Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: returning player - Duo question

Default returning player - Duo question

Hello,

I am thinking of returning to AOC (I played from Beta until few months after launch)

usually me and my friend we like to duo hard content, back at launch, the solo content was too easy and the group content was too difficult to duo

so i am wondering if now the game is more duo friendly, i.e. can we take on group content if we are well geared? and is that only possible at high level or through out the game (from 20 to 60 and 80)

if the answer to the above is yes, then the next question would be what class combination would be best to duo group content?

thank you guys for your help answering those questions

There is no duo group content per se, but Khitai zones (especially Paikang) and Dragon Spine zone can be still a challenge even with two man groups (those are brutal for solo play).

Any class combination you will pick will be just fine.

Solo content can now provide a challenge and give really nice rewards so give it a shot.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    There is no duo group content per se, but Khitai zones (especially Paikang) and Dragon Spine zone can be still a challenge even with two man groups (those are brutal for solo play).

Any class combination you will pick will be just fine.

Solo content can now provide a challenge and give really nice rewards so give it a shot.

Thank you Slith, do you mean all the game solo content can now provide a challenge? or the "Paikang" area solo content? and what level is "Paikang"?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponad View Post
    Thank you Slith, do you mean all the game solo content can now provide a challenge? or the "Paikang" area solo content? and what level is "Paikang"?
    Paikang (lvl 85 mobs) and Kara Korum (lvl 83 mobs) are 2 fairly rough zones for solo players.

My friend and I did a lot of duo leveling. After we were out of Tortage, we pretty much stuck to orange/red solo quests and grinding groups of mobs a few levels higher than us. We did join up with others to do a few dungeons along the way. We had a polearm Guardian and a Necro.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponad View Post
    Paikang is a zone, last zone of ROGS expansions and mobs are +85 lvl (and they hit HARD).

Whole ROGS expansion provides a challenge for solo player for sure, much harder than vanilla aoc.

AOC also has several new solo dungeons and those are also much harder than in vanilla aoc (villas in noble district).
    Retired

Paikang is a zone, last zone of ROGS expansions and mobs are +85 lvl (and they hit HARD).

Whole ROGS expansion provides a challenge for solo player for sure, much harder than vanilla aoc.

AOC also has several new solo dungeons and those are also much harder than in vanilla aoc (villas in noble district).
    thank you all for your responses so far.

can the solo dungeons be done in Duo or they are strictly solo?

I think Cellar in Thunder river can be 2-maned, the rest is stricly solo experience (only one person can enter)
    Retired

I think Cellar in Thunder river can be 2-maned, the rest is stricly solo experience (only one person can enter)
    I thought funcom "fixed" cellar to make it solo only I used to run it alot with a friend when we were bored just for something to do but then coudlnt anymore. But could be worth a look

I think you could also duo Attlis' Mansion in the group mode (meant to be 6 manned I believe) but from what I've read it appears to be buggy compared to the solo mode.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast