Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bear Shaman Guide

Wisdom is more or less useless, since it mainly give +Magic Damage and Bear Shaman barely do any magic damage (well, maybe ursine crush or something, but that's it). Since you're mostly deal physical damage, wisdom is only useful for increasing mana, so there's other more important thing to chose over Wisdom

okay thank you. . yeah was not noticing any thing good with the wisdom , I asked in game, and pretty much got the same answer, as in the quote.
    fights were lasting forever
    is the numbers in the listing the most importance first, or can any order work out . .,meaning just focus in any order but just in the ones listed

would guess "yeah", just asking

guess it's good finding out now, I don't want to have 30 minute fight with Strom (when I get there .. yeah, I'm that new )

Stats to prioritize changes depending on what level you are. Up until level 40 where you can get sanctum gear, you really want to focus on Con and HP. Str and dps matters but I always found maximizing HP gives the best early gains.

One you get past 40 and especially when you get to 80, it's all about dps. The main things contributing to dps is crit rating, crit dmg rating, str, combat rating, hit rating in that order of importance. Again this is very dependant on the situation your in and what your current stats are. For example, if you're heading to khitai for the first time and have under 8% hit rating, you may want to prioritize that a little more.

Basically, that list is a good general overall order of what is important. By the time you get to the point where you will be focusing on crit over con, you will hopefully know enough about the game to make that decision yourself.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    Wisdom is more or less useless, since it mainly give +Magic Damage and Bear Shaman barely do any magic damage (well, maybe ursine crush or something, but that's it). Since you're mostly deal physical damage, wisdom is only useful for increasing mana, so there's other more important thing to chose over Wisdom
    All our manifestation dots deal damage based on our bonus magic damage which increases from wisdom or generic magic damage. Currently we would need to reach values that are restricted to pure magic users (1000+) to see a good dps boost... that is impossible with the gear in the game.

While DT exhale magic damage and actually benefit from dropping melee for magic damage, we still deal most of our damage from physical combos/bleed and we need as much combat rating/str as possible.

Priest and mage gear don't give any melee boost, HoX gear boosts only fire damage (so only one mani) and usually has 2HE combat rating, so melee is also weaker.

If we'll be able to craft custom gear, wisdom (or better magic damage) can become more important.

Fun fact: 100 strength adds 1 damage to manifestation dot tick - generic magic damage is about 5 times more efficient.
    Last edited by Misiuggah; 29th August 2013 at 18:28.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12