Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Petition Against Upcoming Changes in AAs (PvE)

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post

anyway, just introduce more quests giving expertise point pots as you level 20-79 (worth maybe 50 points together, dunno, number out of my ...) .. this way new players will have something at lvl 80 and vets won´t feel butthurt, as they can do those quests as well
    ^

Simple solution.

Anyway, something HAS to be done about the AA gap for PvP. Also, new players can't even go into certain dungeons unless they have certain AAs. At least give them enough points to be able to enter 6 mans.

I disagree with the statements saying that a toon with full aa's is OP. Being able to do 5% more dmg with this combo or that doesn't make you OP.

Does a full aa toon do more dmg, sure it does, but a full aa toon will also be a fully geared toon, and will be played by an experienced player with an excellent feat build. It is a lot of factors, not just one.

The real problem here is the barrier to entry. You simply can't go and do most of the 6 mans that ppl are doing if you dont have the required spells. Resolve, Steadfast faith, etc

People are getting to 80 and then parking their toons, not because they cant do dmg, but because they dont have the AAs required to join their friends in 6 mans. This is the problem.

By all means, give ppl quests to do as they lvl up so that when they hit 80 they can have 20 AA's to spend, but the best way to remove the barrier to entry is to take these required skills out of the AA tree and make them normal spells so that you have them the minute you hit 80.
    Last edited by gduncan; 13th March 2013 at 22:00.

There is no barrier to entry in k6 there is a progression the start k6 normal mode do not require any AA to complete. The thing to do is not to get rid of this content or the need for this content but to do something like a lfg tool that actually works so people can actually find groups for these places instead of spamming global all day long.

Yes you can do normal mode without the aa's BUT 99% of groups advertising in global are not doing normal mode.

Quote Originally Posted by gduncan View Post
    Yes you can do normal mode without the aa's BUT 99% of groups advertising in global are not doing normal mode.
    Than we have identified the barrier to entry, it is the grouping tools that we have not the AA requirements to do TOP level six mans.

Why should new players be given AA's to do 6 mans? Thats one of the most stupid requests that can be found on these forums.

Only Hard modes require those AA's like Resolve, UC, SF... As far as I am concerned a new player has a planty of stuff to do before going to hard modes, Atzel Fortress, Onyx.. T1, T2... Normal modes, there is a plany of content to start with once you're lvl 80 that does't require a single point in AA, and by the time you gear up a bit you'll have enough points to train those important AA's and start doing HM's.

Always the same story ppl want to skip half of the game and jump in T4 as soon as they are lvl 80, just take it easy no rush, learn to play your class first, have a normal progression curve, enjoy your time.
    Last edited by Redd; 13th March 2013 at 22:55.

Herroo peopre prease!

I know how to play. Can you now let me enjoy PvP with my new HoX r1 and 10 AA points? Oh wait that was not so enjoyable since progression after 80 in this game is far from horizontal as it possible to get it. Could just have added 20 more levels! EVEN IT OUT!
    HERRO REGENG IS RETURN

This thread and all the posters in it should be keelhauled.

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    like Guard's sustaining Wrath (Gold) -- should be deleted..

But yes, many of the AA's are utterly useless.
    Yep. Feeding Pyre is prolly one of longest AA to train on HoX. But it is worth it really, great update to most unique spell which made it again so badass,,, NOT

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    No idea...never was mentioned to me and I don't see it in any of the plans that the team had for this year.
    Found the podcast here, around 28:54:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gameon.cfm/cast/18

Not sure if the feature he can't talk about means the "hidden" bonus for crafting items when stacking certain ingredients or something else.

Sorry to disappoint some people, that was straight from the horse's mouth, no conspiracies..

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast