Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Sidar's DT guide

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenarie76 View Post
    Simple Question.
    Ibis or T4 Sword?
    Always get an Ibis first, then if you are in a T4 raiding guild, pray to the RNG gods to give you a T4 sword someday.

when you talk about tanking with the pijama. What do you mean exactly?
    Using chest of SC instead of tigers one?

Simple Question.
    Ibis or T4 Sword?
    One of my guild mates observed that in a typical tri-brid build for tanking both were about similar in DPS against a strawman. However, in a desecration heavy build, T4 comes out ahead. Not surprising that +magic damage becomes more important the deeper into desecration you go.
    Malaise-DT, Tabixis-Guard, Cocobel-Sin, Elari-ToS (pvp 4), Orsela-PoM, Aarva-BS (pvp 7)

Simple Question.
    Ibis or T4 Sword?
    Simple answer, ibis for pvp and T4 for pve, sometimes ibis might be better for pve though, but in general T4>ibis for pve and ibis>T4 for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Allandir View Post
    Simple answer, ibis for pvp and T4 for pve, sometimes ibis might be better for pve though, but in general T4>ibis for pve and ibis>T4 for pvp.
    Haha why such dolny?

I might make fool of myself given there is a lot of "ibis fanboys" around.

Given the small magic damage coefficients of the DT spell effects it does not pay well to drop 1% hate for 40 MD. Blossoming Death (if you can stand the *thump* *thump* sound when you hit mobs) has very good value for a tanking DT given it has Strength, Hit rating and Hate increase, which the Ibis does not have.

The Ibis has 81 crit rating while gemmed, which is 25 more than Blossoming Death. 25 Crit rating equals 0,68%. Ibis has 116,3 dps + 198 combat rating (cold, electric, holy - not affected by the same debuffs even...), equals 5,4 dps = 121,7 dps.

85 strength equals 255 combat rating. Add the 104 already on the weapon, gets 359 combat rating total. 110,8 dps + 9,8 dps equals 120,6 dps. And 170 armor. Would you trade 25 crit rating and 1,1 dps (some from elemental cr, some from spritual cr) for that strength, hit and hate increase? Not me. At least not for 500G.

The two remaining gems you can put into Ibis is mostly Bels Mirth and Divine Benediction. Now.. Divine Benediction is nice enough if you have the right VoM stacks going. But Bels Mirth is highly situational, you have to fight someone that has protection to lose. If the target you fight has negative protection like some mobs, or extremely high, it won't matter very much. Spell Penetration needs to be able to remove protection before it can work, and you can not remove something that is not there to begin with. 23 magic damage? Well.. Just add that to the 0,25 coefficient of CoA or the 0,05 coefficient of Pact of Malacodor. Not gonna show a lot on numbers is it... 23x0,05 is.. 1,15 extra damage on Pact of Malacodor!

If you have T4 sword, use it. It is the best one. Blossoming Death is available to everyone playing the game. Ibis requires effort and farming and mats and crafting, or cash. And it is not in particular good for any class really. Adds a fair bit crit rating but thats the only positive *static* buff worthwhile, along with 40 health tap.

[QUOTE=Buyten;2047262]I might make fool of myself given there is a lot of "ibis fanboys" around.

Given the small magic damage coefficients of the DT spell effects it does not pay well to drop 1% hate for 40 MD. Blossoming Death (if you can stand the *thump* *thump* sound when you hit mobs) has very good value for a tanking DT given it has Strength, Hit rating and Hate increase, which the Ibis does not have.

The Ibis has 81 crit rating while gemmed, which is 25 more than Blossoming Death. 25 Crit rating equals 0,68%. Ibis has 116,3 dps + 198 combat rating (cold, electric, holy - not affected by the same debuffs even...), equals 5,4 dps = 121,7 dps.

85 strength equals 255 combat rating. Add the 104 already on the weapon, gets 359 combat rating total. 110,8 dps + 9,8 dps equals 120,6 dps. And 170 armor. Would you trade 25 crit rating and 1,1 dps (some from elemental cr, some from spritual cr) for that strength, hit and hate increase? Not me. At least not for 500G.

The two remaining gems you can put into Ibis is mostly Bels Mirth and Divine Benediction. Now.. Divine Benediction is nice enough if you have the right VoM stacks going. But Bels Mirth is highly situational, you have to fight someone that has protection to lose. If the target you fight has negative protection like some mobs, or extremely high, it won't matter very much. Spell Penetration needs to be able to remove protection before it can work, and you can not remove something that is not there to begin with. 23 magic damage? Well.. Just add that to the 0,25 coefficient of CoA or the 0,05 coefficient of Pact of Malacodor. Not gonna show a lot on numbers is it... 23x0,05 is.. 1,15 extra damage on Pact of Malacodor! S

If you have T4 sword, use it. It is the best one. Blossoming Death is available to everyone playing the game. Ibis requires effort and farming and mats and crafting, or cash. And it is not in particular good for any class really. Adds a fair bit crit rating but thats the only positive *static* buff worthwhile, along with 40 health tap.[/QUOTE
    You make the game sound like a 2nd job bro.just pick up a freaking sword and start killing
    Rage:GanksKahn pvp 8 Tos:fails at healing

Quote Originally Posted by GanksKahn View Post
    You make the game sound like a 2nd job bro.just pick up a freaking sword and start killing
    Why even bother to post this?
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    Why even bother to post this?
    Maybe he doesn't get that some people actually want to be good and not carried through raids or PvP. Which means they don't want to just pick up any random sword and start killing stuff (along with understanding your class and player skill naturally), they want to achieve the most they can from their toon so they put in effort to get the best possible gear to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Buyten View Post
    I might make fool of myself given there is a lot of "ibis fanboys" around.

The two remaining gems you can put into Ibis is mostly Bels Mirth and Divine Benediction. Now.. Divine Benediction is nice enough if you have the right VoM stacks going. But Bels Mirth is highly situational, you have to fight someone that has protection to lose. If the target you fight has negative protection like some mobs, or extremely high, it won't matter very much. Spell Penetration needs to be able to remove protection before it can work, and you can not remove something that is not there to begin with. 23 magic damage? Well.. Just add that to the 0,25 coefficient of CoA or the 0,05 coefficient of Pact of Malacodor. Not gonna show a lot on numbers is it... 23x0,05 is.. 1,15 extra damage on Pact of Malacodor!

If you have T4 sword, use it. It is the best one. Blossoming Death is available to everyone playing the game. Ibis requires effort and farming and mats and crafting, or cash. And it is not in particular good for any class really. Adds a fair bit crit rating but thats the only positive *static* buff worthwhile, along with 40 health tap.
    You have a point, but the coice will go down to personal preference. and time available in ibis case.

1.15 extra damage on each malacador proc calculated with Vom stacks and crits will probably be close to 5 dps, on PoM alone not to mention the Dps boost of everything else.

while bels mirt has in fact reduced usefullness in raid enviorments, let me tell you that spiritual debuffs are the least common, therefore closing a small gap.

You forgot to mention a couple of things about ibis, Its combat rating values are magic, and like Dt's feated combat rating values(unholy) they have good sinergy with bels and the overall DT's dmg type.

Also a advice to anyone reading, Im not saying that hate is irrelevant, however versus Crit its weak, There is no Situation where replacing crit for hate will benefit you ( unless you want less damage and threat) 1% hate dosent even come close to 1% crit. Crit has a exponential damage multiplier and till today I have not seen it slow down. keep that in mind with blossoming death.

Blossoming death is a decent weapon but I cant really stop looking at it as a Guard weapon tbh, Its just not offencive enuf to be DT's choice. If Ihad to pick a weapon from khitai it would probably it it tho.

Maybe ill Update the guide a little bit I been playing PoE and slacking way too much on AoC.