Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PvP weapon changes +

Default PvP weapon changes +

We are working on tweaking Tier 3 PvP gear to achieve better balance. In particular we will be looking at removing some of the less useful stats and converting them into more meaningful attributes, top of the list are the melee weapons whose base DPS is not as competitive as they should be. Stay tuned to the Test Live forums for a more detailed thread on this in the future.

But that is not all that is happening with PvP gear, because we are also adding even more power and opportunities to this system. The process has begun on making Tier 4 PvP gear, so you have plenty of great items to look forward to!
    I personally think that the addition of Tier 4 PvP gear is a good thing as this will revitalize CE. There will now be a reason for contention out in CE... that is, if they place additional PvP levels in the game.

I know... lots of people will think that this is a bad thing because clicking rocks and trees is not PvP... but I don't care about that so long as people are fighting over the right to click those nodes!! LOL

And the weapons, oh boy the weapons!!! I just hope they add constitution to the weapons... that is the biggest thing I think needs to be changed. You need health for PvP!! and lots of it!!!

uh what such good news? I can hardly belive it... and indeed I also like to gank people digging rocks in CE but unfortunately usually there is no one present there so hopefully it will change now...

Hehe and I park my Sin for such reason still on Crom...
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Quote Originally Posted by Rohaus View Post
    I personally think that the addition of Tier 4 PvP gear is a good thing as this will revitalize CE. There will now be a reason for contention out in CE... that is, if they place additional PvP levels in the game.

I know... lots of people will think that this is a bad thing because clicking rocks and trees is not PvP... but I don't care about that so long as people are fighting over the right to click those nodes!! LOL

And the weapons, oh boy the weapons!!! I just hope they add constitution to the weapons... that is the biggest thing I think needs to be changed. You need health for PvP!! and lots of it!!!
    No i hope no more top pvp guild grind rock ********.

Maybe new achivement system somehow binds with pvp 4 gear. Like bf4 assignments. For example kill multiple players within sertain time. Or finish players while they are feared stuned knocked and so on. Or do some crazy hard stuff for each class like for barbs kill one enemy while knocking 4 other players at same time. Or even make funny assingment like kill enemy by bleed while doing emote. Plz no more one Guild dominance over stupid rock. Let each players do control its pvp progression by doing different things. There could be assignment like killin so many enemys in mini using most retarded build like all general. I mean come on i love this kind of stuff makes me wana try new things

wow its lucky I didn't delete my t3 pvp weapon yet.
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom
    - Henryx Age of Conan Youtube -
    - Henryx Age of Conan Blog -

Feel very weird changes from FC and even worse pvp .Welcome new heavy grind
    Last edited by gazoder; 9th January 2014 at 12:34.

Consider this:

PvP 10: I'm 175,567/684,119 experience.

I can't even begin to imagine what kind of grind getting past 11 and working towards 12 would be.

It was one thing when guilds were holding CE to get from 6-9, but very few people grinded past 9 in the age of Guild Hold CE.

I don't think you'll see the resurrection of CE guild combat you all hope to see, because nobody but a handful of real hard core dedicated rock clickers on coke and meth will even attempt to farm experience requirements of over a 1,000,000 pvp exp per level. Just wow.

I mean you would have to be getting 4-5k a sacrifice to even make it worth your time to go out there. And if CE guild battles did come back, it would be 12+ sacrificing for safety concerns, which negates the reason to go because experience would be so crap it would not be worth the time outside hoarding tokens. I truly hope they have a plan to make pvp 11-15 gear manageable to get within the lifespan the game has left, if they release it. And this is coming from a pvp 10, I can't imagine the amount of drugs you would need to start from 4 or 5 and go to 15.
    Last edited by Suctum; 9th January 2014 at 12:53.
    Doomsayer 2008

I believe Funcom originally intended for 15-20 PvP levels. I can't imagine grinding past 10. I don't think adding more PvP levels is the way to go for T4 PvP gear progression.

I'm sure there are other purchase requirements they could add such as: winning x amount of minigames (unchained, normal & tourny mode), winning x amount of sieges, or reach a certain threshold of kills. Then you could throw in some campaign badge requirement on the side to prevent veterans from instantly getting it.

Maybe even tie in the new achievement system with T4 PvP gear? Like you need certain achievements to get it.

I don't know. I just hope Funcom doesn't add more PvP levels.
    Last edited by Pumpernickle; 10th January 2014 at 02:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpernickle View Post
    I believe Funcom originally intended for 15-20 PvP levels. I can't imagine grinding past 10. I don't think adding more PvP levels is the way to go for T4 PvP gear progression.

