Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Balacai's YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Baasar View Post
    that's what I was talking about, we did a few premades with you guys. was fun. we had me and xatries pvp 3 shammy, double bear not as good as it used to be. tried to get passiax to help us out, buthe wasn't having it lol.
    pom is too op to leave out of a premade, so double shammy is not the go

i still however think a bear is best, id say somthing like this would be perfect

Guard
    Conqy
    ranger
    Demo
    Bear
    pom

or maybe

DT
    conq
    barb
    demo
    pom
    bear

Barb and dt work well together, but i wouldnt run a dt with a ranger. Conq is a must, shits op. demo is the best caster for premades, especially if its anatu. Also, the barb has to be a good barb, not one of these eu pvp 10 ones going 2-15.

this would work too

conq - carnage ( bt/assail)
    conq - brute 600 bubbles
    conq - carnage with BFC and defiance
    conq - Brute with BC/annialate/BFC and 21 gen ( dps brute )
    bear - full support
    pom - div/gen
    Last edited by GeldourConq; 24th June 2014 at 12:28.

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    conq - carnage ( bt/assail)
    conq - brute 600 bubbles
    conq - carnage with BFC and defiance
    conq - Brute with BC/annialate/BFC and 21 gen ( dps brute )
    bear - full support
    pom - div/gen
    lacks cc power and cc breaks

barbs are quality toons in premades

pom is too op to leave out of a premade, so double shammy is not the go
    I know this. We didn't have a choice. No poms on. Tried to get passiax to help us out. But all we had was me and pvp 3 bs. Kinda rough going against mains if you know what I mean :P.
    Last edited by Baasar; 24th June 2014 at 13:07.
    Baadsar New Bear
    Badsar New Carnage Conq
    Bruhski New DT

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Care Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Baasar View Post
    that's what I was talking about, we did a few premades with you guys. was fun. we had me and xatries pvp 3 shammy, double bear not as good as it used to be. tried to get passiax to help us out, buthe wasn't having it lol.
    Trust me, double bear can be terrifying in group pvp with the right players and they can't obviously be PVP 3 lol

I won't say why or how, because I am not interested in seeing it used against any of our premades if 2 decent BS's play, but let can be worst then 2 poms, but it requires teamwork

Quote Originally Posted by iCannon View Post
    I was there earlier before you arrived, got a bunch of pvp event quests finished.

Did you play in any of the premade against carnage yet ? If not you should get Balacry to take you in and show you the ropes. I think you would be an asset to the team as time passes.

Ps balacry - don't take the trolling so seriously, I was pulling your leg last night to get you going. I actually enjoyed playing with you but I am glad you left because there really is no competition on this server and hopefully you can build some guild morale in LAW.

Just keep off my sin with your guard, I hate that class with a passion.
    Haha I know man, I don't mind the trolling myself at all, I just feel bad for the rest of the server who get so buttsore about it.

And yeah, I'm hoping we can get more premades going now. We did 4 yesterday which is awesome. Will probably get some more over the next few days.

Barb and dt work well together, but i wouldnt run a dt with a ranger. Conq is a must, shits op. demo is the best caster for premades, especially if its anatu. Also, the barb has to be a good barb, not one of these eu pvp 10 ones going 2-15.
    EU side used to have a good barbs...no idea where they are now...ah, I was OP on barb (seriously now, good zerkker barb is hard to find at all, mostly everyone is running reaver/zerkker which I dont like).

About pre setups, I played tons of half premades (max 3 players) and as melees we were eating everything - conq (old one), BS a and barb/sin...in CS times...I want those times back...ah yeah and important was, Gankosaurus as BS -> WIN

Quote Originally Posted by -Hyen- View Post
    EU side used to have a good barbs...no idea where they are now...ah, I was OP on barb (seriously now, good zerkker barb is hard to find at all, mostly everyone is running reaver/zerkker which I dont like).

About pre setups, I played tons of half premades (max 3 players) and as melees we were eating everything - conq (old one), BS a and barb/sin...in CS times...I want those times back...ah yeah and important was, Gankosaurus as BS -> WIN
    Saint is still good on his Barb (Claret).

I agree that the zerker/reaver hybrid spec is gimp, but it can work in pugs and people just tend to ignorantly accept whatever works for others. In a decently balanced match, full zerker/general is going to be MUCH better than hybrid.

It's 100% the player that makes the class in competitive PvP. You can compare classes all day long in pugs, but any class can top kills in pugs, if the player is good or if the pug is worse than the player. Tekhan can top kills in pugs sometimes because he SW's in a corner and people ignore him or just attack him without CCing and die before he does. It's the most retard-proof strategy ever, and it actually works when there's nobody good against him.

We did a premade today and Saint would be on the guy I called instantly. I haven't really seen that in premades since I've been playing again, and it's such a huge difference. It's just target priority and situational awareness, and even in pugs it'll make you top kills if you want to.

edit: TBH that's why players who are considered great do terrible in competitive or balanced PvP, because they play stupid DPS specs and overextend thinking they can get away with it.

i deleted my barb so that i could unlock a different toon instead of resubbing lol :/ had a yellow tiger and all

Quote Originally Posted by Balacai View Post
    Saint is still good on his Barb (Claret).

I agree that the zerker/reaver hybrid spec is gimp, but it can work in pugs and people just tend to ignorantly accept whatever works for others. In a decently balanced match, full zerker/general is going to be MUCH better than hybrid.

It's 100% the player that makes the class in competitive PvP. You can compare classes all day long in pugs, but any class can top kills in pugs, if the player is good or if the pug is worse than the player. Tekhan can top kills in pugs sometimes because he SW's in a corner and people ignore him or just attack him without CCing and die before he does. It's the most retard-proof strategy ever, and it actually works when there's nobody good against him.

We did a premade today and Saint would be on the guy I called instantly. I haven't really seen that in premades since I've been playing again, and it's such a huge difference. It's just target priority and situational awareness, and even in pugs it'll make you top kills if you want to.

edit: TBH that's why players who are considered great do terrible in competitive or balanced PvP, because they play stupid DPS specs and overextend thinking they can get away with it.
    You mean players like Boyaka? Who is a pug hero but the last guy you want to take in to a premade? I agree. Claret did well in that premade but I know Jich was also lagging the entire game which screwed us on CC locks. But it was fun either way

Quote Originally Posted by iCannon View Post
    You mean players like Boyaka? Who is a pug hero but the last guy you want to take in to a premade? I agree. Claret did well in that premade but I know Jich was also lagging the entire game which screwed us on CC locks. But it was fun either way
    Yeah, definitely been enjoying the premades daily. I don't mind losing, I'm just glad they're happening, and we're getting more and more good players interested and back into the game/playing at that time. A lot are European so they aren't normally on at like 8pm EST.

Next few days I won't be on at that time, though. I'll be on at like 10pm EST the earliest. Hopefully we can still get some going, though.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast