Thread: Forum Wipe Question.

Default Forum Wipe Question.

It seems a bit odd that you retained some but not all the posts. May I ask what the reason was for not keeping all the old content? Almost 90% of the google content now goes to a dead page. I only bring this up because this is a good way to kill yourself and page rankings and such on Google.

Overall the next few months for Age of Conan google redirects to the site will drop a lot once the old pages start to die out.

I just wanted to know being a AO Player for ever why someone would make such a Job costing mistake.

EDIT: Ahh http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180361 Forgot to SEO it right though
    Last edited by Kane-Hart; 10th March 2013 at 12:15.

As far as I can see the only posts kept are a few official ones made by Tarib and others back in the days of 2008.

As for why not transfer all posts, I can't say for definite but in my experience of maintaining and playing admin on forums: its too much data.

Hundreds of thousands of posts takes hours or days to backup, put onto the new forum, and creates countless technical issues.

And only a few topics would actually be of use. And those that are can be copied across.
    Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

>> Only one character from 'Vorbiz' exists in my player name. So if you see me or anyone else with a similar name running around: It is not me.

Social Guidelines | General Support | Community FAQ | Support FAQ

I guess you´re referring to the old US forums, where the old URL was forums.ageofconan.com .. when you google for some topic now, it says that the link is dead, BUT.. you must add the "-us" suffix in the URL, since the backup is now at http://forums-us.ageofconan.com

before the merges, US forum was without -us suffix, while EU forum had -eu suffix, after archiving, those EU forums still got the -eu suffix, but US forums got new -us suffix now and global forum are the new ones without any suffix

but I agree, that they should keep those archives as long as it´s possible

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    but I agree, that they should keep those archives as long as it´s possible
    They are keeping the forums open until July 1st - while many of you think this isn't long enough, Funcom is keeping them open as long as they can.

Please be sure to copy any content over that you want on these new forums because after the 1st of July 2013, all links to the old forums will no longer work.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.