Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Petition Against Upcoming Changes in AAs (PvE)

I guess the new GD can reply, I asked Craig a couple of weeks ago (didn't know he was leaving) about the "horizontal progression" he mentioned it should be similar to the AA for the "new expansion" (before they announced Dragon Spine).
    Any plans for that?
    I'd assume crafting revamp will be the main priority instead of more progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsader
    "I really think that the AA system is what gives Age of Conan it's longevity. Because when you sit down and play a game like lets say World of Warcraft. Once you fully gear out your toon, what real reason is there to bring it to anything?"
    Exactly! Also, one should not expect the AA tree to be full: you always should have some edge to step over in progression. Gaining that extra 10%-40% in the AA tree (I am a casual player) every other day is an achievement for me that keeps me engaged.

If, theoretically, a person could gain AA while levelling faster, then it would be very hard for developers to change all the instances and fights to match the power of the average player at the designated level and leave the difficulty at par with the one where you had no AA points (all damage from mobs will have to be increased slightly but not in a linear manner, for example). If supposedly one objects that that change with increased damage is not necessary, then he could just offer just rescaling mobs' level and instance levels (Main System quests starting at level 46, for example, current mobs level 60 set to 67, etc). Still, it could lead to some problems with the code (bugs) and wasting unnecessary manpower.

Leaving the AA system as it is is the best solution and compromise at the moment: some want it slower, some want it unchanged, and the ramaining want it faster.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 13th March 2013 at 05:38.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

AA's destroy pvp. The difference between a new level 80 and a veteran is so beyond silly it's hard to believe how FC could have let it happen. I am all for progresion, but in pvp skills and builds should make the difference, not AA's. PVP will continue to suffer losses in population as long as this goes unchanged. There should be some sort of equalizer mechanic when doing pvp, or at least when doing structured pvp like minis and sieges. I would imagine it would be hard to do anything with the AA gap for open world pvp. Still, narrowing the gap for minis/sieges would be a huge plus.

AA progression seems fine for me too...there are some feats that are taking extremely long to max out and some feats that are definitely unbalanced (especially in pvp). But does that require changing the AA tree or rather to take a look at these feat balance or the pvp in general?

What might work to get f2p players to sub would be some extras whatever they do (e.g. an additional loot list or some currency that can be exchanged into ANY token). With this, there would also be no need to keep f2p and premium seperated. A f2p doing a T1 raid would get for example the same loot as now, while a premium would get 1 addition general token, he/she could exchange at a premium token vendor into whatever he wants (ingame gold, esteem tokens, MoAs, trophies, rare tokens, raid tokens etc.). The exchange prices or options could be limited for T3+, to avoid premium players grinding t1 to get t3 tokens (even though with the right price balance this would not hurt).

Quote Originally Posted by Freke View Post
    AA's destroy pvp.
    no need to worry about anything important then.

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by lok502 View Post
    I guess the new GD can reply, I asked Craig a couple of weeks ago (didn't know he was leaving) about the "horizontal progression" he mentioned it should be similar to the AA for the "new expansion" (before they announced Dragon Spine).
    Any plans for that?
    I'd assume crafting revamp will be the main priority instead of more progression.
    No idea...never was mentioned to me and I don't see it in any of the plans that the team had for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    No idea...never was mentioned to me and I don't see it in any of the plans that the team had for this year.
    thank you for confirming the various conspiracies I was holding dear to my heart.

One of the issues with AAs that has always been strange is the cost of them.

Why do 3 of the gold ones take 40 pts, while 4 of the gold ones take 110 pts? Why so much difference?

Why do a lot of them take 70pts, while others take 40 or 30 or 50?
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    One of the issues with AAs that has always been strange is the cost of them.

Why do 3 of the gold ones take 40 pts, while 4 of the gold ones take 110 pts? Why so much difference?

Why do a lot of them take 70pts, while others take 40 or 30 or 50?
    and why are some totally useless

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    and why are some totally useless
    like Guard's sustaining Wrath (Gold) -- should be deleted..

But yes, many of the AA's are utterly useless.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard