Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls Online

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    Well, if you think it like that. Then AoC is not mature at all

Few naked girls and few "whore" dialogue parts won't make it mature at all.

So, then again it is false marketing from Funcom.

But, that + 18 has many purposes.
    Like, they put that in CoDs to cause massive amounts of childs get horny about that game. While game has could have that + 12

Then again Manhunt games share that + 18 also. They are almost sick and still considered to same category where children fps games are (CoD)

Many cases + 18 is just there for marketing, because kids like to get game like that and think that they are big boys now.
    guy kills five guys and blood spatters>> basically 18+

weed, alcohol, sexual innuendo>>>basically 18+

complex theme/plot/etc. that usually only more 'mature' people would understand>>>no age limitations

ESO looks like your typical run-of-the-mill high fantasy mmo.

My expectations are low, as they were with Rift & SWTOR. It'll probably hold my attention until something of more substance comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by gollygeewilikers View Post
    ESO looks like your typical run-of-the-mill high fantasy mmo.
    High Fantasy? Any MMORPG with lots of colors, cartoony style, females on high heels swinging polearms, pink gnomes and unicorn mounts are high fantasy in my world. What makes ESO high fantasy?
    I DON'T RECOGNIZE ANY OF YOU PEOPLE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lieddd View Post
    High Fantasy? Any MMORPG with lots of colors, cartoony style, females on high heels swinging polearms, pink gnomes and unicorn mounts are high fantasy in my world. ...
    High Fantasy ... totally different of what you mean or think. Look the defintion for High Fantasy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_fantasy

KlingenBruderschaft

Quote Originally Posted by Argaron View Post
    High Fantasy ... totally different of what you mean or think. Look the defintion for High Fantasy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_fantasy

Then what term should I use when talking about pink gnomes and unicorns?
    I DON'T RECOGNIZE ANY OF YOU PEOPLE!!!!!!

Actually, in everyday (internet) discussion, I've seen A LOT of people said that basically High Fantasy is shiny, unicorn stuff; while low fantasy in more mature, crude fantasy. I think it's just the common denomination, even if the real, original, meaning of the term is different (See Aragorn link).

So yeah, while being technically incorrect, I guess that your words were good enough to describe what you feel.

Speaking of the Elder Scrolls, fans commonly regards Oblivion as the least good episode of the conventional serie (I-II-III-IV-V, so excluding Redguard, Shadowkey, Dawnstar and so on), and this is partially due to its too damn high "High Fantasy" position. With Minotaurs, Unicorn, Shiny-goldy-aspect everywhere. And also because of the lore and the writing, but that's another discussion. And when I say fans, I really mean huge, dedicated fans. Not fanboys. Not casuals. I speak about those fans who knows the Lore more than the dev, who spit and get angry on everything Bethesda make since Daggerfall but who still buy and play the sh*t out of every game.

Morrowind, while technically more exotic (so probably at least equally "high fantasy" according to the definition), is commonly regarded as being more "low fantasy" than Oblivion. Morrowind was raw, harsh, rude and crude. Slavery, racism, mud & dirt, poverty and mean people everywhere made the game more mature and people classify it more in "low fantasy" (despite, I know, being technically incorrect).

Where I don't agree with you, though, is the position of TESO. It's still to soon to classify it, I think. But the overall design and artistic feeling is very lame, and I think it does not reflect the Elder Scrolls very well.

On most of the screenshots, I could swear it take place in the Warhammer Universe more than in Nirn/Tamriel.
    Last edited by Jaedelyia; 18th April 2013 at 17:11.

Skyrim was awesome to play, I played it for like a week, did most of the quest lines.

ESO's combat system isn't compelling at all. The pvp looks like a GW2 WVWVW clone zerg fest and I simply have no interest in that.

The lore is interesting if you follow the Elder Scrolls games, but the weekly developer questions they put out...wtf is that about? It will never match what hyboria can potentially bring.

Also, I read an insider article about a plan to charge a monthly fee. I'm sorry, after the release of GW2 and defiance mmo (even the Secret World going btp) I'm done feeding a company money after I already bought their game. If I add up all the money I've spent with AoC alone, with character transfers, paths...hundreds of dollars. Example, I moved 5 toons to set, moved 2 of them back. At 20 a pop that's 140. That's on top of keeping my two accounts subbed. What am I paying for? Not paying for any other game ever again lol.

Why pay so much for zero content/replayability

Quote Originally Posted by lieddd View Post
    Then what term should I use when talking about pink gnomes and unicorns?
    Pink gnomes and shiny unicorns ... Mangastyle
    KlingenBruderschaft

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    On most of the screenshots, I could swear it take place in the Warhammer Universe more than in Nirn/Tamriel.
    That would explain why I loved the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Argaron View Post
    Pink gnomes and shiny unicorns ... Mangastyle
    I wish I could unsee the mods I've seen.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast