Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New interview with Joel Bylos at PC Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    I like the idea of auto-looting things too. Sure when I play I shift click as often as I can, even in PvE with the random stuff that I just vendor later for the 10 tin.

Perhaps a solution to this (so people can have their preference of auto-looting or not) would be to put it in the interface options as a choice (like enabling/disabling cut scenes).
    That'd be pretty legit, so /sign on the enabling/disabling of auto-loot.

Also, good to know I'm not the only hoarder in this game

auto-loot is a terrible idea. how would it handle boxes in minigames?

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    auto-loot is a terrible idea. how would it handle boxes in minigames?
    Give everyone whats inside? Easy fix

Quote Originally Posted by mardragon7 View Post
    Give everyone whats inside? Easy fix
    everyone all at the same time?

Dragonspine is not finished and was ill-thought out. It had little replay value and will sit empty just like the majority of the turan update.

it is news to me that crafting will be complete by may 17th. I have not seen any announcement about that since Joel has been put in charge.
    So far yes, it has little replay value. The difference between it and Turan though is, DS was announced as a series of staged and ongoing content updates, not a one off xpac like Turan. So far we've only seen the first stage.

Yeah the wyrm is hard unless you're geared as hell, but given that its content that was rolled out after t4 and it's part of ongoing game/content development, it would be kinda stupid to have it doable by t2 geared toons. That would make t4 mostly redundant if people could just bypass it and go to DS for equivalent loot. It's called built in redundancy and it's always bad.
    The loot may suck or be no better than t4 ATM, but the zone is also not finished.

Poorly thought out, I disagree Twink, I think we haven't seen enough to get a true taste of what it's supposed to be yet.

Quote Originally Posted by torinach View Post
    So far yes, it has little replay value. The difference between it and Turan though is, DS was announced as a series of staged and ongoing content updates, not a one off xpac like Turan. So far we've only seen the first stage.

Yeah the wyrm is hard unless you're geared as hell, but given that its content that was rolled out after t4 and it's part of ongoing game/content development, it would be kinda stupid to have it doable by t2 geared toons. That would make t4 mostly redundant if people could just bypass it and go to DS for equivalent loot. It's called built in redundancy and it's always bad.
    The loot may suck or be no better than t4 ATM, but the zone is also not finished.

Poorly thought out, I disagree Twink, I think we haven't seen enough to get a true taste of what it's supposed to be yet.
    We have yet to hear an announcement from joel about where he's taking this. it's entirely possible they'll abandon the dragonspine update set.

We have yet to hear an announcement from joel about where he's taking this. it's entirely possible they'll abandon the dragonspine update set.
    True, we havent heard anything uet. But unlike the last 4 years the Dev team are now juggling 3 games with reduced resources and time to dedicate to each project.
    In adition to this if they do make an announcement and cant pull it off in the stated time or for some other reason, they then face having half the game's current pop crying 'ZOMG Joel is just another carig' or some such thing.
    Transition always takes time, its been a few months thats all. Yeah its a pain that we dont have instant gratification, but if we did can you imagine how much it would suck to have waited this long, have a new GD and direction and get something like Pandas?

I'd rather wait a little longer and get something that Im gonna enjoy long term.

True, we havent heard anything uet. But unlike the last 4 years the Dev team are now juggling 3 games with reduced resources and time to dedicate to each project.
    In adition to this if they do make an announcement and cant pull it off in the stated time or for some other reason, they then face having half the game's current pop crying 'ZOMG Joel is just another carig' or some such thing.
    Transition always takes time, its been a few months thats all. Yeah its a pain that we dont have instant gratification, but if we did can you imagine how much it would suck to have waited this long, have a new GD and direction and get something like Pandas?

I'd rather wait a little longer and get something that Im gonna enjoy long term.

Show how much you love 'panda's' and make a point to stop and slaughter every single one during your jaunt's through Chosain. Dont stop until you get a buff! (MJ)

Yes, patience is a virtue.

But.

We have waited 5 years now for someone to say pvp needs looking at, the least they could say is what community ideas they like, what ideas they have and what/if any plans they have for pvp.

Throw us a frikkin bone. All this silence is just deafening.

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    Yes, patience is a virtue.

But.

We have waited 5 years now for someone to say pvp needs looking at, the least they could say is what community ideas they like, what ideas they have and what/if any plans they have for pvp.

Throw us a frikkin bone. All this silence is just deafening.
    We've got a monthly development letter that should be coming soon, I'm sure people are still moving offices or relocating or whatever it is that has to happen internally. But he's already stated he wants to put in PvP updates - so those of you that PvP won't be left in the dark.

Joel is at least posting on the forums and engaging in the community - which is a good sign. It shows he wants to be hands on and involved.

I think the fact that he's already got regular maintenance updates on the servers is a good sign. I mean, have we had that before? Consistently?

Give the man and his team/company some time to get stuff organized. He's got three games he's managing. He has to prioritize between all three at once. We're not his only child so we have to get used to sharing his attention with the 'evil step sisters' of AO and TSW. He'll get to us. I'm sure of it.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast