Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How to Heal

And from the other side of the coin, in minigames, a pre-heal is a good thing. You don't need to wait until someone is taking damage to hit them with a blue heal. Even if someone is at full health, throwing a blue on them is beneficial as they head into combaot. Before engaging the other team, try to group up in front of your healers so you can all get the blue running on you at the same time. This is not just for healers, but for all players.

It's a good idea for a healer in minis to remind players in group chat to group up for blues right before engaging the enemy. In the chaos of battle, you can't always run around hitting everyone with the blues, so having them running from the start is a big help.
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

"Grammar is the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

*edited for inaccurate post*
    Last edited by lonetac; 8th March 2013 at 04:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    If you are starting as a bear shaman i will suggest my Bear Shaman 101 Movie http://youtu.be/Sy4osc9wsu0 where i show how to play the BS without looking at cooldowns all of the time, and how everything can naturly "just happen" with the right preparation.
    I am sorry, but this guide is quite misleading and lacking in some fundamentals.
    If you can't even manage 2x IB -> new manifestation then don't even bother.

You don't even feat a single additional manifestation! This is laughable to say the least.

If there's anyone with Bear problems you can give me a PM instead.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 7th March 2013 at 17:35.

Quote Originally Posted by lonetac View Post

2 poms will net you one green heal if they both cast their green heals.
    No, no, no, just no!?

Ofcourse you can get 2x same green heal. What's up with people? Where do you get this info???

People trying to mislead nabs everywhere.

EDIT: Stacking poms with divine halo in the same group is not a bad idea if you want to maximize group healing.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 7th March 2013 at 17:32.

By the way, have those guys who claim that spamming blues destroy the double tick actually tested their claim?

Because the last time I checked the double tick timer on the blue heal is an internal timer on the target that receives the blue.

Say you cast a blue heal that hits 192x2 and kepts ticking for 192 later on. If cast a next one before 15 seconds, your initial hit will not be 192x2 that's correct. However, as far as I know if you cast a blue with 10 seconds left and cast another one 5 seconds after that, the second blue you cast will have a double tick at the initial hit. Therefore, the timer that prevents the double tick doesn't refresh everytime you cast a blue and especially in raid situations, if healers keep casting their blue heals, chances are the targets will get a double tick every 15 seconds anyways.

edit: please correct me if i'm wrong on this.
    Last edited by Macduff; 7th March 2013 at 17:46.
    Macduff(guard) Duffster(conq) Zacknafein(dt)
    Gedwyn(bs) Relind(pom) Onerio(tos)
    Pyrox(hox) Yorick(necro) Luthien(demo)
    Leartes(ranger) Skalld(barb) Mercutio(sin)

Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    Because the last time I checked the double tick timer on the blue heal is an internal timer on the target that receives the blue.
    I believe you are correct, but it was so many years ago I tested this maybe my memory is fading here... Would be good for someone to confirm.

Well i just got in game and tested it myself on tos. I casted my blue heal every 5 senconds while taking damage. On the third hit it hit me for a double tick. Therefore, as long as you cast A blue heal 15 seconds after your first blue hits, no matter how much you spam it again in between, you'll benefit from the double tick.

MYTHBUSTED!
    Macduff(guard) Duffster(conq) Zacknafein(dt)
    Gedwyn(bs) Relind(pom) Onerio(tos)
    Pyrox(hox) Yorick(necro) Luthien(demo)
    Leartes(ranger) Skalld(barb) Mercutio(sin)

The funny thing is it's irrelevant anyway - those 192hp every 15s won't change ****

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    The funny thing is it's irrelevant anyway - those 192hp every 15s won't change ****
    It was usefull before kithaï ezmode heals
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Quote Originally Posted by lonetac View Post
    Just to clarify (perhaps provide this in the OP):

When he says you can have 2 green heals as long as they are from different healers he means different healer classes.

2 poms will net you one green heal if they both cast their green heals. This means stacking multiple same class healers in a group is actually a bad idea. You would want 1 pom and 1 tos, not 2 poms or 2 tos's in your group (same applies to BS, just useing them as example). This also applies to big heals. If pom #1 casts a big heal, pom #2's big heal will no longer work until the debuff fades away.
    This is incorrect ( and I'm shocked you didn't know this!)
    Green heals stack up to a total of 2. Doesn't matter what classes cast them. This also takes into consideration Demo Pet heal, Conq Banner heal (if they even still have that... I don't know) and DT heal. So if you have a Demo, Tos, Pom, only 2 of those 3 heals would actually stack... the third doesn't.

Blues. Only ONE blue heal can be on you at any given time. The reason people say to wait for the blue heal timer to end before casting a new one on you is that the first tick of the blue heal was a small burst. I don't know if this mechanic was changed or not (It's been a really long time since I studied my healers) but even if it is still the case, it's more beneficial to keep the blue heal on them and lose the bonus from the burst than it is for them to NOT have any heal ticking.

Big heals. These give a debuff on the target which is double the cool down. So if your big heal has a 30 sec cool down, the debuff will be 60 seconds. This debuff is class specific, so you can have a BS, POM, and TOS debuff on you.

Remember, ALL HOTS are to prevent, not to rescue. Burst heals are your rescue measures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast