Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: PLEASE adjust Stall the Advance in PvP

did some testing this realy is a bug, while in pve its totaly unoticeable its easy to miss.
    if a spell/combo received has multiple efects it will trigger a damage proc return for each efect received, so pretty much any efect placed will give a damage return proc back to caster.
    should be checked into and fixed.
    although it only realy is a threat to demo and sin class, its still a bug and should be fixed.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    I understand that you are afraid that if it get nerfed, it hinders your pve success, right?
    Yes
    Nerfing StA will result in a useless broken ability
    Bloody Vengeance was nerfed and is totally useless now

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkiller View Post
    Yes
    Nerfing StA will result in a useless broken ability
    a simple line of code restricting amount of return procs per stack of sta would be enough.
    bug only occours when multiple efects are applied with same ability/spell/combo
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

As long as StA is not affected in PvE i dont hav any problem but it should not b nerfed
    I m afraid of the fact that they will nerf it

i was a bit skeptic to this but was enough to ask a friend to help me do some tests and this only happens noticeably in pvp given there are multiple class abilities/spells/combos wich place multiple efects.

bug is:
    for each efect placed it triggers a counter damage proc

so even efects that dont deal damage will cause a damage return proc

a simple limitation to number of return procs would suffice and shouldnt take more then going in i imagine the class definition of sta and adjust code adding a limiting return damage function per efect received per stack consumed, im sure an experienced coder will even manage to simplify it to a single line of added code.

as a side note i realy dont get why people use it apart from dueling against sins/demos given its pretty useless against all other classes, counterweight can crit stupidly high even in defensive stance...
    Last edited by noite80; 25th March 2013 at 14:36.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    i was a bit skeptic to this but was enough to ask a friend to help me do some tests and this only happens noticeably in pvp given there are multiple class abilities/spells/combos wich place multiple efects.

bug is:
    for each efect placed it triggers a counter damage proc

so even efects that dont deal damage will cause a damage return proc

a simple limitation to number of return procs would suffice and shouldnt take more then going in i imagine the class definition of sta and adjust code adding a limiting return damage function per efect received per stack consumed, im sure an experienced coder will even manage to simplify it to a single line of added code.

as a side note i realy dont get why people use it apart from dueling against sins/demos given its pretty useless against all other classes, counterweight can crit stupidly high even in defensive stance...
    The +50 damage deflection for 6-60 seconds every 105 seconds is pretty strong by itself, I think the damage is just kind of a bonus. It's definitely good for Guards who want to lean more towards tankiness than DPS

I remember a Guard making a video about BV. He binded it on all his binds and did a mini. 25/5 spaming only that haha.

About StA this video kind of shows how fast and how powerfully StA retaliation hits for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XegbIRdLAco
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    Cos it's the most noob-friendly ability Guards can have in pvp. You just sit in frenzy and pop it at the right time and watch demos and sins kill themselves even if you can't land a combo on them. So of course the average joe absolutely loves it.

CW has a much much better potential in group PVP but you have to be able to hit all of the steps of the combo to truly benefit from the high damage - even with the pole's range it's not that easy for many people (have to admit that server latency issues don't help though). But short CD, high crit chance, very long animation make it awesome for people who can use it properly. It's not perfectly reliable, sometimes it does like 250 damage per tick in frenzy, but you can just interrupt it and spam it again cos of the ultra short CD

Yes
    No it's not useless. It's an instant no-step combo so it can't be too strong, it's just a quick tool and definitely has its uses (like when you want to finish someone kb'd and don't mind losing Vengeance stacks). It was simply retarded and made no sense before, you could one shot anything without a heavy/plate armour even with green/blue gear. Same sh!t with the buggued PI that some people spammed to one shot people (that was back when I moved to Fury, so I feel like mentioning here that very few guards on Fury used that, but most of Crom "top" guards abused it like hell)

And no one is asking to nerf STA, we want a bugfix, not a nerf of any kind. Guards don't need this bug to be good in pvp, so just fix it.
    Last edited by kalston; 25th March 2013 at 16:01.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Y did u use Bomb DWW when he was in STA?
    Y no Finely Honed or Tainted Weapons to remove StA?
    Y no white hits?
    Clearly u need to L2P.
    Are you daft or just ignorant? You can't get rid of STA if you've already started your combo, or the bomb has been applied when the guard pops it. It's an instant ability. It can be done halfway through your opponents combo, and still proc on them. Think about that for a second. It even returns massive damage for abilities(not combos) that don't even do damage. It's buggy in PVP. We're asking to fix it, not nerf it.
    Last edited by Azmith; 25th March 2013 at 22:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Balacai View Post
    The +50 damage deflection for 6-60 seconds every 105 seconds is pretty strong by itself
    You don't understand what you are talking about.

StA is not a 60 second buff. It is a buff that has 3 stacks.
    One stack is removed each time you get attacked.
    If you dont get attacked, then yes it will last 60s but in this case what does it matter. The 60s is irrelevant.

The easiest way to think of this ability is to compare it to a 3 stack of cunning D.

The problem is that these small insignificant hits are triggering the repost from it, but not the removal of a stack.

It wont be an easy fix - I can tell you that now - this same affect is seen with other classes although it isn't as noticable.

For example, this damage is from a PoM (Essane) that I was no where near and not attacking, yet I took damage.
    [12:21] Essane's Incinerate (2) hits you for 225 shield damage.
    [12:21] Essane's Intense Heat hits you for 225 shield damage

The 21 million hit is a one line of code fix - and thats been left uncorrected for 4 years. Dont get your hopes up.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast