Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am glad this game is in maintenance mode

Default I am glad this game is in maintenance mode

So as everyone is well aware, recently Craig was let go and Joel Bylos took over as creative director of Funcom's MMOs Age of Conan and Anarchy Online, in addition to his existing directorship of The Secret World. Effectively this put the game in maintenance mode. Unless you're completely naive, you'll realize that Joel's main focus is The Secret World, and Funcom have "consolidated" by culling employees from other projects and shifting them over to work on their newest, shiniest 2012 MMO. Whatever Age of Conan will get are scraps, or "promises" like the new engine that Anarchy Online was supposed to get 5 years ago.

Well I am glad that Age of Conan is not getting any new updates or development. I wouldn't want Joel Bylos to touch a single piece of code in this game, based on his performance with The Secret World.

Last week, The Secret World got updated to "Issue #6" (1.6). This only broke every part of the game.

Performance-wise: the game became unplayable with massive memory leaks and poor memory optimization. Multiple threads were opened up in the forums complaining about lag, hard drive thrashing, stuttering and going from 40FPS to 3-20FPS. The new quests caused people to consistently CTD when certain effects were played. The community server also broke, causing people to be constantly disconnected from battleground.

Don't believe me? Just read the forums.
    http://forums.thesecretworld.com/sho...34&postcount=2
    I have personally experienced completely unplayable performance in the game.

I hope this game never sees a single patch and remains in the state Craig left it. Age of Conan now runs smooth as butter on my machine, with Craig having fixed Thunder River lag. I don't want to see Joel come along and turn this game into a 1fps wonder.

That NEVER happened EVER with Craig
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Joel was put in charge of AOC because of a cost cutting move to put him in charge of 3 different games, not to change the direction of the game. I don't expect anything to change.

We've had our fair share of game breaking patches here as well. 3.0 or 3.1, can't remember was so bad that they held off patching the EU servers for weeks while us here in the rest of the world suffered.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalagna View Post
    We've had our fair share of game breaking patches here as well. 3.0 or 3.1, can't remember was so bad that they held off patching the EU servers for weeks while us here in the rest of the world suffered.
    I'd prefer to forget that time.

/foetalposition

Can't sleep, clown will eat me ...

I have a feeling Joel is going to be pretty pissed when he sees this tomorrow haha... He can be pretty nasty.

When it comes to development..

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/03...c-and-ao-team/

According to this interview they'll start working on the rest of the Dragonspine content, before doing 1.7 for TSW. I'm not sure what that means in reality if that's 1 dungeon, or eveything, I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Lednail View Post
    I hope this game never sees a single patch.
    So do I, but for different reasons. Too many newcomers ask for changes more relevant to World of Warcraft than to this game.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lednail View Post
    The worst post of new forums has been made. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    So do I, but for different reasons. Too many newcomers ask for changes more relevant to World of Warcraft than to this game.
    No new patches? That means Saddur will keep his key!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast