Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most enjoyable class... PvP edition

Default Most enjoyable class... PvP edition

To give new players a look at the play styles of the various classes...

Veteran players please share your thoughts on what makes the class you play engaging and rewarding in a PvP environment.

I am only 43 so far, but I plan on taking my bear shaman to 80. It is rewarding in PvP to keep 3 debuffs active, plus a bleed, while threading in my damage combo and keeping the blue and green heals rolling. As well, healing is mana based and damage is stam based, so you have a deeper resource pool to draw from in long fights.

Playing other healers briefly, I feel like I am CC'd constantly, while on the BS, the mobile play style and use of combo jousting is making other players miss the CC that would easily land on a stationary caster. I'd skip the green heal on a lower level PoM or ToS because I didn't think it was worth a 2 sec cast for such a small heal. On the BS I can always keep the green heal going.

if u mean a pvp environment as in open world pvp, and arent interested in chasing gear, AAs, conquest trophies, capping flags for badges, farming noobs for extra PvP xp and other things that just seem inevitable at 80...try out a B&G rules server and play lowbie

if really u feel like ur missing out on content by not going to 80, i can tell ya sin is a great class for open world
    -quick burst to eliminate a key target in a few seconds
    -in lotus u can train bubble that absorbs 90% of dmg against magic, poison, and fire
    -u can also train cat's paw, an ability that considerably increases your evade chance in the lotus feet tree
    -furthermore theres a feet in lotus that gives u complete immunity to magic when a spell crits you
    -cc breaks down any feat tree and AAs
    -acceleration, a 45% speed buff to get out of trouble real fast

Herald of Xotli:

Pros:
    1. Good survival in morphed states;
    2. fabulous AoE damage;
    3. ranged and combo mixture;
    4. a decent amount of CCs;
    5. relatively fast 2- and 3-step combos for the amount of damage and targets affected with insane DoTs;
    6. cold protection and fire immunity;
    7. high knockback and fear resistance;
    8. extra lives with immunities;
    9. hot-looking demon forms;
    10. anti-CCs.
    11. Jiang-Shi's form fills the time between DE spells.

Cons:
    1. Not the best duelling class because of the AoE role.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 11th March 2013 at 08:07.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Talking

I'm recently rolling myself a bs which is a interesting class, and some old player says that conq and pom are very strong in this patch?

Love 39 minis
    Last edited by Arishanya; 2nd April 2013 at 23:09.

Conq and POM are monsters, but BS is like HoX, it's too awesome, you need to have one.

Conq and PoM are OP but... if you got guts go for HOX!!! da best fun!
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Quote Originally Posted by Shiwan View Post
    Conq and PoM are OP but... if you got guts go for HOX!!! da best fun!
    Yep, I tried my friend 's 39 hox, only for pve, seems hox are less need to focus enemy as most useful spell are all aoe attacks, kind easy to play for new player?
    Love that Pretty cool DMG I might gona roll a 39 hox later. :d

Quote Originally Posted by bslsb View Post
    Yep, I tried my friend 's 39 hox, only for pve, seems hox are less need to focus enemy as most useful spell are all aoe attacks, kind easy to play for new player?
    Love that Pretty cool DMG I might gona roll a 39 hox later. :d
    Well the challenge with HoX isn't really to hit your combos, that's pretty easy . Whats more challenging though is to dodge other players combos while mostly having rather slow dps combos/spells (beside HfB). And of course knowing how to deal with the focus you'll undergo in most minis.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Indeed HoX rely on moving you gotta keep moving all the time or you are death as most squishy character in game.

The fun comes with the same as you are runing toward to enemies embraced with flames of Xotli and in the heart of battle you turn yourself into the demon with huge sword who burns everything around...

Concept is awesome and you can foresee HoX will become more powerful in near future as there will be revamp made soon (and we all know it will be huge buff)
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Quote Originally Posted by Shiwan View Post
    Concept is awesome and you can foresee HoX will become more powerful in near future as there will be revamp made soon (and we all know it will be huge buff)
    High pvp level HoXes are deadly(or t4 hox, BB hox(too squishy)), over 1k per tick of CoA, awesome pulsing damages etc. if HoX will be buffed, it should be physical damage increase.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast