Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gear dependence gone: thank you funcom!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkiller View Post
    I m playing AoC for 2 years
    Highest i ever had was 35 gold
    Lol @ A FEW HUNDRED GOLD
    1. get the right recipies
    2. ???
    3. profit!

but yeah, first, the craft revamp should be here for almost a year already and still there´s not even an ETA for TL server.. and second, gear dependence will most probably stay, only the gear accessibility might be better.. but again, who knows..

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    I remember earning more than 35 gold when levelling my first character with some effort to buy the culture set. Crafting and digging is the key to money.
    I remember always having about 8G while hitting 80.

That what you get if you're only doing quests and restrain from buying expensive items from AH (>15s). Players shouldn't be forced to mine, gather and do other kinds of stupid ****.

I never had more than 20-30 gold on me - usually between selling a shard and buying another faction/raid item. Right now I have about 140G - just because some people stopped playing and gave away their stuff.

The moment when I will have gather lots of gold (again) to progress with gear, will be the moment when I will just stop logging in.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkiller View Post
    I m playing AoC for 2 years
    Highest i ever had was 35 gold
    Lol @ A FEW HUNDRED GOLD
    You are doing something very wrong then.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    Apparently, gear will not matter any longer(short of vanity) Its a little known video but MMORPG.com interviewed Craig(before he left) and crafting devs in a very in depth 50 minute video on the revamped crafting video.

Not many views on YouTube (its essentially a FULL reveal of the new system so I can see why people will like to keep it hush hush..so they can quietly collect up resources).. but go to youtube and type in "age of Conan crafting revamp revealed" in the search.

Anyhow EVERYTHING will be ingredients based and these precious ingredients will be found from everything in raids to random rare world drops. PvP gear will be craft able,this will change everything.Thanks funcom.
    Gear and AA are the only way to progress your character in game. If they make gear easy to get without adding some content systems (like achievement system) then it will be bad for the game.
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 18th March 2013 at 12:26.

Revolving around accessibility, i have no problem with accessibility, gear prgression isn't real what's keeping me on the game. But having something to seek, that sounds nice.

Currently you know exactly what gear you'll get from this or that place. How long it's going to take you to get that piece and how much it's going to cost you. So it's basicly doing stuff over and over again till you get your purple toy.
    The way they described crafting now, it would be a leap in the unknown. You'll have to learn again what drops from where, what is usefull what is not, then find the right recepie and keep it to yourself, make a lot of gold with it to finance other reasarch. So yeah... just the idea of having, for at least a few months something to discover is enough to make me happy.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Its a trial and error system, exactly which "gems" and which order creates which bonus effect I think will be the new "this is it!" in the game.

There will be roughly two types of players in the game now. 1.) Crafters- who've got all their skills maxed and have their hard earned secret ingredients/order scrawled away on notepad somewhere. 2.) Resource gatherers- People who do raids/mine/gather/hunt/cut trees to get that one rare super ingredient.

I think the new system may upend/create A LOT of drama when that purple box gets opened and/or rumour circulates on someone discovering a new super weapon recipe.

This may be a hit or miss,at least in the previous system there was stability, because the game will deal out who got what etc.
    Last edited by RingOfSet; 18th March 2013 at 12:42.

There will be roughly two types of players in the game now.
    Yep, the rest will unsub

Seriously people, do you get wet/hard thinking about pickaxes and nodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    Yep, the rest will unsub

Seriously people, do you get wet/hard thinking about pickaxes and nodes?
    And if you continue reading number 2 states that raiding perhaps even pvping (maybe a soul of another toon is an ingredient?) will definitely be part of the resource gathering.

maybe a soul of another toon is an ingredient?
    I can dig that. You gather souls from doing PvP. Here's how it could be executed:

The Loser: Oi you... well fought! You really got me there. What kind of weapon is that?

The Winner: Thanks mate, this is my mighty GM-izer. It contains the soul of the GM who recently left. It was tough to win it from him, but now it's all mine and it has been infused into this superb GM-izer. Thanks for the fight... but I must say you did a lousy job. What kind of poking stick did you use anyway?

The Loser: Oh this old... yes... well you see, I ran into the first GM on a battlefield the other day and fought him. To tell you the truth it was an easy fight and his soul is now residing in this Pitchfork that I wield. I never was able to get anything better.

A third participant comes in from the sideline, the Conqueror: Hello lads, what's this fuzz about? One of you wearing what could be mistaken for a highly deadly arm and the other something that resembles a farming tool? How's that for oddity. Let me introduce myself, I'm the new GM and this is my very own Soulgatherer. Welcome to the show.

*/hack /slash /blood /win*

The Winner and the Loser are now both lying in pools of blood. The third participant, the Conqueror, gathers their souls and infuses them into his Soulgatherer, the mightiest weapon seen since Conan was active on the battlefield.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12