Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Khitai Faction Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    Even with classic Avatar/Pos build your no. 1 damage dealer is HFB (magic damage - fire) so int./magic damage cloak is the only way to go.
    The cloak in question doesn't have +magic, only Int. Which means it doesn't affect things like the Burn to Death DoT. Your top damage dealer is irrelevant; what matter is how much an upgrade affects total damage done, and all else being equal, Int is usually less valuable because it affects less of the total damage sources. But this cloak has a ton of Int, so it might come out ahead anyway, especially when factoring in Will of the Sublime as pointed out above.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    The cloak in question doesn't have +magic, only Int. Which means it doesn't affect things like the Burn to Death DoT. Your top damage dealer is irrelevant; what matter is how much an upgrade affects total damage done, and all else being equal, Int is usually less valuable because it affects less of the total damage sources. But this cloak has a ton of Int, so it might come out ahead anyway, especially when factoring in Will of the Sublime as pointed out above.
    Hmmm... Your Nr. 1 damage dealer should be HFB, next will be BTD followed by white-hits. The problem is that Strenght and CR scales our damage so poorly whereas spells scale way better. Don`t forget that the auras are considered a spell as well and scale with magic damage as well as int. if I´m not mistaken.

Faction Pets:

The rest of this post is by "twit" on old forums with minor edits by me. Click links for pics.

NOTES:
    • Purchasing a pet requires Rank 4 in the faction, 800 Marks of Acclaim, and 10 gold. EXCEPTION: Wolf and Tiger pets.
    • All pets (unless otherwise stated) are instant-cast. Can be cast while running/mounted etc.
    • All faction pets will replace the Kappa/Ravager when cast and put these and all faction pets on a 120s cooldown.
    • Pets cannot be summoned in some areas (e.g., raids, typically).
    • Listed pet damage/drain etc. is always on a testlive Straw Man or taken from the tooltip when listed as a damage range (such as Tree of Death drain). Damage on mobs/players will, of course, vary.

Brittle Blade: Tree of Death
    • 5m radius, affects up to two targets, drains 240-293 mana & stamina per tick and target, ticks three times over 8s
    • pet owner gains as much as drained, except only once per tick (so if you drain two targets you'll only gain mana/stamina from one of them)

Children of Yag-kosha: Idol of Yag
    • grants +20 Damage Deflection, 8s duration

Last Legion: War Machine
    • 14s duration
    • hits for 537 AoE (3-4m radius) piercing damage and knockbacks targets taking the damage, 6s to load each attack so attacks twice

Scarlet Circle: Kang-Zai
    • 30s duration
    • has several different attack animations, each hitting for a set amount of crushing damage
    • total damage output over the 30s is 1400 on average
    • decently sized attack cone

Scholars of Cheng-Ho: Moon Child
    • 2s cast. Pet remains until dismissed.
    • Changes state every 15s unless in combat or given new orders. State affects Moon Child only unless otherwise noted. States rotate in order below:
      • New Moon: -20% scale +6% damage multiplier: casts Eternal Darkness (~10m range) 3s casting time hits for 32 electrical damage
      • Crescent Moon: -10% scale +8% damage multiplier: casts Moonbolt (~10m range) 2.1s casting time hits for 21 electrical damage
      • Half Moon: +10% damage multiplier: casts Moonbeam (~10m range) 2.5s casting time hits for 27 electrical damage
      • Waxing Moon: +10% scale +12% damage multiplier: melee 1.15s animation hits for 12-13 crushing damage, 3ppm on hit to do 50 electrical damage in 6m radius, AoE proc hits up to three targets
      • Full Moon: +20% scale +14% damage multiplier: melee 1.15s animation hits for 12-13 crushing damage, casts Full Moon Buff on owner granting a 12.5s +100 Natural Health Regen buff
    Shadows of Jade: The Sixth Con of Cang-Jei
    • grants +82 Hit Rating, +100% Fatality Chance, 15s duration

