Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The New 80's Guide to Dungeon Delving

nice post cins, response to the discussion about pp leaving on another thread, well done m8...
    some opinions of my own:

- although halls of eternal flames and scorpion caves are not lvl80 dungeon, i still think they are good training grounds for new lvl80 player with crappy gear, you could add those to T0 for that reason (with a note their not lvl80);
    - jade dugout and abyss NM's to T2 instead of T1
    - Iron Tower 2nd HM not in T5, it requires simple kitting the adds, but the "impossible" 1st HM (desumo) its very very very hard to trigger at least (unless we farm the gems to everyone)... so i would put Iron Tower HM to T2 - pagoda HM for example is way harder and even xibaluku trigger is harder... by the way you added iron tower both modes to T1 then added iron tower on others tiers also ;

once again, good post cins, and good nicknames for each TIER

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    This also means that it´s a PvP enabled instance on PvP servers (same as Onyx Chambers still is and as Main System used to be back in the days), which means a lot of fun or trouble, depends on which side of the sword you´ll end up As a reward for your courage you can get an unique social set that drops from players.
    what you mean a pet, all i got was vanity armor from russians?
    any screens of this pet?
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Less of an issue for dodging "*******"s, but it'd be great to see solo dungeons and where they rank in difficulty too, especially since solo dungeons are a good way for newbies to test out a new tier and practicing learning tactics, without getting screamed at.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

At 80 there isnt much for Solo dungeons.

Easy in your sleep:
    Villa Amiel
    Villa Camillus
    Villa Lentulus
    Villa Verde
    Villa Paetus

Might want to have a pulse:
    Slaughterhouse Cellar
    Attilus Mansion
    The Forgotten City
    The Breach

Should be fully functional:
    Refuge of the Apostate
    Dead Man's Hand

Did I die again?
    Isle of Iron Statues
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

One of my favorite dungeons leveling was that level 39/40 one in Khopshef (not the statue one) the one you used 4 stones on the boss guy at the end.. Pyramid of the Ancients I think (Treasury was statues IIRC)..
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    Less of an issue for dodging "*******"s, but it'd be great to see solo dungeons and where they rank in difficulty too, especially since solo dungeons are a good way for newbies to test out a new tier and practicing learning tactics, without getting screamed at.
    ^^^tman got your back. Maybe I should add solo dungeons too. Hmm. Yes I believe I will.
    edit: Now I've done so, with some small renaming.
    also:
    Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    At 80 there isnt much for Solo dungeons.
    I like how "not much" means 12 dungeons.
    Last edited by cins; 20th March 2013 at 21:06.

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    One of my favorite dungeons leveling was that level 39/40 one in Khopshef (not the statue one) the one you used 4 stones on the boss guy at the end.. Pyramid of the Ancients I think (Treasury was statues IIRC)..
    last boss is a very good example of not just tank spank solo but a bit of focus in to use the bane at the correct order/time, and the whole dungeon is fun and big challenged to some class at level 40

Guess you can add Coils of Ubah Kan to the "OMGWTF" category. :-)

Do a search for Isle of Iron Statues shortcuts. There are plenty of videos illustrating quick ways of getting thru the instance. In case you're wondering, the shortcuts and locations where you can jump up on to reset mobs are part of the deliberately designed terrain model and are not exploits. Rewards an excellent 4-5 rares.

With some practice it is doable on new 80s equiped with cheap crafted blues. Difficulty depends on the class. I had the easiest time with healing classes (especially the PoM) and had the toughest time on the Ranger. In any case a few Khitai blues and/or T1 pieces helps considerably, along with an appropriate solo spec (bubbles and CCs).
    Malaise-DT, Tabixis-Guard, Cocobel-Sin, Elari-ToS (pvp 4), Orsela-PoM, Aarva-BS (pvp 7)

I still like dragging 'extra's' through Black Castle in Khopshef when I can (maybe even worthy of an Unchaining one day!).

Most people haven't even been through there even by L80 primarily because no one's floating around L30 and grouping. They've either moved on, or are solo grinding thier arse to 80. Likely rapidly moving through it on thier way to 80 via power-levelling (seriously, I get peeps L30=>40 in about an hour when I'm not too wasted. EaSt Rooeens represent!)

S'anyway, back to BC. The two Playstation pads at the gauntlet of flaming sanducca turns grown men in to Japanese skuul-gerls on heat while they toast each other at various stages of the run through. Good times. The only time an L16 can properly own an L80 =D

And then there's the 'shoot the f#$king eye ffs!' part right after and watch the 80's melt under overwhelming number's and poison.

And then there's the steps before Ramuses. Classic Indiana Jones. I say no more. More good times.

Black Castle is a good times fun dungeon ('fungeon', feel free to pass that word on) that even 80's can fail at it. Bad 80's, but good times. You even get a chance at a funky Jamiroquai-style hat from Mr. End-Boss.

It's all about looking good.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast