Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Conq PVP Discussion/Builds

Default Conq PVP Discussion/Builds

This was requested in another thread, so I figured we could get the ball rolling.

I'm no expert, so I hope others post their theories, but this is what I run as a brute conq in PVP. Full PVP T2 and Sogoth are my weapons. Ibis + PVP 5 are my dual wield weapons. I usually kill more than I die.

My brute PVP Spec right now: http://goo.gl/sHpPh

I tend to tweak and change this a lot, so right now I'm trying without Guarded Frenzy to see if it makes a difference (despite my best efforts, I still occasionally get caught in Frenzy). With the amount of survivability we have at this gear level, we don't need to take as many of the mitigation feats, but I still find that it helps to have a bit more durability, because when you're debuffed and getting beat on, you can still melt. I try to keep the GODS buff up at all times, both for the Ret damage and the proc damage (hey, free damage while I do my combos isn't a bad thing, right?). Then I just make sure I'm applying my debuffs and hitting unshielded sides. It's try keep the Furious Strikes buff up at all times. I swap out class AA between BfC and OLP, depending on the game. Be sure to get your debuffs up on the opponent, then go Frenzy for heavy damage, then get back to neutral. I only use D if I'm carrying or going into heavy AOE to debuff or push a backline.

For a brute conq looking to level up in PVP, you probably want a bit more durability in your spec at the expense of some damage. Perhaps something like this: http://goo.gl/lWuZC

Anyway, I'd love to hear comments and suggestions from the long-time PVP brute conqs who know their stuff. I'm always open to learning more.

For the odd occasion that I run carnage, I go with something like this: http://goo.gl/pP3NR

AAs to run for conq PVP: Pressing/Decisive (sometimes I slot Chromatic if the other team has a lot of casters who know what they're doing), Avoid Entanglements/Vindication, OLP or BfC
    Last edited by Thutkemi; 11th March 2013 at 19:27.
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

"Grammar is the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Can I get a bit of insight on how to use my AA? should I save up for Battlefield Commander? or put it on my time training and use the points i get to get other things? What about besiege/rout?

Sorry for the sort of vague questions, I just stopped playing right after Godslayer and I'm a at a bit of a loss. Do AA's make that much of a difference in PVP? What kind of gear should I get? I'm 65%~ of the way to PVP 5, would those extra pieces be better than t1 gear? or what about khitai faction gear?
    Bane-->Cimmeria-->Tyranny-->Set

Quote Originally Posted by -Dagoth- View Post
    Can I get a bit of insight on how to use my AA? should I save up for Battlefield Commander? or put it on my time training and use the points i get to get other things? What about besiege/rout?

Sorry for the sort of vague questions, I just stopped playing right after Godslayer and I'm a at a bit of a loss. Do AA's make that much of a difference in PVP? What kind of gear should I get? I'm 65%~ of the way to PVP 5, would those extra pieces be better than t1 gear? or what about khitai faction gear?
    This is for brute:
    Be ready to take a beating, but try to learn from your defeats and figure out what other players are doing to beat you. At PVP 5 you can have full purple PVP gear: T1 chest/legs/helm and T2 peripherals, which is a solid setup for a soldier and where you start to come into your own in terms of gear. I'd do minigames and aim to get the full PVP T2 set via tokens by the time you ding PVP 7.

For AA - I'd say pour everything you've got into BfC to start. That AA gives you a nice damage boost and the self-heal is great, especially when you're undergeared (though when you have good gear, it helps you hit like a freight train, too). Vindication and Avoid Entanglements really help, while Decisive Strikes, Pressing Strikes or Chromatic Warding are also very useful AAs. Then your magical wards are good. The class combo boosters can probably wait until you've got your key AAs to at least 3 or 4 points.

If you are playing Carnage, you want to follow a similar path, though there are many carnage conqs who swear by Breakthrough and Assail for their class AAs. Those take a long time to train (especially breakthrough), so I'd get BfC first, then train those two, but I'll let those who are dedicated Carnage pvpers tell you a better path.
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

Default aa

options are nice, the realy nice thing about conc is thats its the strongest dualing class split with bs. but as conc u got the option to spec to defeat any class, bfc works well with brute, hence it will give u survivability and over time higher dps then olp. while olp with some practice allows u to neutralise any tread fast under certain conditions.
    as carnage a hybrid with bfc or a car gen with assail breathrue is the 2 options i pref, for just raping kills assail breakthrue is the combo that can take u over the top. it allows u simply to switch the turn of the battle and lockdown mages and rangers. along with being the best team cc. in a battle with many soft enemys spamming charges and kbs on enemy team.

gear setup u will be doing very fine with pvp gear, but in some setups using t3 dps neck or cloak rings ect. can have advandeges.

Thumbs up

I agree, BfC is now a must for me, it's ecxactly what i wanted.
    In the past i tryed a lot to get near the same damage boost you get with BfC, i tryed as much as i can to increase the weapon damage bonus, using "Rally(a nice +60% weapon damage, but for 15 sec)+frenzy+volcanic rage"...Now i discovered BfC, just perked cause i've been away since mid 2011, and it does its "dirty job".

A FA9 with max weapon damage boost (BfC+ Volcanic Rage+Frenzy), against a debuffed enemy, makes you feel like cutting bread with a chainsaw!
    Drimivol - Conqueror - Dracones Nigri

First, @Dagoth, the only aa i use now other than bfc from the conk stack is Break Through + either Assail or Rout, and only in carnage with the refreshing charge. EVen then, bfc might be a better choice.

Also, Thut, your carnage link shows the same build as your second brute link.

Note as well that with a hybride carnage spec you can also play with OLP. It's quite fun. Tricky but nice from time to time.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post
    First, @Dagoth, the only aa i use now other than bfc from the conk stack is Break Through + either Assail or Rout, and only in carnage with the refreshing charge. EVen then, bfc might be a better choice.

Also, Thut, your carnage link shows the same build as your second brute link.
    Thanks, I fixed it.
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

so regarding AA, how long will it take me to get BfC? Do I need 20 mastery + prowess? or just a total of both at 20? Am I better off going for resists with points and time training BfC?

At the moment I'm working on the passive resists and saving my mastery stuff for BfC,(and before I stopped playing I had already unlocked my way down to the third tier for AA)
    Bane-->Cimmeria-->Tyranny-->Set

Quote Originally Posted by -Dagoth- View Post
    so regarding AA, how long will it take me to get BfC? Do I need 20 mastery + prowess? or just a total of both at 20? Am I better off going for resists with points and time training BfC?

At the moment I'm working on the passive resists and saving my mastery stuff for BfC,(and before I stopped playing I had already unlocked my way down to the third tier for AA)
    You need 20 mastery and 20 prowess. I time trained it myself.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast