Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Directional Shielding in PVE

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    Is that it? 5 years of AOC and "it's probably just a myth" is all we've got.
    indeed, that is all we got.
    I am Stian ingame...

it's a myth, get over it.
    Chenza = Retired
    of The Amazons

Different damage types has nothing to do with shielding, never had, and hopefully never will..
    Skrymirne/Skrymirna/Skrymirni(Guards) Hildrida/Toireasa/Nudde(Conqs) Radgrid/Eirne/Ciannait/Boudicia(DTs)
    Crudelita/Cruelida(Barbs) Sindarilla/Cliodhna/Noinin/Fionuir(Sins) Pinnesenida(Ranger)
    Nuadhu/Maihread(Poms) Toselita(Tos) Qtie/Macushla(BS)
    Livtrasir(Necro) Helsvitje(Demo) Niuth/Niuthiune(Hoxes)

The easiest way to "know" this without doing any maths is just look at the incoming damage. Go tank Arbanus with your shields set all one way and have someone else with the same set up with the shields set up to the default arrangement. The difference should be immense (ie: you should be taking 3x as much damage if you have the default set up). However, there is no difference whatsoever.

A barbarian can tank Caverns hard mode because the adds attack only one side. If shielding really mattered, I would solo tank every physical raid boss in the game on my Conq and it would be a joke. Strom would be a nancy even in Frenzy.

But, it just doesn't work that way at all.

Didn't damage types only matter back in the gem days when you could craft a full crushing, piercing, and slashing suit?

You could get close to 75+% mitigation back then I think...

You could also craft a full pulsating suit...watching 10 people beat on someone only to heal them to ful was lolz.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    OK, easy to see what camp you are in with the way you chose to word your reply. I then took it from that that the link you provided would show evidence that would back up your stance, however, after reading it, it appears your opinion is based on little more than hearsay.

I was expecting some hard evidence in your link and saw nothing more than another players opinion.

Does anyone have any hard facts they can present to the newcomers out there that would put this discussion to bed once and for all?
    I can provide you my 5 years of AoC experience, take it or leave it for some "hard evidence" there is the above mentioned video

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Didn't damage types only matter back in the gem days when you could craft a full crushing, piercing, and slashing suit?

You could get close to 75+% mitigation back then I think...

You could also craft a full pulsating suit...watching 10 people beat on someone only to heal them to ful was lolz.
    yep, physical damage type is a remnant from the ancient era of AoC (pre- stats revamp), where you also had those specific types of invulns, so you could make some armor piece more resistent to some kind of damage than to other

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5...etunic1gh6.jpg
    http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/5...carhelmsv5.jpg
    Last edited by Argantes; 26th March 2013 at 12:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    I can provide you my 5 years of AoC experience, take it or leave it for some "hard evidence" there is the above mentioned video

yep, physical damage type is a remnant from the ancient era of AoC (pre- stats revamp), where you also had those specific types of invulns, so you could make some armor piece more resistent to some kind of damage than to other

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5...etunic1gh6.jpg
    http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/5...carhelmsv5.jpg
    well, im not from those times, im more recent, but i would prefer that things would be like that instead of how they are now (too simple)...
    it seems that on those old ways, crafting/selling gear looks more important and would be a good way to have an armor specific to kill certain class and/or protect against certain types of damage
    damm, i wished i could be there in those days

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123