Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls Online

Quote Originally Posted by lieddd View Post
    Then what term should I use when talking about pink gnomes and unicorns?
    Maybe Dream Fantasy ? ;-D

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    That would explain why I loved the trailer.
    Yeah, I love the Warhammer universe a lot. But I still find that an Elder Scrolls should have it's own, "elderscrollish", identity, not a copycat of other universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    I wish I could unsee the mods I've seen.
    So true. So, so true

I agree with some other posters. Game is overhyped.

What I really want is World of Darkness, but it's like 3-5 years away.

Heh, all games are overhyped, either by the publishers or media, but most often by other players. While I hope TES:O will be good, I also have a large bucket of mistrust to any new game coming out from any franchise that I happen to like, and ESPECIALLY when it's the company behind the game's first MMO.

Anyone remember what happened when SWTOR came out, and how hard Bioware faceplanted on that one?
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

SWTOR was pretty lame after you finished all the story quests.

You can't take a single player sandbox exploration type RPG with a limited combat system that has not changed since the 16 bit days and suddenly make it an MMORPG based on a cookie cutter Korean high fantasy model.

I always expect better when I see Bethesda involved but I guess this time they took the Bioware approach, which Star Wars continued to be fun for all of 30 minutes after completing the main quest line at 50.

Just like Warhammer, ESO is another game with great lore/content potential ruined just to get it on the shelf asap.
    Last edited by Suctum; 29th June 2013 at 00:55.
    Doomsayer 2008

nah, waiting for eq next. eq2 was a great game, but it's so beyond f***kd presently.

+ it's supposed to be a sandbox game. I like sandbox games like eve. aoc could have been an awesome sandbox game with the battlekeep and guild cities.

cant wait for the reveal on august 3rd.

ESO is OK...but nothing great. There just isn't enough of anything different in it to pull me in.

AoC still keeps me coming back due to it's unique low fantasy IP, great combat system and visuals (Music, graphics, animations and fatalities) that are second to none.

I keep leaving AoC because of it's long standing bugs, lack of content, and FC neglect.

Please FC...it's not too late to turn this game into the beast it could be...it will just require some money and effort. Put the resources (or sell to a company that is willing to invest back into this game) into fixing the bugs, develop new content and give us the sandbox PVE and PVP we crave!
    Last edited by Kellaxe; 14th July 2013 at 20:59.

funcom had a chance to turn aoc around. but then they chose to take out more loans and invest 100 million into niche game like TSW instead of reinvesting into AoC. and even though TSW had plenty of content and was nearly bug free it flopped.

like honestly, what made funcom think that a "horror" game like TSW would ever be mainstream lol? that lovecraft stuff is niche.

AoC is niche too, and TSW was always Funcom's main child. AoC was just side project till they decided what to do with TSW

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast