Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Sidar's DT guide

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    yeah, didn´t count summoning .. the thing is, that it still hits its target even in the fadeout animation, so it should be still tanking for that second or so (tested it on g. city straw man, so I can´t tell if it does)

btw I´m also using Manual of Minion Manipulation (250 esteem tokens) for better DS control
    Yes i was so happy when they brought that to the game i cried about it for so long

Default sticky

make this tread sticky, i followed it and after one day i got the best dt in the game

acculy must be one of the best guides i seen so far on forums

I was fighting with need to disagree with OP since it's his name signed guide but I've lost.

There is 3 things are hardly improper:
    - saying DT does nothing before gear and VOM is pure lie - I've tank with DT every boss in vanila AoC (including Thoth-Amon) not using khitai gear or VoM. It's possible, even if require different playstyle and build. Something like that - http://goo.gl/c5EPM - when hitting 80lvl and DT won't be worse tank than conq or guard at same point

Two more are linked with multispecs. We have such thing. Having one tank build is stupid. I know, one may wants to have dps and pvp too, but noone said tanking is cheap stuff.
    - Dark hand - it's not 'ever feat it' stuff. It's usefull. And in physical spec when Improved CoI is useless there is no better feat to put points in.
    - As I said multispec. So instead of keeping Iron and Stone skin in one build - one should get build with stone skin, other with iron. + Sustained Rage or Improved Defensive Stance, depending on needs. Gives better dos or beter surv, Win-win. And only 5$/€

PS. Death's Ward isn't even 50% as good as people think it is. One want to stick to 2x dps ring in most cases.
    Last edited by bogus; 23rd March 2013 at 22:15. Reason: ps
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    - saying DT does nothing before gear and VOM is pure lie - I've tank with DT every boss in vanila AoC (including Thoth-Amon) not using khitai gear or VoM. It's possible, even if require different playstyle and build. Something like that - http://goo.gl/c5EPM - when hitting 80lvl and DT won't be worse tank than conq or guard at same point
    When I make a statement like ''DT does nothing b4 gear'' Im taking current environment into consideration, go try and tank nowadays with t2 gear and tell me how fun it is. I did not Say DT cant be played, I didnt say it is impossible. I stated it does poorly compared.

You dont even wanna get into teamplay possibilities and performance on DT regarding perks everything VS VOM, again, Im not saying it isnt possible, Im just making a statement on how it works better for me.

Two more are linked with multispecs. We have such thing. Having one tank build is stupid. I know, one may wants to have dps and pvp too, but noone said tanking is cheap stuff.
    - As I said multispec. So instead of keeping Iron and Stone skin in one build - one should get build with stone skin, other with iron. + Sustained Rage or Improved Defensive Stance, depending on needs. Gives better dos or beter surv, Win-win. And only 5$/€
    I clearly wrote on guide that you can adust specc to especialize on task at hand. If yo do it or not[can afford] Its up to each of us.
    I really dislike changing specc's when running HM's.

PS. Death's Ward isn't even 50% as good as people think it is. One want to stick to 2x dps ring in most cases.
    - Dark hand - it's not 'ever feat it' stuff. It's usefull. And in physical spec when Improved CoI is useless there is no better feat to put points in.
    I was fighting with need to disagree with OP since it's his name signed guide but I've lost.
    I dont like Dark hand, Never did, I know the numbers are good, I know it is usefull, I actually wrote them (dunno if you actually read everything), there are different things to specc, and I just happen to like those more.
    Death ward Has IMO, the perfect combination of defensive stats. what ppl equip is what suits their taste, ring is good regardless.

If I make a general guide everyone comes flood with critics and opinions and ZERO constructivism, like previous post. So this is why I put my name on the guide, It reflects my opinion and NOT the general consensus of the DT community.

I dont wanna do Debates over gear and opinions and whatever,
    I surely didnt start topic to debate how much you disagree with them.
    I wrote mine down to share and be of help, gogo write yours.
    Go read 2nd line of my Intro.
    Last edited by Sidar; 24th March 2013 at 14:12.

Saying something reflects your view have nothing with some things being truth or not.

It's why I didn't really negate anypoint of your guide beside 1 false statement and quite huge lack what comes with not mentioning multispec. Both has nothing with personal taste. You may not like playing without VoM or swap builds, but guide shouldn't mislead.

I've enjoy reading it, it's great thing to start with, even if I not agree with some points there.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Thumbs up

Hi Sidar,

I'm a returning player and a new DT. I find your guide most useful and have been checking for updates ever since you postet it here.

Don't be discouraged and I hope you find the time to finish this awsome guide. I'd be especially interested in the AA section and hear more about rotations and use of the freakin' lot of special abilities / spells.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Selescion View Post
    Hi Sidar,

I'm a returning player and a new DT. I find your guide most useful and have been checking for updates ever since you postet it here.

Don't be discouraged and I hope you find the time to finish this awsome guide. I'd be especially interested in the AA section and hear more about rotations and use of the freakin' lot of special abilities / spells.

Cheers!
    Your words of encouragement fuel me. I shall començe the work on AA's now sir

Default without VoM

Thanks for this guide. Much is known for me - some things are new ... most of all, the guide helps new DT's.

I don't like, what FC did with the DT and VoM. I started playing DT in early 2009 and I loved the role of the underdog before DT was changed. Now everybody is playing DT with VoM. Everybody is skilling equal. Everbody is looking for dps, dps, dps with tanking skill.

So I started playing without it. It's hard to find alternativ skills for VoM - so I have the question ... maybe usefull discussion ... what alternativ perks are useable instead of VoM?

Problem for me is - I dont have 5 points in crimson succer, deathlord or the other feats. And so I don't really know where to spent points next.

Has anyone experience with the alternative skills?
    Last edited by Argaron; 25th March 2013 at 09:53.
    KlingenBruderschaft

Thank you for the Guide it is a good base to start playing, even if everyone eventually modify spec and equipment, it is very usefull to have a guide like this to start not completely lost.

Keep it up I would also like to hear about the AA part as the points are expensive and I dont want to waste them !

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Argaron View Post
    So I started playing without it. It's hard to find alternativ skills for VoM - so I have the question ... maybe usefull discussion ... what alternativ perks are useable instead of VoM?
    Has anyone experience with the alternative skills?
    Theres limited choices when it comes to alternatives to VoM since it is a gold perk. If I'm not mistaken you only have 2 or 3 other choices. I believe the other somewhat usable gold perk is scarab knight altho not close to VoM.

About AA's I would say go for the protection perks, chromatic warding, decisive strikes and of course VoM. Then go for Resolve, rear guard and other useful situational perks. If pvp is your thing I guess some of the anti CC perks would be nice to get early.

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast