Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Officially Unofficial Help The Noobs Thread

Default The Officially Unofficial Help The Noobs Thread

So I got through Tortage and was shipped off to Cimmeria. Thing is, once you get there there's really nothing to help you figure out what to do first, and some areas are definitely tougher than others.

I got through a couple of missions, destroying a totem and recovering the old man's stuff, but then the third one sent me to the Spider Caverns to get monster parts. I'm getting my butt kicked trying to get through there and so I'm thinking maybe I should have tried something easier first.

Any suggestions as to what to do next? Should I bail on this area and come back when I'm stronger? After that? I'll take all the help I can get.

Take a look at your quest journal. Quests have different colors.

Grey: damn easy
    green: easy
    yellow: medium (mobs have your level)
    red: hard
    Last edited by MisterClean; 9th March 2013 at 23:14.

First - all quests in your journal have a colour code. Grey involve mobs that will have hard time hurting you, green are easy, yellow are moderate, orange are on your level and red are hard. You will rarely get red quests though.

Second - if you launch your map and hover on the various playfields, you will see tooltips that say for which level they are.

What level are you now? If you did all quests in Tortage you should be above 20 and you should be able to normally run quests in Connall's Valley (first you are shipped to Conarch Village which also has some easy quests).

If you will do some quests in CV and you'll find the next ones too hard, then head to Khopshef Province or Wild Lands of Zelata (all those playfields are for 20-30+) and run the easiest quests until you'll get a few more levels. Around level 40 it's good to complete Pyramid in Khopshef and then head up to Noble District in Old Tarantia or Field of the Dead, which is accessible from Conarch Village.

We forgot to mention group quests and raid quests; but the icons are quite obvious ^^

NEXT !

I advocate this thread title for stickie and we just build it from here

Thank you that helps...a lot!

See, now this is exactly the kind of thing new players (or returning players who gave up on the game waay back before they got good at it like me) should know.

What's interesting is that just in the last few minutes I discovered where to download the manual for the game and that's all in there, but of course, if you don't know to look for it you're less likely find the link, even though it's right on the front page of the site.

I renew my vote for a "Getting Started in AOC FAQ" page!

the cool thing is, this is not a totally linear MMO like others, you could also travel to Old Tarantia, Khemi or Gateway to Kithai to pick up some lower level quests around there and check out the other countries early on. So much variety and lots of freedom.

also don't forget your personal destiny story picks up again right when you arrive in Cimmeria(Conarch). Your class destiny story continues at lvl 30.
    Last edited by Manilavanilla; 10th March 2013 at 01:17.

Gateway to Khitai is also nice since you can pick up 2 AA vials while there, provided you access to Khitai content obviously.

Zeleta is my favorite PF!

I level from 20-30+ there. Just do other quests if you can't do the spider ones as yet.

I usually wait until I have all the spider quests and do them in one hit.
    Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

>> Only one character from 'Vorbiz' exists in my player name. So if you see me or anyone else with a similar name running around: It is not me.

Social Guidelines | General Support | Community FAQ | Support FAQ

Don't forget that you are not "bound" to your ethnic leveling zone. It might be worth looking back at the others (Wild lands or Khopshef if the available quest in your log are a bit hard....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast