Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Damage for Dummies

very nice thread, kudos!

I am going to chip in with some info on Tenacity since it's very important to assassin (this class can take it up to 105% with master assassin perk and T3 pvp gear).

http://aochideout.blogspot.com/2012/...ll-things.html

Now after this is done this is where Critigation, Critigation Chance, and tenacity comes in. The receiver of the crit has a percentage chance to do a critical mitigation(Critigation). This roll is just to check if you can mitigate the crit or not. If you mitigate the crit that is when tenacity comes into play. Tenacity counters your targets Critigation. Because players are the only ones that have Critigation; Tenacity only works on players.

Both critical damage bonus and tenacity will help the attacker in a pvp situation.
    http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/show...4&postcount=17
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    very nice thread, kudos!

I am going to chip in with some info on Tenacity since it's very important to assassin (this class can take it up to 105% with master assassin perk and T3 pvp gear).

http://aochideout.blogspot.com/2012/...ll-things.html

http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/show...4&postcount=17
    oh damn, great post slith

Ok if Tenacity counters the amount of damage Critigation Amount negates is it better to stack Crit Damage or Tenacity? ie if i drop 100 Tenacity how much Crit Damage do i need to get the same damage results? (vs a player with Critigation gear....and lets face it...thats everyone in minis these days)

Does Tenacity affect the initial 50% that a crit grants or just the bonus damage? ie if you have no Crit Bonus Damge and crit someone with Critigation gear does Tenacity help keep a portion of that 50% hitting.

Essentially grabbing more Tenacity is like increasing your Crit Bonus Damage against Critigation wearing folk??

Lol my brain hurts

*edit* how do you increase your Critigation (Chance)????....armor only has Critigation Amount (how much Crit Damage is mitigated) so how do you increase the chance you will mitigate a crit?....only thru Elusive Nature?....must be something else too.....i have 720 odd with EN supplying only 548 of it

Ok figured out its not gear related....naked and geared my Critigation is exactly the same....more testing!
    Last edited by stalkerfan; 1st October 2013 at 04:29.
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

This might be abit OT, but on my mage charracter i recive the messege: Target resisted your spell. What causes that?

Not enough hit.

edit vvv: Missed with 17% bonus hit chance? That can only happen if enemy had an evade buff or hit you with a fizzle debuff as they said below. I probably should add a bit about fizzle debuffs.
    Last edited by cins; 7th November 2013 at 14:13.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    Not enough hit.
    Are you sure? My hox has 17% while my friend has over 24%. Is the hit cap higher for magic damage?

And by not enough hit he means hit rating. Basically you missed.

EDIT: just saw your other post.
    There is always a 5% chance, that's as low as you can get it.
    Pontuz - HoX
    Ponthus - Demo
    Pondtus - DT
    + plenty of alts like everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    Are you sure? My hox has 17% while my friend has over 24%. Is the hit cap higher for magic damage?
    It also depends on your target's immunity (e.g. in pvp vs an assassin or a shaman with immunity buff, there is no amount of hit rating that can help you I guess ).

And additionally you may have been debuffed with some +X% fizzle chance; for example when facing corrupted villagers in paikang, such debuffs will increase fizzle chance to 20-40% causing a lot of spells to fail.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

This thing here has flabbergasted me. Why didn't anyone mention I'm doing it wrong? We've had an official quote on unshielded side bonus for years and the lot of you didn't bother to correct it here. Y'all suck...

Post not available anymore
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast