Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gear dependence gone: thank you funcom!

Default Gear dependence gone: thank you funcom!

Apparently, gear will not matter any longer(short of vanity) Its a little known video but MMORPG.com interviewed Craig(before he left) and crafting devs in a very in depth 50 minute video on the revamped crafting video.

Not many views on YouTube (its essentially a FULL reveal of the new system so I can see why people will like to keep it hush hush..so they can quietly collect up resources).. but go to youtube and type in "age of Conan crafting revamp revealed" in the search.

Anyhow EVERYTHING will be ingredients based and these precious ingredients will be found from everything in raids to random rare world drops. PvP gear will be craft able,this will change everything.Thanks funcom.
    Last edited by RingOfSet; 17th March 2013 at 21:02.

I think half of AoC's pop watched that live.

how that will make "gear dependence" gone? It only means that there will be more ways to get gear, but it's power contribution and impact on pvp will stay the same.

What this means is rather: you might not be required to raid T4 to get good weapon for pvp. That's all that will change (if that).
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Gwartisan View Post
    I think half of AoC's pop watched that live.
    I remember watching that.

The video is SO boring.

Can anyone recap the main points?

What do you mean there will be no gear, short of vanity gear?

How do you craft pvp gear if gear doesn't have stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    how that will make "gear dependence" gone? It only means that there will be more ways to get gear, but it's power contribution and impact on pvp will stay the same.

What this means is rather: you might not be required to raid T4 to get good weapon for pvp. That's all that will change (if that).
    I don't think you understand. Got a few hundred gold? BAM!Instant geared or even free geared (if you got a good crafter friend).

Actually, when people will reveal the secrets of the crafting (the number, order, and amount of materials used), you will need only 15 copper to gear up in gear better than T4...

There is nothing promising in the crafting revamp, and I prefer the current system much more.

Also, no one confirmed the release date for the revamp nor the final details on the revamp. It is too early to thank anyone for anything.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 18th March 2013 at 04:38.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    I don't think you understand. Got a few hundred gold? BAM!Instant geared or even free geared (if you got a good crafter friend).
    I don't think you understand what the words "gear dependence" means. What you are describing is "gear accessibility" which is a different thing.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    I m playing AoC for 2 years
    Highest i ever had was 35 gold
    Lol @ A FEW HUNDRED GOLD

I remember earning more than 35 gold when levelling my first character with some effort to buy the culture set. Crafting and digging is the key to money.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast