Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Sidar's DT guide

Get back into the game and get in touch with the class again.

Comparing e-peen on what used to be or not the best way to play DT will not help newbies, for whom this thread is made.

I don't know about Brutal Enraging Strike 1. Not that you are doing bad DPS (it seems very impressive), but you're still 500 DPS behind a parse I have in front of me right now from a DT in our guild (2964.47 DPS, 9:56 duration, tanking it solo in defensive stance).

Also on this fight total damage means diddly, everyone should be running selective parsing on Zodiac. Who gives a crap what you do when pumping out AOE over symbols that can't be killed to inflate your numbers.
    Last edited by Boesch; 28th May 2013 at 12:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    To add to the list of things that DT's do so well on:

Almost every fight in T3
    Every fight in T2
    Everyfight in T1
    Every single boss in Khitai.

Yep, definitely a T4 issue and not a DT issue
    I don't want to detract the thread from the topic but I can' resist^^

In T3 the situation is different since most fight-mechanics require a group of tanks for the bosses and I can't recall having issues getting aggro from a DT with my Guard which is in T4 just impossible except the two bosses mentioned above.
    T1 and T2 well ... of course a DT can tank these raids but the aggro potential among the tanks is way better balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Get back into the game and get in touch with the class again.

Comparing e-peen on what used to be or not the best way to play DT will not help newbies, for whom this thread is made.
    I'm in the game, and was on TL.

Im just not sayin "hey its wrong", because that guide is actually a golden mine of truelly usefull stuff

And it's not epeen either, guess I'll write some things, sorry for appearing like you know, a douche. Not my intention

Who gives a crap what you do when pumping out AOE over symbols that can't be killed to inflate your numbers.
    Absolutely right sir, between 1500 - 1900 depending of the boss. Boss only, not the symbol close to it.

I remember someone sayin that he could tank the whole thing by doin 1600 dps, never saw the parse tho
    Last edited by Sygmaelle; 28th May 2013 at 13:08.

u can solo tank zodi with dt pretty easily best case u have someone to position the boss for u and tank first few sec when u build up buffs and then u tank the other 95% ^^

u dont even need 1.6k dps i think i did it with ~1.2k overall dps obviously it gets easier with more dps (if u keep surv. same) didnt care to check dps for each boss which is higher as u dont count in the summoning/positioning time

Yeah, and to bounce over that :

but you're still 500 DPS behind a parse I have in front of me right now from a DT in our guild (2964.47 DPS, 9:56 duration, tanking it solo in defensive stance).
    We all know that dps is very, very dependant of how much buffs you can benefit and how often.

In my case I didnt have any barb, shaman, tos or anything that would buff me directly, exception done of course by Armageddon Falls.

So its a bit "vague" to do some proper comparisons, unless in the exactly same setup. Or just the dummy

Give a dps dt a shaman, a barb and a tos and just admire the highest spikes you'll ever see (and dont forget the sin in that group too so he'll feel good )
    Last edited by Sygmaelle; 28th May 2013 at 18:31.

When going dps on a DT (magic) do I use VoM? Because it seems as though vom is for more melee dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenarie76 View Post
    When going dps on a DT (magic) do I use VoM? Because it seems as though vom is for more melee dps.
    Actually, the magic damage of the DT are mostly procs from his melee hit. DT have very few spell on itself (Shadow Hex, Blood Hex and Dark Hands, that's about it -well ok, also some other like Burden, but hell-).

While these spell can actually be a significant part of your total DPS (mostly Shadow Hex), that does NOT mean you will be casting spell all the time without doing melee combo to do your job. Don't get it wrong : No matter what the way you've spec your DT, you will always be fighting with melee combo. And Void of Madness can proc to provide you a +75% base spell damage for a few seconds anyway, so it's good even if you like spell.

When people say they choose gear with wisdom for the magic damage, it's not only for the few spell you have, it's also for the numerous unholy magic damage procs our feats give us. Seriously, these sh*t procs all the time, we are living pulse of unholy procs. So even if the damage appears to be small on one single proc, they are a BIG part of the damage you deal at the end of the day. Which is why people try to increase these magic damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenarie76 View Post
    If you want to tank, use VoM.
    If you want to dps (melee), use VoM.
    If you want to dps (magic), use VoM.
    If you want to ERP, use VoM.
    If you want to make coffee, use VoM.
    If you want to fill your tax papers, use VoM.
    If you want your loved one to come back, use VoM.
    The list goes on...
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Quote Originally Posted by Ieronon View Post
    If you want to tank, use VoM.
    If you want to dps (melee), use VoM.
    If you want to dps (magic), use VoM.
    If you want to ERP, use VoM.
    If you want to make coffee, use VoM.
    If you want to fill your tax papers, use VoM.
    If you want your loved one to come back, use VoM.
    The list goes on...
    That looks like a good DT signature xD