Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: PLEASE adjust Stall the Advance in PvP

Default PLEASE adjust Stall the Advance in PvP

It's so annoying doing two instant-cast spells that do maybe 1,000 damage total to a Guardian and getting hit back for 300-400 10+ times at once.
    Sookil's Stall the Advance hits you for 305 slashing damage.

Literally twelve 305 damage retaliatory hits from Shock and Hellfire Stream alone. It hits back once for each damage proc from spell or full combo and once each debuff applied PER Stall the Advance buff up, which is why Sins get destroyed by it when they use Grim Corruption which applies like 4 debuffs at once. If a Guardian has 3 StA buffs up that's an instant 12 procs from debuffs and 3 from damage, so ~300x15 instantly without having to land a combo or do anything besides get hit with the buff up. It's the same for Demos, where each instant cast applies a protection debuff and Hellfire Stream applies Incinerate as well (which hits you back for adding the "incinerate" debuff and also the damage that incinerate does immediately [which is like 15]) and Soul Resonance from Shock.

If there were simply a limit to how many retaliatory attacks could be done per second it would go a VERY long way to making this ability far more balanced and less rage-inducing.
    Last edited by Balacai; 17th March 2013 at 11:35.

My big issue with this would be how it would be effected in PVE. Guardians are currently in their present state not exactly top dog in the hate department. By nerfing Stall the Advance, the class would become just that much weaker.

They don't need to nerf it in pve. It just needs to be made so that each charge can only proc once (it's usually the case when I use it in pve, and it still generates tons of hate). Only in pvp against some classes have I seen this retarded ( bugged?) behaviour. So IMO they can safely fix it without breaking pve.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsader View Post
    My big issue with this would be how it would be effected in PVE. Guardians are currently in their present state not exactly top dog in the hate department. By nerfing Stall the Advance, the class would become just that much weaker.
    The thread maker is talking about pvp, not pve, funcom can rework it somehow to still be as useful as it is now for pve, but in pvp it's totaly op shiat, funcom should consider nerfing it abit :>

sta is a lifesaver when guard tanking 2 or more adds at the same time , it should work like present, if sta only procs 3 times, it is not a gold perk anymore.
    and I don't think funcom can adjust an ability for only pve or pvp side due to coding problem.
    Plz don't make the perks of guardian all trash.
    Last edited by henryabccba; 17th March 2013 at 14:25.

Quote Originally Posted by henryabccba View Post
    sta is a lifesaver when guard tanking 2 or more adds at the same time , it should work like present, if sta only procs 3 times, it is not a gold perk anymore.
    and I don't think funcom can adjust an ability for only pve or pvp side due to coding problem.
    Plz don't make the perks of guardian all trash.
    You used to PI spam to 1 shot, lol.

And now PI is a complete waste of AA since it's been nerfed stupidly :P Ah well, plenty of things wrong with Guard's AA anyway. STA is the only gold perk worth mentioning atm. But it's retarded in PVP (though dropping CW for this is sad IMO) which is exactly why I only use it in PVE. And yeah, it's really great in PVE. It's like a semi-bubble that generates tons of aggro.
    Last edited by kalston; 17th March 2013 at 16:53.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

If anything guards need a buff or at the very least a second look on how to better fit them into a role. As of now there is absolutely no reason to take a guard into a raid short of possibly emperor. This needs to be corrected.

"Literally twelve 305 damage retaliatory hits from Shock and Hellfire Stream alone."

Tip: Don't do that when it is up !

Decent Guards on Set are a precious commodity indeed.

I don't play a guard, I play a DT, but man o man would I love to see more good guards.

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast