Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Sidar's DT guide

Are now almost full tier 4 and i think it time i chuck dread away.

Anyone have a good tanking build for DT? dont need dread anymore i feel, but i could use better agro.
    Moderated by SciIti : please, not this sort of joke, thank you

Toons: Darthpowie, Powie, Lynvingeen, Zummigummi and friends <3

Quote Originally Posted by mrhood View Post
    Are now almost full tier 4 and i think it time i chuck dread away.

Anyone have a good tanking build for DT? dont need dread anymore i feel, but i could use better agro.
    Some fights is a great advantage to have dread, like taking Target/Trailing on Sheng, and some other fights you can not effectively trade agro except Goad if you are full blood Desecration.

With current gear on Shaxtina, I get up to 53% protection and 57% mitigation with this build, in Arms of course.

http://goo.gl/zhqQOF

But I miss Seal of Chaos, Mind Shatter and shorter cooldown of Blood Pact.

Keep in mind that the Dread Shadow puts a Spiritual Ruin on the mob that it attacks, which only PoM can cast as well, with Avert Thine Eyes.

However if you can't generate enough agro with a build like this: http://goo.gl/AF9rd4 (put last 5 in armor/prot accordingly to what you need) then something else is very wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Some fights is a great advantage to have dread, like taking Target/Trailing on Sheng, and some other fights you can not effectively trade agro except Goad if you are full blood Desecration.

With current gear on Shaxtina, I get up to 53% protection and 57% mitigation with this build, in Arms of course.

http://goo.gl/zhqQOF

But I miss Seal of Chaos, Mind Shatter and shorter cooldown of Blood Pact.

Keep in mind that the Dread Shadow puts a Spiritual Ruin on the mob that it attacks, which only PoM can cast as well, with Avert Thine Eyes.

However if you can't generate enough agro with a build like this: http://goo.gl/AF9rd4 (put last 5 in armor/prot accordingly to what you need) then something else is very wrong...
    Thanks M8.
    I tried the lower build and is fine, but very close to my old build.
    Gonna try the tali one top one tonight.

What about gear. I want to uppgrade with best necklace for dt. Which one is recommended. Atm i use the t3 wisdom nec and the t3 protection nec, but none are optimal.
    Moderated by SciIti : please, not this sort of joke, thank you

Toons: Darthpowie, Powie, Lynvingeen, Zummigummi and friends <3

T3 wisdom necklace is good. It has constitution compared to the Wolves faction necklace. I'd stick with that. Mitigation wise, you have good blue necklaces that drop from AoK Unchained and Ai District. Not a big fan of the T4 necklaces.

You don't need both armor and protection in general in one build unless you are bored to switch or don't have enough specc slots.Set's perversion(t3) and t4 tank necklace are both quite good ,wisdom stuff are good for certain encounters but wouldn't be my choice for most of content unless hitting certain mitigation caps .Other than that as a tali build you play first time the first 5 points in depravity for the extra tap or at least the first one would make it a bit easier until you are used to it but it surely works without them in good enough gear.

Yeah, but also keep in mind that without any wisdom gear, the mana will be at 2500'ish and Pact of Malacodor + Soul Barrier/Ritualistic Bloodshed gonna drain it quickly. Mana = extra life, more or less.

Wisdom gear is so terrible.
    ╔═╗╦╗╦╗╔╦╦╕╔╗╔╗╔
    ╟═╢╟╢╟╢╫──╢╟╢╟╬╢
    ╨└╨╨╜╨╜╙╜─╨╙╜╨╙╜

Quote Originally Posted by lsRslgeNius View Post
    Yeah, it's not always the best choice, but as I said, it's mostly for increasing mana pool. But again, most gear on DT is situational, depending on both encounter and group members. Above 55% mitigation and I'll in most cases rather take the T4 wisdom ring with +90 magic damage and +450 mana than having two strength rings. Lots of taps on a DT is from magic damage so even though the coefficient is crap, it's boosted enough by VoM.. But depends on the player and team and encounter whats best. At least in a DS build, I like having a bit more mana as a safety net since both Soul Barrier and Pact of Malacodor is using mana, and you'd want enough for spawning the DS when you need it. A DT should go for strength gear first, and then supply with a few bits of wisdom accessories down the road.. But hey, a player takes trash when he can, right? No need to pass on a T3 wisdom neck if he can get it. It is quite good for it's purposes.

I can think of a million reasons to have more than the given 5 feat trees as I find myself wanting 10 or 20 builds to exploit strengths and weaknesses in myself (player skill, gear holes, team-mate pros/cons) or the targets/bosses, and here I am asking how many builds you use, or find yourself wanting for your DT.

With talisman, I find myself wanting almost double (hence the 20 =P) the feats per boss. I personally dont mind swapping gear as I like optimal fights for 'just in case's. Makes the old **** bearable.

So, how many builds do you use, do you have, and want if you were to play all types of content (be reasonable, lets start from the L80 Crows Nest which is a fair crowd-control/watch your taunts zone)

Quote Originally Posted by lsRslgeNius View Post
    Genius is terrible. Just sayin'. <3