Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's really changed in Wrymm?

Default What's really changed in Wrymm?

The damage totals of the last boss need to be changed. If there is a mechanic to remove the fury stacks, what is it?

So far one orb taunts the adds to it's location, the other roots them, and the red orb kills them when the boss is brought to the top at 25%.

However, unless your lucky enough to have 2 FULL T4 tanks with maxed AA, how are you supposed to tank through 5-7K hits? Heals only fo so far and for the items your getting from this instance it does not make sense for to complete it you need such overgeared tanks.

Funcom needs to take a look at this instance again. It might be we are all missing some hidden mechanic to stop the stacks, but it does not have anything to do with the orbs so what is it"?"
    Doomsayer 2008

Two full T4 tanks can very well do the instance and I have done that maybe 30-40 times. The problem is when you run with less than that. Unless there's a hidden mechanic as noted by the OP the ridiculous gear check is just pushing people away.

I take maybe 2000 - 3000 per hit with 17,000 health, while I've seen khitai geared tanks with 13000 health taking up to 6000 in a single hit. When an off tank dies in 2-3 hits they provide no relief to a main tank.

Finally, the reward of the hands is so pitiful to a soldier considering just how crazily geared you need to be to actually get it done in the first place.

What changed was the adds HP, last part of the fight is still doable with 2 good geared tanks, t3 or khitai geared is enough.

With guardians it is all about control, you need aggro switches at the correct time.

The DTs got their shadows that will do the tanking while they get back up in health, also need to do switches but dont have to stress it so because of the shadows.

Conqs can just bubble up when low on health and they will be fine.

For all soldiers it also helps if the rest of the group has high enough dps so the fight dont last too long, healers also need to use their AA-heals.
    I am Stian ingame...

I think the point is if you need such a high level of geared tanks and players, why are the rewards so "meh". If you need full T4 tanks to pull it off (which was done today), the gear rewards should match T4, not just be normal 6-man gear.

Unless the set bonus will make the difference? Still seems a lot of effort goes into the last boss and you end up with normal rewards. As for the neck peices, if your bringing in T4 toons you already have better anyways.

I guess it's just for the look of the armor I suppose.
    Doomsayer 2008

imo it is perfectly doable with khitai tank, class is irrelevant.
    besides "gear" check it is also a "skill" check, they have to do something they haven't learned to do in khitai instance: Switching agro frequently
    and that will be the biggest problem for most tanks because they don't have full control over their class yet.

but what changed in the dungeon:
    - first boss is fixed: there now is a separation wall so you cant run out and wait till blitz is over. makes the fight more fun to some degree.
    - health of the adds upstairs are lowered
    Last edited by Pimmz; 20th March 2013 at 09:10.

well, the last boss with damage buff stacks wasn´t that much of a problem when I´ve been there in the very first version of the dungeon 3 months ago (DT full T3/Khitai) .. but can those adds be handled in some reasonable (and intended) manner now? from what I can remember from those few attempts before this patch was rolled back, they spawned pretty far from each other and couldn´t be moved because they were casters by nature.. at some point I just couldn´t be arsed to be the paying betatester anymore and stopped to care..
    Last edited by Argantes; 20th March 2013 at 09:33.

So nobody here have experienced the adds upstairs respawning almost instantly after you kill the 1st wave?
    Check TL forums for this.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Pimmz View Post
    imo it is perfectly doable with khitai tank, class is irrelevant.
    besides "gear" check it is also a "skill" check, they have to do something they haven't learned to do in khitai instance: Switching agro frequently
    and that will be the biggest problem for most tanks because they don't have full control over their class yet.

but what changed in the dungeon:
    - first boss is fixed: there now is a separation wall so you cant run out and wait till blitz is over. makes the fight more fun to some degree.
    - health of the adds upstairs are lowered
    I did it with probably the most geared a tank can be and great players so no, skill is not an issue. Anyone under close to full T4 will not be able to finish the last part of the fight. Saying you can go in there with Generals/Tiger gear alone is nothing but a lie.

You should have to aggro swap, but taking 6k and 7k hits are a bit much. My point is if you need gear better than what the instance provides to complete it there is little too gain by doing it.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I did it with probably the most geared a tank can be and great players so no, skill is not an issue. Anyone under close to full T4 will not be able to finish the last part of the fight. Saying you can go in there with Generals/Tiger gear alone is nothing but a lie.
    I have tanked this with Pimmz as healer, and can surely attest that he speaks the truth. I was about 50% black dragon and 50% tigers/LL, and my co-tank was similarly geared. The first kills was hard, but after a few tries it's just about concentration and timing. Awesome fight. Haven't had time to test it after the update though. Got hit by around 5,5k at the most.

So the add thing in the underworld is now doable ? That's good to know.
    Last edited by Vehl; 21st March 2013 at 16:25.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast