Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: PLEASE adjust Stall the Advance in PvP

Because it's totally balanced to give the tankiest PvP class a strong damage deflection that can instantly do up to 5k retaliatory damage at once...

This doesn't have to affect PvE at all. If they adjusted it to do one retaliatory attack per damage/combo taken and one for all debuffs applied rather than one for EACH debuff applied, it'd go a long way. In PvE debuffs like that are rarely a factor in StA damage/hate production anyway.

Or it could be adjusted as an AoE taunt like a Conq's Retaliation and have the damage limited to once per second per target.

I am aware that you can do a white hit every 3 seconds 3 times to remove the shield without taking much damage, but I think it's silly that a class should have an ability that makes them untouchable for 9 seconds without killing yourself. ESPECIALLY on a Guardian.

Just because something needs to be adjusted to not be totally imbalanced and broken in PvP doesn't mean it's going to completely break the class guys, relax. And BTW, we have Guardians who tank T4 no problem, maybe you guys just need to work on your gear/rotation/spec a bit more :P
    Last edited by Arishanya; 18th March 2013 at 17:41.

If they nerf stall the sure as hell better nerf vom...

Quote Originally Posted by Aylis View Post
    If they nerf stall the sure as hell better nerf vom...
    Comparing apples to oranges, not saying VOM is not OP or OP (or any classes OP perks but this thread isn't about them). A DT is required to land combos for VOM to be an issue as opposed to STA just being clicked and other people hitting you and getting massive return damage as it appears to proc return damage more times than what the guardian is hit for which is what I believe the OP is wanting changed, hit once and getting 15x damage return is crazy in PvP and of course it doesn't need to be changed in PVE but that doesn't mean it's not broken in PVE too which the return damage in PVP suggests it could be.

Honestly, how many guardians actually uses this perk? how many guardians actually poses a real threat in mini game to anyone? (maybe pvp 10s who loves to focus fresh 80s) But seriously theres less than a handful of guardians that actually knows what theyre doing and can be a serious threat ( anatu,khalily and who esle??)
    Do you see sookil dominating in mini games? or any other guardians? 80% of the mare flag bots.
    Is this something really worth posting a thread about?

Quote Originally Posted by Auldwulf View Post
    You used to PI spam to 1 shot, lol.
    Ya, and Funcom gave him all sorts of kudos for videos despite him being a known exploiter of PI, lol... Go sents!

Back on topic, I think changing it would be a good idea, and it's not beyond the coders to implement it in a way that the "nerf" only effects players, not mobs... or they could just increase the hate generated by it in PVE if that's the issue.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 18th March 2013 at 17:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Balacai View Post
    Because it's totally balanced to give the tankiest PvP class a strong damage deflection that can instantly do up to 5k retaliatory damage at once...

This doesn't have to affect PvE at all. If they adjusted it to do one retaliatory attack per damage/combo taken and one for all debuffs applied rather than one for EACH debuff applied, it'd go a long way. In PvE debuffs like that are rarely a factor in StA damage/hate production anyway.

Or it could be adjusted as an AoE taunt like a Conq's Retaliation and have the damage limited to once per second per target.

I am aware that you can do a white hit every 3 seconds 3 times to remove the shield without taking much damage, but I think it's silly that a class should have an ability that makes them untouchable for 9 seconds without killing yourself. ESPECIALLY on a Guardian.

Just because something needs to be adjusted to not be totally imbalanced and broken in PvP doesn't mean it's going to completely break the class guys, relax. And BTW, we have Guardians who tank T4 no problem, maybe you guys just need to work on your gear/rotation/spec a bit more :P
    Nerfing STA will break the Guardians
    Guards hav this ability coz they r tanks
    Dont Attack the Guard when it is up
    Command ur pet to attack the Guard
    3 hits from ur pet will remove it
    It is a L2P issue

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkiller View Post
    Nerfing STA will break the Guardians
    Guards hav this ability coz they r tanks
    Dont Attack the Guard when it is up
    Command ur pet to attack the Guard
    3 hits from ur pet will remove it
    It is a L2P issue
    Yeah i'll spawn a pet to remove sta on my sin, hox, dt and so on... Seems the function called brain is a rare thing nowadays.

People who say, don't attack guard when its up. For real? You could say that on retaliation or tos bubble, but STA last 1 minute.

Ppl like Spaartacus posting are barbs who don't get the "bug" where the retal damage hits you for 3k+ instantly because of their combo types. As a sin it's way too hard to kill a guard with a fresh sta up to drop flag or whatever. They can pop it during a grim corr or whatever, the smart ones wait until you're mid combo then pop it for an instant 3k+ damage then they can sit in frenzy and **** you while you have to kite around white hitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Allandir View Post
    Yeah i'll spawn a pet to remove sta on my sin, hox, dt and so on... Seems the function called brain is a rare thing nowadays.
    White hits remove it

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast