Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New interview with Joel Bylos at PC Gamer

Wink New interview with Joel Bylos at PC Gamer

This morning PC Gamer posted a new interview with Joel Bylos ...

Interview with Funcom’s Joel Bylos: One content team, three games

There's not a lot new, but the interview hits most of the notes we want to hear:

Currently the Age of Conan [F2P] model causes a division between paying players and free players—too much of a division, in my opinion. We are discussing ways to broaden the experience in Age of Conan for free players. That’s a priority for me.
    Call me biased, but I was glad to see that 2/3 of the stock gameplay images used the interview post were of AoC.
    Subbed July 2008 - Try THIS MACHINE AGE a blog for new and casual players of Age of Conan

I just wish they could get more content coming out. A good deal of guilds have cleared T4 and have it on farm status, and outside of that the better places to get gear is from the same 6man circuits that have been done ad nauseum for years.

It's a shame the new Dragon Spine gear is both incomplete and somewhat inferior. I would love for the gear to have some sense of progression to it.

Right now we're probably stuck with more Dragon Spine over a lengthy period of time that has very little reason to be repeated. The actual Dragon Spine open world area is a big offender for this - how many people do it more than once? I know lots haven't even touched it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ibrock View Post
    Call me biased, but I was glad to see that 2/3 of the stock gameplay images used the interview post were of AoC.
    i c what u did there

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    It's a shame the new Dragon Spine gear is both incomplete and somewhat inferior. I would love for the gear to have some sense of progression to it.
    You're talking about SotW gear - there are still a few dungeons not finished, so there a chance the gear will be more powerful (at least the raid set).

Quote Originally Posted by ibrock View Post

especially the last one, with the struggling GM leveled DT (quest to kill Saddur etc.) made me lol

and a really cool-looking dungeon filled with new monsters and new loot.
    Except that the bloody thing isn't working yet, after 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by paulson View Post
    Except that the bloody thing isn't working yet, after 3 months.
    Why not working? All you gotta do is to stand in the right place

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    Dragonspine gear has a set bonuses, so the stats you see on aocisbetterthantv are incomplete. It's a shame we cant see the bonuses BEFORE we farm for ages to get them but hey...

Thats according to the old game director anyway. From his twitter.

At least Joel gives you the impression that he actually cares about the games unlike Craig.

Craig would flat out say there is no need to update content at this time (always talking about PvP), while Joel steps it up and says "judge us on what we do".

I actually read the letter and felt there was some committment there for the first tiem in a while.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    At least Joel gives you the impression that he actually cares about the games unlike Craig.

Craig would flat out say there is no need to update content at this time (always talking about PvP), while Joel steps it up and says "judge us on what we do".

I actually read the letter and felt there was some committment there for the first tiem in a while.
    I'm glad some are willing to pay for a game based on feeling rather than results.

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    I'm glad some are willing to pay for a game based on feeling rather than results.
    It takes months to change anything around in the corporate world, giving Joel a chance is a comittment of at least 6-8 months before seeing anything.

Seeing as I pay by the year, I still have 9 months before deciding to resub, let's see where the game went by then.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast