Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How to Heal

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Two blues used to stack pre 2.0 I think or am I wrong?
    Pre 2.0 yes... but not sure if was all the way back to 1.4 LOL. But yeah at one point, 2 blues stacked no matter of class. So you could have 2 poms or 2 tos or 2 shammy. I'm thinking this was pre 1.05 because it was when we had less HP and the healers freaked out and said Healing was gimped because now guys had more HP and our heals were less effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Two blues used to stack pre 2.0 I think or am I wrong?
    I don't recollect they ever did in live game, maybe bata!
    However they use to over ride each others secondary bounce from blue heals, but that was changed and now only the blue heal override each other but the bounce that you get from ToS and POM remains for the duration of that spell.

Here's a video showing how you should play a pvp healer. notice how he chooses to heal over landing a combo and everyone always has rings around their feet.

Just an example of what to expect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GKgCPbncK8
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

I remember LONG ago a HUGE argument I had about all this.

Thread here if anyone is vaguely interested any more.

Read it while you still can. Agrees completely with the OP.

http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=157426

Good old ValerieRose. I'd forgetten just how wrong one person could be about something until I read that thread again...

Buff

I know this was covered but...

If a tank dies in a 6man and doesn't have the big heal debuff, the healer failed.

If the tank only starts getting big heals at 25%, the healer failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    I know this was covered but...

If a tank dies in a 6man and doesn't have the big heal debuff, the healer failed.

If the tank only starts getting big heals at 25%, the healer failed.
    Basically yes, but there are exceptions as always

F.e. you have to factor aggro switching and encounter dynamic - I may be casting big heals when the tank is at 25% because the offtank was supposed to take aggro and I needed the big heal for something else.

Examples: Zodiac - if there are two tanks, then they should switch aggro fluently, healers should keep the big heals for delayed fire dot puzzle or if tanks **** up the switching. Yah Chieng - I will try to save as much heals for the clone phase, because this is when tanks die.

There are fights when you need to cast all heals as fast as possible and there are fights where nukes are just a backup for aggro switching delays.

Some tanks have too big ego and won't give up aggro when they have too much hp

We are not there to keep tanks at 100% hp - we're there to keep them alive.
    Last edited by Misiuggah; 22nd March 2013 at 06:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    Basically yes, but there are exceptions as always

F.e. you have to factor aggro switching and encounter dynamic - I may be casting big heals when the tank is at 25% because the offtank was supposed to take aggro and I needed the big heal for something else.

Examples: Zodiac - if there are two tanks, then they should switch aggro fluently, healers should keep the big heals for delayed fire dot puzzle or if tanks **** up the switching. Yah Chieng - I will try to save as much heals for the clone phase, because this is when tanks die.

There are fights when you need to cast all heals as fast as possible and there are fights where nukes are just a backup for aggro switching delays.

Some tanks have too big ego and won't give up aggro when they have too much hp

We are not there to keep tanks at 100% hp - we're there to keep them alive.
    holy words
    I love when tanks scream all the time... big heal! big heal!! but they still got the 'big heal debuff' on them... just can't let go and switch aggro to off-tank, and after that all the blame falls to the healer
    The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men.
    ---
    Zarathustra - Dark Templar
    Utawarerumono - Bear Shaman
    Caim - Herald of Xotli
    Silmeria - Assassin
    Nekoruru - Conqueror
    Manah - Priest of Mitra
    Samanosuke - Guardian
    Isztaria - Demonologist
    Lenethia - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by LordCaim View Post
    holy words
    I love when tanks scream all the time... big heal! big heal!! but they still got the 'big heal debuff' on them... just can't let go and switch aggro to off-tank, and after that all the blame falls to the healer
    Sometimes managing the heal debuff can be hard if the groups mix up - but it's totally safe to cast another big heal if the debuff is at ~30s and people are together again.

Sometimes the tank has to run away when you cast a big heal, then he gets a massive hit, cames back and demands big heal when you have it on cooldown

Sometimes such screams can help, but in general I hate when someone tells me how to do my job. If I'm not asleep or too focused on dps (and forgot that I'm a healer) I just ignore their yelling

Tanks are very good at avoiding heals, they even move when nothing is happening
    Last edited by Misiuggah; 22nd March 2013 at 08:57.

There will be times when due to stupidity, lack of skill or poor gear the health bars of your tanks will be going down and all your heals are already out.
    At these times put your pride aside, get off your high horse and forget about the DPS parse.
    At these times DO start spamming your blue heal and celestial gaze(if you have it) until things get back to normal.
    It can make the difference between a wipe and a win.
    Then you can start DPS again.

Every time I would rather have a win than a wipe where I top dps chart.

about pvp , i remember seeing it on forums many years ago and i totaly agreed with the whole idea : Healers = gas stations , you run to one when u need health , this obviously side-states that the gas-station is not running to you .
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*