I'm sure there are other purchase requirements they could add such as: winning x amount of minigames (unchained, normal & tourny mode), winning x amount of sieges, or reach a certain threshold of kills. Then you could throw in some campaign badge requirement on the side to prevent veterans from instantly getting it.

Maybe even tie in the new achievement system with T4 PvP gear? Like you need certain achievements to get it.

I don't know. I just hope Funcom doesn't add more PvP levels.
    Ok, so lets consider this (my epeen aside) on just one toon my demo:

Over 4,000 minis played
    Close to 2,700 won

Over 54,ooo kills

77 sieges won

Currently at 500+ campaign badges
    Some minor amount of tokens because I don't bother picking them up in minis and do not do CE...

Would these stats be retroactive for whatever achievements I would need to qualify for gear or does everyone have to start from day 1.

I'm sure there are many people who have even more than I have invested on one character(and better stats I'm sure...Anatu ), so I'm not sure how going your route would be fair for everyone, because many people have so much invested in their accounts, but you would not want to penalize newer players because their achievements are no less important than someone who has the advantage of 3-5+ years more play time like me.
    Last edited by Suctum; 10th January 2014 at 03:59.
    Doomsayer 2008

it seems like new T4 gear will be tied to revamped tournament mode minigames (http://aochideout.blogspot.com/2013/...g-part-ii.html).

Nothing is set in stone, but I doubt CE - in its current form - will play a role in T4. Joel Bylos more than anyone is bitter about how CE turned out.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    it seems like new T4 gear will be tied to revamped tournament mode minigames (http://aochideout.blogspot.com/2013/...g-part-ii.html).

Nothing is set in stone, but I doubt CE - in its current form - will play a role in T4. Joel Bylos more than anyone is bitter about how CE turned out.
    All is speculation until we see what comes on TL but it does sound like we going to end up with 3 separate mini game modes! The population of AOC cant support this! (with out cross server minis)

1) current mini game! Single player sign up total and utter mess! low gear low aa mixed in same mini match with high gear high aa players

2) (speculation) revamped tournament mode! Single player sign up or with group! a chance to earn T4 tokens so your pvp weapon might equal the PVEEE T4 weapons and gear accessories whatever
    The big problem with this while you grind for your pvp T4 (to be competitive) you will already be fighting players that have pvp T4 from there PVEEEE T4 stats (weapons) ect.....

3) Then we have this so called unchained mini game mode (speculation) Where gear and aa are equal SO WHATS THE POINT IN OPTION 1 AND 2?
    if I LOG IN AOC AND WHAT PLAY SOME MINI GAMES ONE WOULD PICK UNCHAINED MINI GAME MODE why would I play the gear and aa imbalance of option 1 and 2????

I just don't get where funcom are going with this if we end up with 3 mini game modes

For the record I have a full pvp T3 BS (should have after 5 years) sounds like all my gear is getting a buff but its to late! now that unchained mini games are coming! cause I will be playing there and so will every other true pvper that don't rely on the gear and aa advantages

Apart from mini games what else is there for pvp?
    a siege? lol
    a world pvp fight? lol

Why would me as a vet or a new pvp player grind a toon a very very long grind!! when they can just jump into unchained mini games with no grind what so ever

IMPORTANT PART READ THIS!!!!!!
    IF AOC HAD BIG POPULATION WITH BIG PVP GUILDS THEN 3 MINI GAME OPTIONS WOULD BE VERY NICE!! BECAUSE YOU CAN JUMP INTO UNCHAINED MINI FOR FAIR AND EQUAL FIGHTS (gear/aa) OR YOUR CAN PLAY THE OTHER MINIS TO PROGRESS YOUR WORLD/SIEGE/DUEL PVP TOON
    BUT AOC DONT HAVE THIS POPULATION!!! (so waiting for a mini to pop will take ages if there 3 modes!)
    THERE ARE LOTS OF BIG MMO PVP GUILDS OUT THERE BUT WE WILL NEVER SEE THEM UNLESS AOC REMOVES GRIND FROM PVP AND ADDS MORE COMPETITION
    KEEP THE GRIND TO PVE!!!!! REMOVE IT FROM PVP

Why did the GD only say buffing T3 melee weapons? all the pvp weapons need a buff!! pvp5 pvp8 pvp10 Christ even that world boss is spewing out weapons better than PVP8

Meh lets see what they bring to TL
    Last edited by ViolentLeonidas; 10th January 2014 at 12:54.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast