Thread: How do the expansions work and what are mini games?

Default How do the expansions work and what are mini games?

I have seen threads where people talk about the expansions, and I see that Vanaheim has level 20 content, which is apparently good for leveling. How do you access it? From threads I saw people talk about going to Conarch Village and from there to the missions, but in game I didn't see anything that looked relevant (yes I did pick it up in the store just to see what it is).

Similarly I see there is a daily quest to participate in something called a "mini game" and I see posts on the forum where people are saying they are popular again with all of us returning and new players on Saga, but I can't find anything that details what they are or how to join one.

Thanks in advance!

if you bought the expansion, you should have a scroll in your claims. use that scroll, and you'll get a quest.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    if you bought the expansion, you should have a scroll in your claims. use that scroll, and you'll get a quest.
    AHA, thank you! I would never have thought to look there on my own.

What are mini games and how do they work?

Minigames is a kind of PvP. You sign up, and when there's enough people, the game starts. There are several kind of minigames, each with a different objective.
    You can check this thread for more info: Guide to Age of Conan PVP
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    Minigames is a kind of PvP. You sign up, and when there's enough people, the game starts. There are several kind of minigames, each with a different objective.
    You can check this thread for more info: Guide to Age of Conan PVP
    Thanks again!

One more: I got the quest, went to connall but I can't figure out how to get to nighttime in connall to actually talk to the quest target. There's no marker on my map showing me where to go. In tortage it was the inn, I tried talking to everyone I could find near the inn but still no go. So how does one get to the nighttime zone?

Edit: figured it out. Seems my display was buggy and I had to log out and back in to get the mark to show. For anyone else who is looking, you tell the first quest target goodbye then speak to him again and ask for a teleport to the valley.
    Last edited by GavinRuneblade; 31st January 2018 at 08:36.

You took the scroll from your claims and clicked it? Then you got a quest, which leads to a guy from the Moragh Clan in Conarch. Talk to him. He is quite clear with his instructions. He will take to to Conarch night time.

Perhaps you do not use your quest journal? Look into it, by right clicking on a quest you can display it on your gaming screen. Menue Option - Standart - scroll down you can choose to show more than 3 quests at a time.

Press M to show your map, and on it you should see quest markers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantakwa View Post
    You took the scroll from your claims and clicked it? Then you got a quest, which leads to a guy from the Moragh Clan in Conarch. Talk to him. He is quite clear with his instructions. He will take to to Conarch night time.

Perhaps you do not use your quest journal? Look into it, by right clicking on a quest you can display it on your gaming screen. Menue Option - Standart - scroll down you can choose to show more than 3 quests at a time.

Press M to show your map, and on it you should see quest markers.
    Ya the guy didn't offer me the journey to the valley until I logged out and back in. Not sure why. And my quest marker wasn't showing that I needed to talk to him even though it was my only active quest. *shrug* I eventually figured it out. The frist time I talked to him he just told me to go to connall valley. When I spoke to him a second time he offered to teleport me.