Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How to Heal

It's understandable if they loose proficiency over time ~ PvP PoMs shouldn't be posting on this topic ~ when's the last time you've seen one heal ~ lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    It's understandable if they loose proficiency over time ~ PvP PoMs shouldn't be posting on this topic ~ when's the last time you've seen one heal ~ lol

Well it's perfectly understandable to come to the conclusion that same class green heals don't stack in PvP when there are people playing their healer like a dps class and not doing their green heals.

Rath reminded me of a certain Bear who always used to scream "Don't overwrite my blue heals" and even stops healing during raids.

If you aren't casting blue heals, you can't do your best dps. 15 secs is just fine in the rotation.

Also, for new healers in raids .. don't worry about healing, dps and let others worry (but stick to above line).

Quote Originally Posted by Blindman-au View Post
    Well it's perfectly understandable to come to the conclusion that same class green heals don't stack in PvP when there are people playing their healer like a dps class and not doing their green heals.
    pretty much why I made my point the way I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenic View Post
    This is incorrect ( and I'm shocked you didn't know this!)
    Green heals stack up to a total of 2. Doesn't matter what classes cast them. This also takes into consideration Demo Pet heal, Conq Banner heal (if they even still have that... I don't know) and DT heal. So if you have a Demo, Tos, Pom, only 2 of those 3 heals would actually stack... the third doesn't.
    You are right, i was wrong and im shocked i didnt either. I was drunk when i posted that. (i will edit, not afraid to admit i posted something inaccurate when it was.)

But to suggest I dont heal... Shame on you.
    Last edited by lonetac; 8th March 2013 at 04:47.

-Make sure you cast your greens every time they are off cool down.
    The cooldown of green heal is 8 or 10 seconds iirc, with AA's it lasts 25 seconds. So unless you are really (reeeeeaaaallllyy) concerned for that 1 guy always running to the opposite corner of HV to gank afkers, this is in most curcumstances a waste of time. For BSes it's different with the dmg buff ofc..

Quote Originally Posted by Xenic
    Big heals. These give a debuff on the target which is double the cool down. So if your big heal has a 30 sec cool down, the debuff will be 60 seconds. This debuff is class specific, so you can have a BS, POM, and TOS debuff on you.
    The debuffs (preventing players from receiving another big heal from that class) all last 60 seconds. Your explanation is too lengthy and not entirely accurate: The cooldown of my Radiance is 25s. (In raids this let's me use it for dmg 2 times before tanks need refresh)

Quote Originally Posted by Iyon View Post
    The cooldown of green heal is 8 or 10 seconds iirc, with AA's it lasts 25 seconds. So unless you are really (reeeeeaaaallllyy) concerned for that 1 guy always running to the opposite corner of HV to gank afkers, this is in most curcumstances a waste of time. For BSes it's different with the dmg buff ofc..

The debuffs (preventing players from receiving another big heal from that class) all last 60 seconds. Your explanation is too lengthy and not entirely accurate: The cooldown of my Radiance is 25s. (In raids this let's me use it for dmg 2 times before tanks need refresh)
    You need to stop saying with AA... this is for new players. They won't have AA and they need to learn the basics first and then learn to fine tune.

And Lonetac, I wasn't insinuating you don't heal LOL. My comments were in general. I was actually shocked that you said that because you play a healer the right way
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

You need to stop saying with AA...
    I need to stop trying to be helpful in _your_ threads you mean

Quote Originally Posted by Iyon View Post
    I need to stop trying to be helpful in _your_ threads you mean
    :P .............

This is incorrect ( and I'm shocked you didn't know this!)
    Green heals stack up to a total of 2. Doesn't matter what classes cast them. This also takes into consideration Demo Pet heal, Conq Banner heal (if they even still have that... I don't know) and DT heal. So if you have a Demo, Tos, Pom, only 2 of those 3 heals would actually stack... the third doesn't.

Blues. Only ONE blue heal can be on you at any given time. The reason people say to wait for the blue heal timer to end before casting a new one on you is that the first tick of the blue heal was a small burst. I don't know if this mechanic was changed or not (It's been a really long time since I studied my healers) but even if it is still the case, it's more beneficial to keep the blue heal on them and lose the bonus from the burst than it is for them to NOT have any heal ticking.

Big heals. These give a debuff on the target which is double the cool down. So if your big heal has a 30 sec cool down, the debuff will be 60 seconds. This debuff is class specific, so you can have a BS, POM, and TOS debuff on you.

Remember, ALL HOTS are to prevent, not to rescue. Burst heals are your rescue measures.
    Two blues used to stack pre 2.0 I think or am I wrong?
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast