Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls Online

^ They started releasing TES games as 18+ because of nude patches for Oblivion. They were forced to raise the game rating from Teen despite the mods were fanmade.

Skyrim was released as 18+ probably only to avoid that - it has almost no "adult" themes in it, the war between Stormcloaks and Imperials looks like taken from a Disney movie (pillaging? rapes? civilian casualities? nope, only brave men fighting for their homeland). Skimpy armour and killmove mods won't make it adult - you would need to rewrite almost all quests.

Just finished playing Game of Thrones RPG - now this is some serious adult stuff (although technically flawed).

EDIT: I know adult for some people means dirty diapers and unpaid loans, but we're talking about fantasy here
    Last edited by Misiuggah; 20th March 2013 at 10:37.

Well necromancy and skinned humans and animals is not for teens to see. You can see them on some places

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    Well necromancy and skinned humans and animals is not for teens to see. You can see them on some places
    Sure there is gore, but on the other hand you won't hear NPCs utter even a single curse in Skyrim.

There's a great tolerance on showing blood, dismemberment etc. while real cruelty is less spectacular or can be just suggested.

In GoT RPG there's little gore (some grisly displays in wildling turf), yet it was way heavier because of innocent deaths (random people killed for fun, even children), people pleading for mercy (even your enemies, you can choose to spare them), raep and general feeling of hopelessness. It's not even explicitly shown in many cases (in one of the most hardcore moments you just hear cries), yet it still shocks more than stuff you find in Forsworn camps.
    Last edited by Misiuggah; 20th March 2013 at 12:15.

I hear curses and bad words daily in Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    You won't see innocents killed for no reason, your enemies won't beg your for mercy etc.
    lots of enemies on low health get on their knees and beg for mercy, you can simply enter a village and be able to kill most people there.

with mods you can even kill children.
    pretty much you can go full out sociopath mass murderer so who cares if npc's dont swear(im amazed no one made a mod for npc's cursing tbo)

although best mods are often more mature and rp based like the excelent wyrmstooth, path to elsweyr, The Dark Brotherhood Resurrection, interesting npc's, and countless others.

pretty much whole tes series is dsigned for moding and without mods the games pale a lot, from textures mods to lighthing mods, enb's; or just plain fixes mods.
    opening game for fixing and imagination is reason why people still play morrowind and skyrim and will still play it for a few more years, most other games after first run get boring
    with tes series and other bethesda games you get mods and with each one feels like a new game.

i see with expectation what an mmo developed by that team will bring and eager to see how much it will support mod's

would be a great step for aoc for example to allow texture mods in some manner, character&armor textures been outdated by years now.
    imagine if they allowed mods for minigames, we would have had duel minigames already :P and maybe siege fixes
    Last edited by noite80; 20th March 2013 at 12:26.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

I hear curses and bad words daily in Skyrim
    You have that Samuel L. Jackson mod for mudcrabs? What do you consider a bad word?

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    lots of enemies on low health get on their knees and beg for mercy, you can simply enter a village and be able to kill most people there.
    They just kneel and cover their heads, you can't hear their cries, they don't reason with you. I'm just killing a stupid NPC who will attack me again if I won't finish him off - the game does not enough awaken any remorse. And don't tell me you feel any

Sure you can kill a lot of people in the game, but when you start a fight in the city the game shows it's ridiculous limitations - some of NPCs are immortal and many of them will attack you with fists

One scripted event or dialogue will do more than that.

I know a lot of stuff can be modded, but like I said - killable children, gore mods etc. just turn it into a Postal game, not something adult. You would need to make the game more serious by modding the dialogues, plot etc.

Well, if you think it like that. Then AoC is not mature at all

Few naked girls and few "whore" dialogue parts won't make it mature at all.

So, then again it is false marketing from Funcom.

But, that + 18 has many purposes.
    Like, they put that in CoDs to cause massive amounts of childs get horny about that game. While game has could have that + 12

Then again Manhunt games share that + 18 also. They are almost sick and still considered to same category where children fps games are (CoD)

Many cases + 18 is just there for marketing, because kids like to get game like that and think that they are big boys now.
    Last edited by darknessjw; 20th March 2013 at 14:29.

Well, if you think it like that. Then AoC is not mature at all

Few naked girls and few "whore" dialogue parts won't make it mature at all.

So, then again it is false marketing from Funcom.
    Exactly I'd say AoC is slightly more mature because of the bleak setting.

But, that + 18 has many purposes.
    Like, they put that in CoDs to cause massive amounts of childs get horny about that game. While game has could have that + 12
    Sure, but they got the rating for a few quite disturbing scenes - the airport massacre beats any amount of gore.

Then again Manhunt games share that + 18 also. They are almost sick and still considered to same category where children fps games are (CoD)
    Didn't play Manhunt, so dunno what was the whole wazoo about. From what I saw you were killing human scum just like in many other games - only the methods were more "fancy". Nudity and gore will raise the rating, but it doesn't make the game more disturbing for teens - they saw it all already on TV

On the other hand, disturbing/adult stuff in dialogue will not raise the rating... I remember WAR having a lot of sick stuff in quests and dialogue, yet the game had low rating because there was no gore or nudity. Still you were raiding farms and corrupting and killing innocents.

Many cases + 18 is just there for marketing, because kids like to get game like that and think that they are big boys now.
    Actually publishers will want to have a lower rating despite the content (same with movies) - obviously it limits the demographic and many stores won't sell 18+ or AO stuff.

Signed up for the beta test. Guess we'll see. I've only ever played Morrowind which held my interest for about three days. Just have no interest in the single player thing anymore.

Sam Krieg from TSW had some pretty intense dialog.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    Exactly I'd say AoC is slightly more mature because of the bleak setting.
    Exactly that's how it's more mature, along side TSW also with a bleak/grim setting and of course the odd person with a grim sense of humor admist all the serious. Of course, not mature in terms of raw like the Song of Ice and Fire books, but mature enough that you feel as an adult playing the game you're not faced with slapstick **** every way you turn.

Compare that to other MMOs; WoW, GW2, Tera, Rift too perhaps - then I feel ESO will be more mature like AoC/TSW in that the world will be bleak, you won't find little pesky creatures coming off arrogant, snotty and with lots of snide/comic remarks.

A perky little Elin or cheeky Asura ventures into Tortage one morning and their head would be on a pole atop the fort before they could spell out 'Thirsty Dog' on the first building.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast