Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition Against Upcoming Changes in AAs (PvE)

I disagree with you aswell. Don't get me wrong, i enjoy the gear progression and i don't mind starting to play green geared, 0 AA toons in PvP and get spanked a lot, and spank a bit cocky noobs. Actually feeling your character gaining power is enjoyable.
    However, when i'm tired i can relog to a more advanced char and play more relaxed. I can easily find groupes for khitai and not struggle because when players see my stuff they kick me or because i don't have the AA for HMs.

Theres quite a diffrence between a veteran player, use to the game, who knows it from top to bottom, has friends around, etc. and a new commer.

PvP wise the AA gap adds to the gear gap and the skill gap. Gear is pretty fast to get. Skill... it depends. AA is long and tedious especially if you are more intrested in PvP than PvE. So having a bump to get at least the anti-CC seem pretty reasonable to me.
    AoC doesn't really shine by it's numbers. Looking into new player retention isn't a bad thing.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

I know a few of us have far too much free time to spend on idle speculation on AoC but seriously, what's this?

Also, give everyone the AAs. All of the AAs. For all intents and purposes, full AA makes you level 85. Anyone who's paid the slightest bit of attention during leveling in this game knows that you either can't beat a mob 5 levels higher than you, or have extremely hard time doing it, yet today all classes can take on multiple 85s and win. We're clearly not just 80 anymore (incidentally this is why T2 and T3 is so much easier today, you've outleveled them). It's stupid to prevent people from reaching this hidden level cap. And all the AA in the world won't save the noob who doesn't know how to play.
    Last edited by cins; 12th March 2013 at 12:16.

About AA progression, my main concern would be that pvp is less rewarding than pve in terms of aa-xp and thus prowess increases more slowly than mastery.
    Also pre-80 levelling should be more rewarding for new players to have a more decent aa base.
    On the other hand, it's funny to see that AA urns drop from T4 last bosses when your toon don't need it anymore (not to mention the 10 AA urn from entity quest).

AA xp has already been boosted, should it be any more ? I don't really know. For every player that is convinced that they should start the game with full AA you'll find another one that will complain that there is nothing to look forward to once you've completed it...

As a final note, there is one way to lessen the AA gap that is not up to the devs, but to the players : that is not overrating the necessity for AA... how many "LFM Priest with perks for monastery" ? how many "LFM mage for KK run, do not send tell if no Unbiding Charm" ? Do you really need to max every single protection to, at last !, have fun in pvp ? to reduce your cc break cd from 4 min to 3 or 2 ? to level up your Light the Path to 5/5 for it to proc regularly ?
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

+Don't mess with aa's too much. I think maybe 25 expertise points should be given out once a toon hits 80(along with existing toons, to be fair) to get them going but otherwise aa's become pointless.

+ Yes 3.5 should be looked at, its a tad difficult relative to ANY raid unless you belong to a elite guild (and the vast majority of your customers do not belong to one). I actually wasted money on this expansion because I could never find a group. Your internal stats probably show that its not done very much.

+look at classes again. Some classes need serious rebalancing tweaks.

+Make a better LFG menu, currently people spam global to find groups , this is disorganized and for a big box mmo kinda backwards.

+keep posting by devs. This alone may retain a large bulk of your more veteran players.

what changes? this is a lot of words solely based on conjecture.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Seriously, where did this list come from? TSW is supposed to be the game about conspiracies. Nothing on that list is even close to what we are discussing right now.

While I appreciate the time spent compiling this information I think you should wait until we release our actual plans.
    I do believe the old game term used was "Pwned". And in this case, "Pwned by the game director of the game you're playing. LOL"

It's such a shame that so much work has been put into such total nonsense.

Just give full AA to everyone joining minigames.

Problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    It's such a shame that so much work has been put into such total nonsense.
    I know, imagine if the time spent writing that giant essay was spent doing 6mans. He could have gotten so much AA!

Sorry. I just lack the will to read that wall.

"Unused offline levels: 263."
    GIEF!!!!
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast