Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why people quit this game...

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet
    This brings me to last night. Some jackass last night was running turan fort(from one of the "elite" guilds..if there is such a thing anymore.)
    thats not new, lots and lots of the "best" guilds (in ranking) are filled with ignorant *******s that think they know everything just because they already killed thoth or the imperor, some of them just needed to be present on raid to get the kill and loot, then they think they are great...on the other hand, if you join pug groups theres a 50%-50% chance of getting bad stuff like noob players, but worse of all a bad leader and/or no english speaking noobs when you ask for exp/language
    another thing i like to point out is the fact that

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet
    Its getting more and more common in the us servers. And frankly I think the new 80 should be able to access whatever content he wants. That's the essence of great game design to allow your customers to be able to play all aspects of your game without some kind of barrier to entry to vast portions of the content just because you don't have cool digitized items.

At the same time you need to balance risk/skill and reward.

Therefore like I suggested do what great games like ddo did.. create different tiers of difficulty for each instance. So instead of us going in last night and seeing that newbie 80 dying countless times we can go into casual mode turan fort, finish it successfully (with very little loot drops since it is on easy mode) and then maybe explain to newbie 80 "hey I saw you were taking a ton of damage on that rhino fight" "yeah I was what's up with that?" "You gotta stand away from the corners man or else you'll get rooted" "oh cool I'll keep that in mind."

And a trained newbie is born..eventually he'll be able to form groups and expand enjoyment for more and more people in the game.(and enrich funcom in the process).
    players from WoW tend to avoid leveling "normally" and go fast to lvl80 and start to go to any dungeon which is not possible for a fresh 80, specially ardashir fort...the guy was noob, ok, we teach the tactics, but still someone that wants to go ardashir should at least know how to fight certain other dungeons like xibaluku, iron tower, monastery, etc, since they are easier and bosses are not TANK SPANK...

in terms of getting gear for ardashir and some exp (class wise), a player can or should go first to dungeons like atzels fortress, xibaluku, crows nest, iron tower (the oldies) and t1 raids --- these will give exp on group fights and the class itself, with no need to use perks, and the gear is good for any newbie level 80 (rares and epics);
    then start t2 raids and khitai stuff (nm) --- starting to have gear upgrades, specially with critigation and preparing to use perks in fights;
    then when rdy for HM in kitahi start thinking in ardashir and the wyrm one (future ) - ardashir fort, even in NM requires perks and knowledge of the game mechanics, both on group playing or the class itself!!! turan was not made for new commers, it was made for lvl80 players fighting kithai HM's

LOL fresh 80's have no clue whats going on in this game and also get destroyed.

Valid points I think..
    Anyhow...if a new lvl 80 comes in, I would suggest to not chose a hardcore guild, that's never gonna end well. And also maybe try something easier at first and then learn from some nice casual ppl with the exp to teach you without blowing up in your face.
    Many ppl seem to forget Aoc actually is a game and not real life, stay away from those ppl and try stick with the casual players.

[Text moderated by Arishanya. Please remember that flaming and trolling on the forums is not allowed. Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 18th March 2013 at 19:49.

i like to also mention that FUNCOM as a bit of blame in what i said about the difficulty in lvl80 dungeons, new players think they are al the same since they are lvl80....

SUGGESTION: simply add some kind of difficulty marker to lvl 80 dungeons along side the lvl it self, like letters, 'A' is easier, B,C,D... are harder, that way a fresh 80 knows he cant go to certain lvl80 dungeon cause his not rdy for them, or add T1, T2 on them and on raids also

3.5 turan is difficult but this isn't a tennis tournament its a game where people play to have fun and enjoy. From a newbies perspective its really not fun when after paying someone money and then not being able to access what you just bought because you're not elite enough or hang with an elite circle of people. Its a game again not RL. Here to get away from all that and not compound it.

Game designers who can strike this delicate balance get a successful game other game company's who can't break their hardcore gamer mentality end up wasting investor money.

1st of all, you can't blame the game if the group leader is an a$$. it's just his fault. period.

that said, there are many levels of difficulty in the game, and ardashir fort is one of the hardest group dungeons. people are not supposed to go there as soon as they reach lvl 80, but should start from the easier ones and progress through the instances/raids.

actually, this one is a good suggestion, 'cos a new player may not know the difficulty level of the various dungeons:

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    simply add some kind of difficulty marker to lvl 80 dungeons along side the lvl it self, like letters, 'A' is easier, B,C,D... are harder, that way a fresh 80 knows he cant go to certain lvl80 dungeon cause his not rdy for them, or add T1, T2 on them and on raids also
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Again, you're missing the main point. Do you really want to deny access to your customer who wants to try fort, something he purchased, because he lacks gear?

Simply create a casual mode ( because a casual player will probably never get to do fort, I've played for several years and this is my fourth time) for people who want to experience new content and finish story arcs, drastically reduce loot % and use this casual instance to train players.

Simply barring people from huge swaths of content just cuts your game down by half... I've spoken with people who played a year or more and never seen Thoth amon.. its crazy, you're intentionally limiting the full potential of your own game.

he will get there with some time and patience... how many dungeons are easier then that?? too many to even count them...
    have you asked that player if he's been to crow's nest?? iron tower?? xibaluku?? it's not like ardashir is the only thing he can do....
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    he will get there with some time and patience... how many dungeons are easier then that?? too many to even count them...
    have you asked that player if he's been to crow's nest?? iron tower?? xibaluku?? it's not like ardashir is the only thing he can do....
    THIS is exactly the mindset that is slowly plunging the game. I've PUG'd crows nest and xib and iron tower, 55% of the pugs never finish even after hours of play.

You may say well they must REALLY suck ..OK or you can say that you are just a much better gamer. Whatever the reason is more then half the pugs JUST barely manage to get through these "easy" dungeons.

For a brand spanking new group who never stepped into one of these dungeons it would be impossible because they have no one with strat knowledge or someone to lead them... this is a game..not a Navy SEALs test..you should with a couple of hiccups be able to finish these easier dungeons.

Remember, stop thinking like a vet and start thinking like someone who just picked up the game or maybe even a first time gamer. Its hard I know..but due to a lack of vet players and seeing this side of the fence I realize why the game isn't more popular.

Bummer for that new 80. But as it says right on the box, "User Experience May Vary."

It's true that the game lacks for a clear upgrade path once you hit 80. But any of us could fix that with a guide.

I'm not sure that 80's experience reflects a flaw with the game. As with most MMOs, the true test of the end game is finding -- or putting together -- the right group of people to do it with. Finding a good guild is not guaranteed. But would we value our guild if it was guaranteed? I look at WoW, where you can do almost any content in the game -- even the raids -- via an LFG button. How do you get to know anyone? Why bother? Why keep playing once you have accomplished your personal goals?

Don't get me wrong. The first time I quit this game, the thing that pushed me over the edge was being in three guild implodes in five months. It'd be nice to make a game feature that stopped that.

Ain't gonna happen.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast