Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition Against Upcoming Changes in AAs (PvE)

I am all for narrowing the gap between old and new players... By all means reduce the AA/gear gap...

A new guy venturing into a mini will just despair when he is one shotted by a Veteran...

we need more players playing the game Alan for the overall well-being of aoc

On another note, please do make pvp T3 weapons more powerful and up to par to pve T4 weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Seriously, where did this list come from? TSW is supposed to be the game about conspiracies. Nothing on that list is even close to what we are discussing right now.

While I appreciate the time spent compiling this information I think you should wait until we release our actual plans.
    you sir are my new hero. If I could, I would kiss you now. In the mean time, I'll just lick my monitor.
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

Seriously, where did this list come from? TSW is supposed to be the game about conspiracies. Nothing on that list is even close to what we are discussing right now.
    I apologize for compiling two topics in one message.

First of all, I am glad to read such a response from Nusquan: that means a lot to me that these guesses are not even close to the planned ones. It appeared to many (I have compiled the list from other conversation and from other people.)
    Nusquam, the list is full of hypotheses, and it was not claimed that we will or must have those changes. We could wait for them though. For example, some group quests were removed from levelling areas, and some are still left in the game. One might assume that it might affect other group quests in the future. If I am wrong with the guesses, then I would only love the game even more (I cannot play anything else, actually)!
    I understand that I have no right here to make anyone introduce changes, but at least we can gather the information on what players comprehend or assume from the newsletter where it was said that "AA gap is looked into to be reduced".

The discussion in the additional information is just a side note, a reminder of the conversations from the old forum where we had a healthy discussion with the fear that every patch brings the game slowly to something different. As the old forum is getting erased soon, the information was kept here only for consideration. If someone wishes to comment it, then it would be a good read.

If we do not discuss and guess the hidden meaning behind "The idea is to decrease the disparity between end-game players with full AA trees and players that arrive at the end-game" now, then it might be too late then the changes are finally introduced, is that not right (as it was with skills tab or Saddur's key)? We are here to lead discourses, help, and interact in a polite or neutral manner, after all. Petitions are formal requests or solicitations, not a paper that you sign with "x"; thus, a conversation or arguments instead of "/signed" is natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    And there is also the PVP side of things, a fresh level 80 in most cases is a free kill for all the rest of the people in the minigames. Giving them a few AAs wouldn't change much but it could help slightly so it's definitely worth it.
    For the PvP side: I mentioned it in the message. Check the ending, guys! Also, there is a gear gap in PvP with all the PvE weapons and armor, but that is for another discussion.

Please be polite (I even received a private message with threats). If you wish to ignore something, please do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    "Unused offline levels: 263."
    GIEF!!!!
    I wish!

Thank you all who keep answering here!
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 12th March 2013 at 15:57.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

There is a gap between new players and existing players. The existing players have invested the time to train AAs and have an advantage over new 80s.This is how it should be but something must be done to allow new players to close the gap and enjoy more of the endgame content.

Since alot of PVE AA advancement comes from K6s,giving all new 80s the required AAs (Steadfast, Resolve, Unbinding, Finely Honed / Tainted Weapons)would allow them to earn AAs faster without the initial time / AA requirement that is difficult without getting into K6s. It would still place the burden of getting additional AAs on the new players and give existing player more opportunities to find groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Keebler2 View Post
    Since alot of PVE AA advancement comes from K6s,giving all new 80s the required AAs (Steadfast, Resolve, Unbinding, Finely Honed / Tainted Weapons)would allow them to earn AAs faster without the initial time / AA requirement that is difficult without getting into K6s. It would still place the burden of getting additional AAs on the new players and give existing player more opportunities to find groups.
    Or they could just increase the rewards from doing normal modes for the k6 I am not sure that the answer is to remove lower content or the need for lower content just so others can join in the higher content. I believe that the answer is to up the rewards for the lower content to make them more appealing to complete.

Petition to just delete this thread.. Too much fail in it.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    • "You dont want to give new 80s 300 aa's as it will upset the vets who have put in hours attaining thise goal. Similarly the new player wont immerse themselves in the game if they are gifted so much."
    Disagree. If vets want to cry because new players are being made more relevant (hence saving the game from suffering a slow death due to the gap stifling population), they can go play somewhere else. Vets should care more about saving the game than being angry because their grind is something the new guys won't have to go through. That's an awfully childish stance to take given the state of the game IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Arguments:
    1. A freshly 80 character has no crazy gap in AA, but in skill. Boosting one's skill is only a personal task.
    No, just no. And more no. And even more no on top of that already giant pile of no. Skill gap is there, yes. However, it's got nothing on the monstrous chasm that is the AA gap.

Do you even PvP bro?

@Alandalara

The problem I'm having with your logic is that you refer to almost all the changes made by Funcom as dumbing down the game. I don't mind and I even appreciate simplifying outdated encounters/mechanics.

Consider this, almost none of the veteran players go to T3 as a challenge. When the changes happened, it didn't take away anything from the veteran players anyway. The changes to that instance came even later than they were supposed to come. Dedicated raiding guilds were already clearing that t3 for their alts and they were seeking challenges in t4 and t3.5. Now with minor tweaks (like the visual cues to things like keeper adds/miasmas etc..) those places are easier for those players who couldn't enjoy that content before.

I see it as a natural cycle. As long as there comes new encounters to challenge those who seek a challenge, older encounters should be made more easier and available. When we get a new raid instance in Dragon's Spine, T3.5 should be made a bit easier for a larger population of the playerbase to enjoy. It is a beautiful instance but the rewards are not worth it and it's far too demanding for casual players to enjoy.

I witnessed the endless grind in Khitai take away a big chunk of the population. I witnessed great guilds/raiding groups disband while banging their heads against Keeper/Thoth-Amon fights. Now I believe that AAs are a big barrier that makes the integration of new players to the end game much more difficult than it should be. Hopefully, under new direction necessary changes can be applied faster before the game loses anymore prospects. (And I'm really optimistic from what I've seen so far.)

If the veterans of this game cry about such changes to accomodate more players, even when it didn't take away anything from the game for them, it really comes across as selfish. So please no QQ.

"more GG more skill"
    Last edited by Macduff; 12th March 2013 at 16:53.
    Macduff(guard) Duffster(conq) Zacknafein(dt)
    Gedwyn(bs) Relind(pom) Onerio(tos)
    Pyrox(hox) Yorick(necro) Luthien(demo)
    Leartes(ranger) Skalld(barb) Mercutio(sin)

whats the rush to start doing hardmodes right after becoming lvl80? new player playing his/hers first character to lvl80 is not suppose to start doing hard modes and/or t3 raids right away.

there are normal mode khitai dungeons, old world dungeons, t1 and t2 raids to start gearing up and gaining experience so that later he/she can join hardmode groups and other activities that require knowledge on how to play the chosen class at certain level. i'm sure many of you have seen the level of pug groups doing khitai dungeons and its horribly bad.

but all this requires that the person joins a proper guild and learns from more seasoned players. There is so much bad information and even worse 'teachers' out there and that hurts the new player far more than slow AA progression.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast