Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AA Starter Guide

Quote Originally Posted by stiiixy View Post
    Despite the apparent DPS woes of the HoX (it's a toon I've been hovering around for some time, but never bothered to master), all three Golden AA's are actually useful? Compared to say the Demo's who are all usless?
    Yes all three are useful but only two are fun

Enslaving fire and feeding the pyre pvp
    Dooflunky

Can anyone comment on if Chromatic warding is truly a better use in more applications than Pressing/Decisive in PVP?

Don't have very many AA so I don't have the option to feat fully into both and use them for different situations etc. I'll have to just pick one and go with it
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Can anyone comment on if Chromatic warding is truly a better use in more applications than Pressing/Decisive in PVP?

Don't have very many AA so I don't have the option to feat fully into both and use them for different situations etc. I'll have to just pick one and go with it
    Chromatic is...okay, at best. HoX dies so quickly, that the extra prot really isn't noticeable.

If you're getting focus fired all the prot in the game isn't going to save you on a clothie. If you aren't getting FF'd, you want all the dps you can to melt face.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post
    If you're getting focus fired all the prot in the game isn't going to save you on a clothie. If you aren't getting FF'd, you want all the dps you can to melt face.
    ^This.

Depending on your gear, Decisive + Pressing, Field of War + Pressing are the only ways to go. (depending upon your crit rating, of course).

Must have missed seeing these. Thanks for the replies, I've been running pressing + Field for a while. Was just throwing around the idea of warding to get a few %'s more of protection. It looks like that will be all fixed with the protection gain on the new PVP gear WOOT WOOT!
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

A few days ago i tryed precise strikes for the lol in pvp , pilllars actually hit harder and btd as welll, no idea about dots in possession/gen spec
    Шторм-кнут

Whats the best perk to go with enslaving fire?

Question Hard choices

Quote Originally Posted by -Deukalion- View Post
    Whats the best perk to go with enslaving fire?
    I'd like to hear some comments on this one as well. I've seen talk about Feeding the Pyre but I've mostly seen Hunger for More used..

Also, transforming a pve hox into a pvp hox in AA's is a bit of a jump. Currently using Decisive/Pressing 5/5 + RSoX, I'm debating between getting PoT and Field of War or FtP/HfM and Enslaving Fire. Either way I think RSoX is the one that needs to go, but sadly you can't get everything (although you got to love the amounts of choice here! HoX's are so awesome...). If you use Enslaving Fire, at what rank would you say it transforms from free stun immunity to something useful?
    Last edited by Belawen; 22nd July 2014 at 10:59.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast