Thread: Any HoX specs

Default Any HoX specs

For PvE and/or PvP?

I haven't played since December of 2008 due to personal issues, so I have no idea what's good or not.

On an unrelated note, where did everyone go? I'm wandering around the empty wastes of Tyranny and I feel like I'm playing a single player RPG.

Keep in mind that most of that thread is raid builds. Great info but things are a little different at lower levels. I put some leveling builds on page 8.

The most important or common choices while leveling:
    • Hellfire (first feat in Possession)
    • Horrible Visage of Xotli (stun), halfway up Possession
    • Phoenix Wings, especially if you're comfortable mass-pulling and want to take it up a notch. Phoenix Cloak is kind of crippling without it.
    • At that point, there are two common tracks: a) Go for the final feats in Possession (at least Tongue of Xotli), while filling in from the Avatar tree whenever you are too low-level to put more points in Possession; OR b) you can switch to the Avatar tree and go up to Avatar of Xotli. If you are very PVP-focused, a third track is to go Horrible Visage of Xotli, then Purge (from the Mage General tree), then back to Possession for Tongue of Xotli.

Many guilds have transferred from Tyranny to Set for the higher population. You might check out the B&G server for world PVP action.

Welcome back.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gollygeewilikers View Post
    *stuff*
    I started fresh in February after 2-3 years away -- new server, new character, new guild -- and I don't know whatchoo be goin' on about. I've made as much progress on AA and faction/faction-gear in two months as I would have in a year when RotGS launched, with the original scaling. The population is going up (at least on Set) due to the dearth of other games and the game going on Steam, and the newbies seem to be digging it. Quote from chat last night: "Wish I'd found this game earlier."

On topic, HoXes have had polish since 2008 too. There used to be just one viable end-feat and spec; now there are three good end-feats and two equally viable specs (three, counting the Possession/General for PVP). Hair doesn't come off when you transform. The vanity tab means you can make your HoX look like a fighter rather than another girly-man mage. There's actual HoX gear out there. Fire Lance got nerfed to heck though.

If you end up on Set, send a /tell to Sandspice if you need anything, especially HoX-related.
    Last edited by Prima; 12th April 2013 at 03:03.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.