Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Petition Against Upcoming Changes in AAs (PvE)

My suggestions:
    - Don't give AA points for free
    - Improve (a lot) AA prowess gain for any pvp activity except from Bori.
    - Improve (a lot) AA gain for levelling toon, in current state it's just a joke - without using any AA % pots nor offline levels I hit 80 with just 6 points (including 2 from quest rewards urns in Gateway to Khitai). Give expertise AA urns for low level activity - 1 urn for every step of Destiny quest, 1 urn for completing every group dungeon and raid (with some limitation, for example - you can't get urn when your char is 10 levels higher than dungeon lvl), 1 urn for quests to kill some difficult open world group bosses - Lunn, Ghoul Hyena, Harbinger of Kao (no one is killing them anymore) etc.

This would make players have nice amount of AA points after reaching 80 and also encourage them to play low level content especially group content and pvp more not just by doing Bori.

many things said here.
    Well , i believe that a fresh 80 rogue should have Finely Honed and Tainted Weapons. A fresh priest should have SF and Cone heal ,etc etc..
    That would be enough to motivate people so they enter hardmodes.
    But if a fresh 80 gets 300 AA and next day farms memory cloud (with 10k dkp from his main) ... I SMELL PROBLEM
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

Quote Originally Posted by ZackApior View Post
    My suggestions:
    1 urn for quests to kill some difficult open world group bosses - Lunn,...
    (off-topic)3 years into AoC, and never seen that ******* dead.

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyMad View Post
    (off-topic)3 years into AoC, and never seen that ******* dead.
    I have killed him numerous times. Last time, three months ago with my guardian and a raid.
    We had hyenna Epic raids too - recently, as well.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

A booohoo cry thread from a veteran. keep this going and new players will just keep leaving.

Agree on one point though the gap is not that much about AA/gear but about skill and well vets that dont want to increase the speed of newbies to get the skills needed. your solution is to put them in old content almost no vet plays. you force them in a verry verry small player base in an already small player base that aoc has.

LFG tool wont help to get normal mode dungeons I dont know how someone can even think thats the problem the problem is the big part of the player base DOES NOT WANT to play the normal modes. u can create all the tools you want but if people are not intrested they are not intrested.

Really guys how can u be so buthurt my aa tree is 99% full on multiple characters NOT by grind and put alot of effort in it but by doing things that atleast for me was FUN with friends running dungeons. i do not understand why you want to keep new players so far away instead of welcoming them play with them and have epic moments with them. oh and really all u **** used offline training its infact free AA for all your characters and since most subbed so long even alts that they parked at start of rotgs will be full of AA now FOR FREE u didnt do any hard work for it so dont be so stupidly butthurt cause they want to make it easier for new players to get a chanse to play with other players in an mmo.

For me the sooner new players can play and learn from vets the better they will learn faster and the playerbase will increase.

AA progression as a sole reason to play a class like Deathsader is just sad if getting an aa point is fun for you then its uhm not my kind of fun to say it niceley

Faster AA progression for new players is nothing bad its like xp pots it just speeds up there leveling. so they can catch up(somewhat) and learn and enjoy the game with us veterans.

also keep in mind info on aoc is teribad targets target for example its a fact no new player knows about it. shielding feat description etc are just bad explained/not detailed enough and 90% of the new players will not learn this until a vet/older player explains them. Ofc it should be funcom that should adress it but we all know its state i rather have them speed up the newbies so i can play with them and help them.
    Last edited by Warkind; 19th March 2013 at 16:58.

Quote Originally Posted by lonetac View Post
    There are certain dungeons in khitai that require people to have the skill to remove debuffs. Its an AA skill. Unless they revamped those dungeons to not need this that is the only example i can think of that requires it.
    There aren't any that require all 6 people in the group to have them. Most have 1 or 2 that are critical. You should be able to work around 1 or 2 undergeared group members. Most of them have room for one piece of dead weight, or maybe 2.

On my PoM there was only 1 dungeon that I did regularly where my AA was critical. I could have brought a fresh 80 PoM or ToS into Yag runs and done fine.

I can agree that doing pve AA gain is relatively good, but as strictly pvp player that dont do bori I can say that AA is big problem for me if i start new char. I can manage with gear, specially since you can get to pvp 5 fast. Maybe weapons suck on some classes but i can live with it. But AA is super slow...

I have couple chars with a lot AA and i wouldnt mind if new players can close that gap much faster than now.
    And hopefully this crafting revamp will help with gear issue.

Imo fresh 80 should get some fixed number of AA so he can get some nice perks, maybe even gold one. I dont see nothing game breaking there. Only problem might be for some elitist with full aa and gear that dont want newbies to pose threat to them.

Quote Originally Posted by gduncan View Post

The real problem here is the barrier to entry. You simply can't go and do most of the 6 mans that ppl are doing if you dont have the required spells. Resolve, Steadfast faith, etc

People are getting to 80 and then parking their toons, not because they cant do dmg, but because they dont have the AAs required to join their friends in 6 mans. This is the problem.
    Lets be realistic in this conversation: it takes few weeks to get the appropriate archetype skill. In the meantime I worked on gearing up my toon with blues doing normal modes in monastery and pagoda and grinding my first faction. All in all by the time I had my resolve, for instance, I was already well geared, Khitai dungeon and faction blues, and maybe a purple faction piece, proper fit to try my first HM. I think it all makes sense to me.

1) Keep the grinding AA as is
    2) Maybe extend AA xp and rewards to all 6 man dungeons with unchained option, thus giving us options in what to do and repopulating some of the old areas.
    3) fix pvp balance in minis only.
    4) add monthly RP events where some of the dungeons give more rewards then others. Make 80s move their ass instead of camping the Khitai all the time.

thank you very much.

I obviusly disagree with you Lunatic.

Most of veterans have already full AA, while I couldnt count friends who left due to AA grind in this game needed for competitive pvp.

Keep things simple:

pvp - should be skill dependant. Gear , weapon and AA differences shouldnt be bigger than 20% between fresh 80 and veteran who has everything possible, so that skilled fresh 80 should own veteran if he cannot play well.
    Your argument about being bored and not finding reason to play because gap between you and someone else isnt such wide is totally invalid. Example: pvp7 and pvp10 gear isnt different a lot - many players including me wanted to get pvp 10 gear.

You can give a lot of pvp gear setups considering even 10% power gap. Pvpers arent quiting because they cannot get better gear or no aa, they are because they are bored with the only pug based pvp content which aoc gives us. Fun from playing pvp is imo mostly you about improving your skill, what is never ending story, new content, balanced game and most of all playing with your friends, competitive pvp against hostile guilds, working on your team skill progress in cooperation rather than doing shitloads of KK runs just to have satisfaction that you can one shot newbie who just hited level 80.

pve - different pair of shoes, if you want - leave aa farm as it is, imo AA is ok from pure pve point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcopthes View Post
    pvp - should be skill dependant. Gear , imo AA is ok from pure pve point of view.
    You disagree by partially agreeing. Please reread my original message: I wrote about PvP there too.

I quote: "Petition against ... (PVE)" and
    "Oh, and for PvP, I would just suggest adding a separate queue for AA-less or AA-maxed minigames so that everyone is happy (even though I love progressing in PvP as well)."
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 20th March 2013 at 15:22.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast