Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Sidar's DT guide

That depends fully on the build of the tank you would want to swap agro with, and if he is willing to let you swap with him.

Normally, I use Cloak of Wakening Nightmares, Tricksters Charm, Cang Jei's Smile, Watcher of the Den, Blossoming Death and Seal of Privilege. Armor is Last Legion hate parts in slots; head, wrist, shoulder, legs. Wolves in Belt and Boots. Tigers chest. T3, Dragon Spine or Tiger hands.

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    I'm thinking of going for the jiang-shi ring, BB ring and the AoK shield and maybe a tier wep for same critt but lots of constitution.
    Any ideas of other items i could get? Would i be able to swap with good tanks in this gear?
    Yes Jiang-shi ring has T4 level of crits but no strength (a.k.a. no extra armor and combat rating) so i wouldnt personally recommend it. I also dont like AoK shield that much for the same reason...no strength. I still believe that Essence of Courage is the best DT shield obtainable via K6 HMs.
    Last edited by Naerri; 4th November 2013 at 12:59.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

I'm currently gearing up my DT and saving AA's for VoM.

I've got a question regarding the choice of weapon. The guide states that the Blue Iron Hammer with Bel's Mirth can be better than most raid weapons.

My DT is currently using the Unholy Skullsplitter and it's been working ok for me. Aggro is not an issue when I'm with a group who knows to control their hatred against mobs.

Would I still see an increase of performance by using the Blue Iron Hammer? Or would I need more crit rating in general to make it worth it? I still haven't got VoM to exploit those crits.

The Bels Mirth gem adds the +1400 spell penetration for 12 seconds every minute. This can be during the first 12 seconds, or the last, highly unpredictable. You'd also need CoA, Shadow Hex, Sadistic Soul or Pact of Malacodor to proc and crit and rather as well have the +125% critical damage rating to gain a noticable amount of damage from it. And that is a lot of "if's".

Blue Iron Hammer is nice enough in a dps situation, but if you can, go and get the Blossoming Death, unless you got a lot of Gold to spare and get Ibis (pukes). The T3 sword is also very nice but not easy to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoeri View Post
    The Bels Mirth gem adds the +1400 spell penetration for 12 seconds every minute. This can be during the first 12 seconds, or the last, highly unpredictable. You'd also need CoA, Shadow Hex, Sadistic Soul or Pact of Malacodor to proc and crit and rather as well have the +125% critical damage rating to gain a noticable amount of damage from it. And that is a lot of "if's".

Blue Iron Hammer is nice enough in a dps situation, but if you can, go and get the Blossoming Death, unless you got a lot of Gold to spare and get Ibis (pukes). The T3 sword is also very nice but not easy to get.
    12 seconds 2 times per minute, making is 24 seconds per minute is they dont overlap, making it 40% of fight ull be ignoring 1400 protection from your target wich translates into ignoring roughly flat 20% mitigation, that pretty much means an increase of at least..

bah screw math.

I have a question for all DT experts here. So I notice DT have a lot of aggro problems. It's more like unreliable aggro hold, its hard to manage aggro switching. Also a lot of DT prefer hateful strikes feat to manage that.
    For me If there are guards with me in raid I need to switch aggro by taking my tali instead of shield and DPS like crazy until i get aggro and then guard has problem removing it from me.

For example on my Conq its really simple to switch aggro with other tanks but on DT you really need to struggle with aggro.

Are there any suggestions to this, cos I think that i'm doing something wrong.

Cos sometimes when i know that I gonna need to switch aggro a lot i even use Pressing and decisive strikes to hold good aggro.

In the end i must say its like you have too much aggro or too less. It's really hard to find the right amount. Cos if I look at my gear i have all khitai sets and some T4 and I can say I try it all. Cos sometimes when you see a tank dieing in raid and you need to take fast aggro, Force engage does not help it can be rly bad.

So any tips on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sidar View Post
    12 seconds 2 times per minute, making is 24 seconds per minute is they dont overlap, making it 40% of fight ull be ignoring 1400 protection from your target wich translates into ignoring roughly flat 20% mitigation, that pretty much means an increase of at least..

bah screw math.
    2 procs per minute, each last 7,5 seconds. In total 15 seconds every minute, or 25% of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Chegy4 View Post
    I have a question for all DT experts here. So I notice DT have a lot of aggro problems. It's more like unreliable aggro hold, its hard to manage aggro switching. Also a lot of DT prefer hateful strikes feat to manage that.
    For me If there are guards with me in raid I need to switch aggro by taking my tali instead of shield and DPS like crazy until i get aggro and then guard has problem removing it from me.

For example on my Conq its really simple to switch aggro with other tanks but on DT you really need to struggle with aggro.

Are there any suggestions to this, cos I think that i'm doing something wrong.

Cos sometimes when i know that I gonna need to switch aggro a lot i even use Pressing and decisive strikes to hold good aggro.

In the end i must say its like you have too much aggro or too less. It's really hard to find the right amount. Cos if I look at my gear i have all khitai sets and some T4 and I can say I try it all. Cos sometimes when you see a tank dieing in raid and you need to take fast aggro, Force engage does not help it can be rly bad.

So any tips on this?
    Yes that is indeed a problem with DT and especially if u go for tali tanking, as your aggro is highly dps dependent which is highly crit (aka luck) dependent it can lead to aggro switching issues, it gets easier when u tank with other dts in same spec and if nothing helps there are hardspots but feeling out how much aggro u currently have is an experience thing just try and try again until u get a feeling for it

Quote Originally Posted by Mantic0r3 View Post
    Yes that is indeed a problem with DT and especially if u go for tali tanking, as your aggro is highly dps dependent which is highly crit (aka luck) dependent it can lead to aggro switching issues, it gets easier when u tank with other dts in same spec and if nothing helps there are hardspots but feeling out how much aggro u currently have is an experience thing just try and try again until u get a feeling for it
    Thats why i hate when ppl say VOM need to be nerfed... Hell no xD
    DT need to have better aggro control... I think T4 has the best mix of stats for DT... Crit and Hate increase..

It's true about tanking with other dt... Makes tanking way lot easier... It's hard when I have conq or guard tanking with me...

How long does sacrifacial fury last, and how much % is the buff?