Thread: T3 - Keeper Add Spawns

Default T3 - Keeper Add Spawns

If you are new to Keeper or just didn't know, the various add types that spawn in this room always spawn from the same pillars.

To see an image of their spawn points, go here.

that´s some nice observation idd, but not that it changes a thing in the fight itself
    Last edited by Argantes; 7th March 2013 at 07:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    that´s some nice observation idd, but not that it changes a thing in the fight itself
    Well in a way it kind of does. Depending on how your raid handles the adds, it tells the add group what to expect, and better prepare themselves during the 1-3 seconds it takes for the add to be cc'd for the first time.

If an aegis is spawning, the melee can head over to the boss and start DPSing it for a few more seconds, or it can tell the PoMs to pop into SW so they can prep Mitra's Thunder. Or if a Tome comes in, it can alert a tank to stun charge it to keep it out of the way from the casters, etc.

The element of surprise as to which add is spawning is eliminated, which can either make the raid more dull, or can take away that minute moment of panic not knowing what's coming and what your responsibility is for those brief moments of the encounter...over and over again until the Keeper is dead.
    Conqueror Mairenne ~ Guardian Isabetha ~ Dark Templar Adayna
    Ranger Annalici ~ Barbarian Cailannah ~ Assassin Kaidha
    Necromancer Laylesi, Stirmatka ~ Demonologist Mavash ~ Herald of Xotli Nebithet
    Priest of Mitra Siracus ~ Tempest of Set Millah ~ Bear Shaman Yasuyin

Neat - never thought about this. Maybe I like surprises?

I have a feeling that such raid (which considers things mentioned in the tactic) wouldn't have a problem with this encounter anyway

Surely people have noticed the add spawns in the 3 yrs this has been out?

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Surely people have noticed the add spawns in the 3 yrs this has been out?
    I didn't and haven't heard about it from anyone.

I guess it's too trivial... though sometimes those 1-3s can save the day like OP wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    I didn't and haven't heard about it from anyone.

I guess it's too trivial... though sometimes those 1-3s can save the day like OP wrote.
    Well, in any case the only real add spawns that matter are Aegis and they spawn from the same pillars on either side.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Well, in any case the only real add spawns that matter are Aegis and they spawn from the same pillars on either side.
    Since it's possible to avoid the reciprocal damage as a melee, the overall dps on Aegis doesn't have to be that much lower. As a conq I just pop a bubble and hack away trying to keep aggro between CCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    Since it's possible to avoid the reciprocal damage as a melee, the overall dps on Aegis doesn't have to be that much lower. As a conq I just pop a bubble and hack away trying to keep aggro between CCs.
    You don't receive the damage if you cancel the combo animation and don't use the last hit. Sucks for some classes, but meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    You don't receive the damage if you cancel the combo animation and don't use the last hit. Sucks for some classes, but meh.
    Exactly. Aegis is a PITA if you're struggling with artifacts due to low dps, but otherwise it just goes down a few seconds later.