Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE adjust Stall the Advance in PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    actually i can easily do fatality on pvp 10 sin from 50-90%

CW can hit 1,2k-1,5k without crit.. with crit the lowest attack is sometimes 1.6k-2k

(pvp t1-t2 gear) pvp6, t3 craft pole
    Well with t3 craft i guess you can almost 1 shot clothie with preload stagger and if ss and reckoning crit its bye bye. cw is nice but i love ss to

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Well with t3 craft i guess you can almost 1 shot clothie with preload stagger and if ss and reckoning crit its bye bye. cw is nice but i love ss to
    sin will pop dull pain QQ
    The Law

actually i can easily do fatality on pvp 10 sin from 50-90%

CW can hit 1,2k-1,5k without crit.. with crit the lowest attack is sometimes 1.6k-2k

(pvp t1-t2 gear) pvp6, t3 craft pole
    1.2k-1.5k hits are crits actually but numbers are bugged in combat log therefore it looks like non crit. Btw i would like to see combat log of 1.6k-2k cw crit as 1st(lowest)hit coz that means that last hit of cw would be like 2.5k. We all know that guards are op but u dont need to exagarate so much
    Last edited by Blacksoulx; 13th January 2014 at 16:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    HoX, barb, and Conq all have best AAs. Every other class has 1 maybe 2 AAs worth using.
    Bs Anyone Ursine spirit? op as hell in pvp and FG can pretty much one shot a clothie when crit .
    Шторм-кнут

sin will pop dull pain QQ
    its kind of hard to pop it when he is on back, but i ment on clothies in general

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    Ive never seen 4-5k fatality from a guard, ever. Perhaps I am lucky. Regardless of what they hit with. Im a tos, and squishy, with no Tier armor, so am curious if anyone else has seen a 4-5k fatality from a guard in pvp?
    Omfg Josyah?

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksoulx View Post
    1.2k-1.5k hits are crits actually but numbers are bugged in combat log therefore it looks like non crit. Btw i would like to see combat log of 1.6k-2k cw crit as 1st(lowest)hit coz that means that last hit of cw would be like 2.5k. We all know that guards are op but u dont need to exagarate so much
    all right all right.. so when i see in my screen 1.1k cw hit with no crit, and i dont talk about combat u say is bugged..?, even if he dont die on it it shows that, im not talking about when u finish of guy with 1% hp and u bang 1414124j2842 one last push...
    The Law

all right all right.. so when i see in my screen 1.1k cw hit with no crit, and i dont talk about combat u say is bugged..?, even if he dont die on it it shows that, im not talking about when u finish of guy with 1% hp and u bang 1414124j2842 one last push...
    How often do you see this on your guard? Is there any other guard that plays that can confirm this? Too often we see exaggerations in the forums, or a one of rare time where you were fighting a noob sin in all greens.

I often do 4-5k total damage with CW critting (even on pvp 10 tanks when they are in frenzy) but that's not a burst at all, it's an extremely long combo and the hits don't even come out that fast. If you try to CC the guard rather than run away - like many do in pug minis - you have good chances of surviving (ofc anti CCs make it complicated sometimes). When you get a crit like that on a clothie with crap gear or that took some damage then yeah, you get an impressive fatality. But you know what? Barb's upheaval (for example) is virtually the same (except it is more reliable because the damage range is tighter) - long combo with big hits and "shocking" fatalities every now and then.

Storm strike is much faster and crits much more often + reckoning does +50% or more damage compared to reckoning after CW. Now THAT'S a burst and it can easily be around 5-6k damage in a very short time frame - but you practically never get a fatality with that though.

CW may seem OP but in the grand scheme of things it's absolutely nothing : guard without any class perks (no STA, no CW) is still in the top 4 of the most op classes. Now play guard without Storm Strike and it becomes a class with no burst and very limited killing power outside of lucky crit outbursts.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Balacai View Post
    It's so annoying doing two instant-cast spells that do maybe 1,000 damage total to a Guardian and getting hit back for 300-400 10+ times at once.
    Sookil's Stall the Advance hits you for 305 slashing damage.

Literally twelve 305 damage retaliatory hits from Shock and Hellfire Stream alone. It hits back once for each damage proc from spell or full combo and once each debuff applied PER Stall the Advance buff up, which is why Sins get destroyed by it when they use Grim Corruption which applies like 4 debuffs at once. If a Guardian has 3 StA buffs up that's an instant 12 procs from debuffs and 3 from damage, so ~300x15 instantly without having to land a combo or do anything besides get hit with the buff up. It's the same for Demos, where each instant cast applies a protection debuff and Hellfire Stream applies Incinerate as well (which hits you back for adding the "incinerate" debuff and also the damage that incinerate does immediately [which is like 15]) and Soul Resonance from Shock.

If there were simply a limit to how many retaliatory attacks could be done per second it would go a VERY long way to making this ability far more balanced and less rage-inducing.
    I posted an almost exact version of your post describing the problem and was met by PvE "are you trying to destroy guard in PvE" comments and L2P comments.

The worste fact of the matter is any guard with a brain only activated it the instant they expect or see you approach to land a sin combo. I've had 6k off GC+SoulD and a white hit+ charge killed me.

I have 8750hp in pvp. Agree 100% I even spammed test live with combat logs of retaliated one shots :/ they're not interested
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.