Yellow Priests of Yun:
    • Black Lotus
      • 7s duration, 6m radius affecting up to two targets, hits for 413 poison damage per tick, ticks three times
    • Golden Lotus
      • 7s HoT healing 240-293 per tick, 3s between ticks, ticks three times
    • Grey Lotus
      • grants +320 Magic Damage, +80% Weapon Damage (melee and ranged), 20s duration
    • Yellow Lotus
      • 5s duration, 5m range stun affecting two targets, 3s stun duration (giving 40s stun immunity to both mobs and players), stuns twice

Wolves of the Steppes: Demon Howler
    • 2s cast. Pet remains until dismissed.
    • hits for on average 10.8 crushing damage per hit, 1s attack animation

Tamarin's Tigers: the medium-sized killer kitty
    • TBD (similar to Demon Howler)
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Edited my original post with additional rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    Edited my original post with additional rings.
    Best blue HOX ring is the Ring of Scalding from HOC.

+75 Magic Damage (Fire)
    +49 Hi tRating
    +35 Crit Rating

2 useless procs and some natural mana regen.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    Best blue HOX ring is the Ring of Scalding from HOC.

+75 Magic Damage (Fire)
    +49 Hi tRating
    +35 Crit Rating

2 useless procs and some natural mana regen.
    That's the one that drops off the Demo boss playing with his pillar's, yeah?

Should be the rare variant of the Forge boss afaik.

So it's been a while since this topic, which is the most cohesive hox gear discussion I've found,was last updated. I only recently started playing, but I believe there's been quite a few new items, particularly accessories, arriving with the new World Boss patch, Unchained dungeons, and I think maybe new Dragonspine stuff too. For instance, the Fellblade of Crimson Slaughter looks quite similar to Harbinger of Acheron, and there's an incredibly rare new hox sword that drops from world bosses, the Repressor's Flamebrand, which seems to be the best hox sword in the game atm except for T3.5 and t4 sword (unless I suck at interpreting hox stats...).

Case in point, I had a discussion with some guildies the other day. I've almost got both the BB chest and head by now, and asked what I could use rare trophies on afterwards. I was told accessories, to which I parroted back the conclusions of this thread: that hox has itemization issues, and the best non-T4 accessories are actually dropped blues like Ai cloak, ToD ring etc. They didn't seem to agree though, for instance recommending me to get the Milestone int ring and LL cape.

In any case, do any of the items added to the game recently change the lists made int his thread? I don't wanna farm ToD or Ai if there are better Unchained drops etc now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    The BEST HoX accessories are actually blues.

For PvE:

Rings: Dreamer's Keepsakes/Ring of Scalding
    Necklace: Lacunal Nexus or Mysterious Necklace
    Cape: Cloak of Wakening Nightmares

For PvP:

Rings: Highlord's Bands of Power/Coil of the Jiang-Shi/Death's Ward/Devourer's Ring of the Abyss
    Necklace: Highlord's Pendant of Shielding
    Back: Highlord's Cloak OR Wings of Salvation
    New best ring drops from quest reward boxes from completing the unchained 'kill all bosses' quest that includes dragon spine.

New best necklace drops from quest reward boxes from the other unchained 'kill all bosses quest'... the one including the khesh dungeons.

New best cape until the legendary one is dropped from last boss in caravan raiders hideout unchained.

To me the stats on these three items look better than even t4 gear EXCEPT the fact that the neck/back have no hit rating. Hox has some hit rating issue in t4 and certain dungeons.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by uncreativex View Post
    In any case, do any of the items added to the game recently change the lists made int his thread? I don't wanna farm ToD or Ai if there are better Unchained drops etc now.
    PvE :

Abyssal cape of crimson Slaughter from demigod in caravan's

http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo..._slaughter.jpg

And new ring from excavators quest:

http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...ng_cinders.jpg

However considering effort and drop rates for the rings you might be better off farming the other stuff :P

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast