Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Sidar's DT guide

Quote Originally Posted by Sbyvoj View Post
    This guide has for me one little problem.

PvE build => 1/5 Ether Reap
    PvP build => 1/5 or 4/5 Ether Reap

Both are mistake for me.

5/5 Ether Reap is necessary to PvP and PvE (tank build) for me
    ye mana regen is quite nice. but we gotta adjust to needs. i dont have that 'big needs for the mana'' and the increase on the dot is minimal, I rather get drain up faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidar View Post
    ye mana regen is quite nice. but we gotta adjust to needs. i dont have that 'big needs for the mana'' and the increase on the dot is minimal, I rather get drain up faster.
    Sorry mate, but do you know mechanic this feat? MB => 6s effect => dmg (all combos) = insane mana increase?

PvP = 5/5
    PvE = your choice

Quote Originally Posted by Sbyvoj View Post
    Sorry mate, but do you know mechanic this feat? MB => 6s effect => dmg (all combos) = insane mana increase?

PvP = 5/5
    PvE = your choice
    I don't need 5/5 for PvE either tbh. If I run out of mana I just turn off barrier for few second to regain back but it only happens on bosses that dots or hit often like Sheng, tiger boss (whatever it's called) on Zodiac or Brothers in T3. Basically it's waste of 4 points for me.
    Last edited by nedbee; 23rd May 2013 at 07:42.
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

Quote Originally Posted by Sidar View Post
    Please restrain yourself from staining my thread with your wisdom. There is plenty of that humour all over test-live.
    I'm quite never makin jokes in a class section. Searchin a specific parser on nerfed Zodiac to show some stuff

Oh and, wrong name of combo, meant Brutal Enraging Wound 1

Edit :

so.

Time in combat : 10.12 mins
    Overall DPS : 2475.26
    Damage Done : 1.514.860
    Highest Burst Dmg : 35.949

- stuff -

BFA IV : 33.334
    Brutal Enraging Wound I : 26.400

(the average dmg done by each combo on each of the 4 bosses)

Aaaaaw. My bad. More like 7k, but then again, on 2 out of 4 bosses, BFA IV is behind Brutal Enraging.

Can of course, send the parse.

Don't think I've read it all but, the DT DPS part is very situationnal and can't be reduced to one formal rotation or set of gear, given that some passive stuff done by other classes, for example Resonnance, will make your dps go skyhigh (and also the only way to reach 6.5 - 7k dps on some bosses / trashes that doesnt have any mitigation at all. Best example for that is the Bat in Temple, when shield is dropped, or just trashes in TAS when you re toyin around with full SC gear and magic damage cloak from AI district - wisdom rings - SC / T3.5 / T4 tali and of course, profitin of resonnance) on some bosses, while on others its a completely different set of gear that have to be used with a completely different rotation, not to say buffs to profit of.

My point : your pov is valid, but you can totally have a much higher DPS by usin your class differently.

It's all about profitin of all your procs at once while doin a quick and super painfull rotation, which got a really high sustained damage, while doin the least white hits possible.
    Last edited by Sygmaelle; 23rd May 2013 at 16:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmaelle View Post

- stuff -

BFA IV : 33.334
    Brutal Enraging Wound I : 26.400

(the average dmg done by each combo on each of the 4 bosses)

Aaaaaw. My bad. More like 7k, but then again, on 2 out of 4 bosses, BFA IV is behind Brutal Enraging.
    Ok so here is the deal.

First off, I dont have a Single Fixed rotation of anything in this guide, I encourage players to try everything out. If that is what you mean by using your class differently.

Secondly that is NOT how you measure DPS at all.

you are posting total damage values, this is irrelevant.

following your logic I go and make a parser where slam will have higher damage then dooming presence, by just using slam alot more often.

For DPS you need total damage/time = dps AND you gotta take into account the attacks count aswell. The parser will do this for you, you can check the little bottom thing.

I wont be posting extensive values but ill give you my conclusions.

EW1 and BEW1 critical % on the parser need to be multiplied always x2 because of their non crit dot.
    EW1 Is roughly the same DPS as BFA3 always lower then BFA4
    EW1 is always higher DPS then BEW1 because the dot has a higher value.
    Any BFA combo will generate 20%+ more vom stacks then any other combo.(desecrated blood)

In conclusion

Bfa3 is better then EW1 because it has sligtly higher DPS on a longer combo with shorter CD and has a crits diference of +-25% versus +-15%, this is a difference of 36% more vom stacks. And that make your overall DPS much much higher.

Like I say on the guide I tried alot of combos(really) Bfa3 and Bfa4 (with ocasional DP) is the top DPS I could achieve, and sure on a specific situations, under different Circumstances you will get different values.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidar
    Please restrain yourself from staining my thread with your wisdom. There is plenty of that humour all over test-live.
    Last edited by Sidar; 24th May 2013 at 12:00.

as tank-DT these "dps values" from different low Level combos are really of no interest since high level combos have much higher aggro component on them!

If you use BEW1 in your tank rotation you will fail!

If you are considering these combos as a dps dt you will fail too because only valid rotation is SFOF->BFA with some hexes every 10 sec. (really noobfriendly ^^)

SO the dps part of your dicussed Combos or the discussion wich combo of them does more damage is really useless

so long

Ghola
    Last edited by Ghola; 27th May 2013 at 17:25.

How does wisdom affect a DT's magic damage? Can't it only affect the DT's mana regen, mana amount, protection against holy and unholy damage?

with the regular 0.6*wisdom=magic dmg

Quote Originally Posted by Mantic0r3 View Post
    with the regular 0.6*wisdom=magic dmg
    Well it says in the tab that it affects ToS, PoM and BS but only when it mentions magic damage so I assumed it doesn't affect other classes.

it does as u can see when u put on some wisdom in the magic dmg tab [p]

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast