Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who likes and who don't like PVP here? Give reason(s)

Default Who likes and who don't like PVP here? Give reason(s)

Just wonder why would someone like or not PVP here?

Like:......
    Don't like:.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hexis View Post

I'd have to say that my views only pertains to open-world PvP, as minigames are the gaming equivalent of watching a 9-hour back-to-back session of knitting-TV.

Like: The added thrill of hunting people (and being hunted).

Don't like: Lack of reason to punch someones face in, apart from the "because I can"-mindset, of course (i.e. give me something to fight for and over), and the absolutely IDIOTIC power-differential between a new player and a Vet in terms of PvP-levels. Add in the community (or the lack of one), and you're close to my feelings about it.
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

Like: It is the only reason to play an mmo for me. The targets adapt and are smart unlike in pve. I like the brilliant combo system and the variety of classes in aoc. AOC pvp feels more substantial then in many other games.

Dislike: Massive gear gap that turns away new and old players. PVE gear being better than PVP. FC slowing and dumbing down pvp. More than any of these the one thing I dislike most is that FC has no idea how important it is and was to AOC's success
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Like : Instant action, have just to sign up for this. I like PvP armor design (mostly).

Dislike : The rest.

Like : i like to kill, kill and do objective

DISLIKE, Craig morrisson
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Hexis View Post

I like PVP because I find it:

Fun to engage in PvP with other people in RL
    Its suprising and keeps you on your guard
    It encourages rivalry and competitveness
    It encourages people to group together to to accompish things

I dont like PVP because I find that:

People will expoit something chronic for there advantage ( weather it be guards, cheats, 3rd part apps ETC )and still consider themselves gods
    People pad and duel / quad accounts for positive KDR
    The amount of real life rage and own personal issues people have when they loose - there is always always an exceuse which is pathetic and bad sportsman ship - if you lost you lost you might just be not very good and need advice
    I dont like this - Example: I kill you, you die - then comes a million /tells telling me why you died when I could not care less) I like it that I can be ganked or killed or be the killer or whatever whenever because it adds the element of suprise.
    Last edited by Zero0; 1st December 2013 at 11:01.

Like :
    -Game mechanics are great and using them against a human make them more interesting.
    -Teamplay, everybody has a different role and you have to cooperate. Plus it's less repetitive than pve.
    -Fast paced
    -Taking best possible fatality screenshots (I have thousands I've almost never watched again ^^)

Dislike :
    -Poor little newcomers and balance issue about gear (and some feats)
    -Linebreaker
    -Stagger
    -Few possibilities (almost none actually) to use vanity gear. Cause I'm special and want to show it
    Last edited by Religolibri; 2nd December 2013 at 05:24.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

like : Vehl PvP events !!

Dislike : You cant sign mini with friends its always pugstyle or do a premade that takes ages to set- up

The ****ed up balance you get when in a pug

The PvP gear T3 completly useless against T4 gear ... give same Tier for PvP

Siege's still lagging as hell just not funn

Do only occasional PVP on AoC, but my points generally apply to PVP in other games as well.

I like PVP because :

- It require awareness and skill
    - The ever changing behavior of foes. Less pattern than PVE

I dont like PVP because :

- The fact that people are so much in competition that some players might feel the urge to exploit the game or cheat to win, basically ruining the game for the others
    - Some PVP'er. There's equally dumb people both in PVE and PVP, but they're generally much more vocal in PVP, especially because they can really impact the game negatively. A dumbass in PVE, you can just put it in ignore and that's pretty much it. In PVP he can ruin minis and overall game more easily.
    - Unbalance is much more striking and meaningful in PVP than PVE
    - The fact that you can't really take a break from it if you're on a PVP server. Sometime I just don't want to do it, that's why I play on PVE. But then I'm like "Crap, I'm missing some great open-world PVP". But if my toon is on a PVP server, I generally regret it because half of the time, I don't feel like I want to be battle ready when I do some random leveling quest.

I guess I'm not PVP-oriented enough to like it fully.
    Last edited by Jaedelyia; 4th December 2013 at 19:37.

LIKE :
    -
    Finding exploits and griefing people when they think they're safe.

Making people RAGE in global and PMs when I tell them how much they suck and if they need help I can teach them how to play their toon.

Open-world ganking lowbies while they try to quest ... They call their buddies and they too get spanked.

Fighting the same people over and over again; lol to getting them mad.

DISLIKE :
    -
    Minis in tournament mode where you can play with friends. Kids-Gloves = no fun.

A little too fast paced ~ combos are a bit complicated for rogue classes .
    Last edited by Mustaine; 4th December 2013 at 20:54.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast