Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: How to PVE CONQ

Brute DPS is enough to pull aggro, especially in Tigers gear, but without the -hate you'll not really get to use Frenzy much. Some of the best +damage Brute buffs are tied to bulding hate.

Again, the DPS can be impressive, but is a real chore for the rest of your group unless you have above-average tanks.

I really can't see Brute frenzy DPS being impressive at all. Frankly it doesn't really come out a huge amount more than what you get while tanking in defensive stance. You can probably fiddle around with it and get around 1600-1700 but again, that's not much more than tanking and a whole lot less than carnage.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    I really can't see Brute frenzy DPS being impressive at all. Frankly it doesn't really come out a huge amount more than what you get while tanking in defensive stance. You can probably fiddle around with it and get around 1600-1700 but again, that's not much more than tanking and a whole lot less than carnage.
    I appreciate that it pales in comparison to the more mechanically intended DPS specs, but I can't think of situations where I'd be sad at a support slotted player delivering that DPS. I cracked 1,800 in my experiments, and that is beyond adequate for day to day...however, we had a vicious tali DT for our tank, so I had no aggro worries. ;D

In defensive stance with a brute dps build i get to about 65% my carnage dps spec, but still enough survivability to tank. Im fiddling with my rotations to up the dps though, Im finding hofs more and more useless.
    I don't make points I make dents.

brute dps bla bla, what about carnage tanking? I started conq with carnage with off-tanking every instance but once I started MTing, I dropped it. Is it viable in T4 for instance? Thinking of trying something like this http://goo.gl/bqiWG or this http://goo.gl/ixE9Q , will try the latter first.

Any ideas/suggestions? Should I bother? :P

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyMad View Post
    brute dps bla bla, what about carnage tanking? I started conq with carnage with off-tanking every instance but once I started MTing, I dropped it. Is it viable in T4 for instance? Thinking of trying something like this http://goo.gl/bqiWG or this http://goo.gl/ixE9Q , will try the latter first.

Any ideas/suggestions? Should I bother? :P
    It's viable but I never found it worth it. I've tried a few times in the past and even though now I have just about the best weapons in the game (for both Brute and Carnage) I still wouldn't really bother much with it.

The amount of aggro you can generate is solid, but I'm not really sure it's any better than a Brute. Long term your aggro is a little more flimsy simply because you have to let go much earlier and can't ride out your bubbles like a Brute conq can. You'll also have lower mitigation numbers in Carnage.

The DPS is higher but nothing too great. If someone can carnage tank and get 1500 but a Brute Conq can get 1100 - 1300, IMO the Brute is way, way superior. Much tougher, probably better aggro, can control the consistency of their aggro and the direction of the fight much easier.

As for the build itself I would get goad as a priority. Kiting Trailing Arrows in Sheng puts you a bit behind and having goad can let you step in effortlessly to help save someone or just steer the fight the way you need it. Basilisk is another one where, if you know the exact timing of all the petrifies, you can save a dumb pull/positioning and drag the petrify somewhere safe. All the rest of the standard stuff about goad applies too, it's just good for if you die or need to save someone with just a few buttons. It's an effortless win button when done right.

I'd probably skip the self heal on a carnage build and just go for more DPS. I also prefer your second build with Improved Rend and Reaping Blade.

Let me know if you get some success with carnage, but my observations are that the extra DPS is small but the hit to survivability is hard to justify.

yeah dw tanking (also MT) was very nice and possible pre revamp, post revamp its just not necessary as brute got buffed up enough

still possible though

Tried in 5-6 instances today including tian; with will of mettle, I could lock aggro easily not even needing irritate; I saw this and tried healing discipline instead, this time I couldnt get aggro with spamming irritate(both against another conq who was playing brute).

For survivability, 1-2 percent short of mitigation in numbers but I take more damage than the math there somehow :P and lack of bubbles.

But dps was good I was either first or second in the parse.(I have t4 barb 1he + ibis)

But I dont know, it's clearly inferior to brute but has more dps and same/maybe more aggro. And in T4 or in anywhere, there arent much occasions where I need to use my both bubbles in the same fight. Could be good for a change.

I'll keep trying it for sometime, I stacked mitigation/cons gear cos of carnage's dps, maybe with some dps gear I could balance aggro with healing discipline, than it could be more viable.

"Aggro lock" is only relevant to the other tank you are next to, it doesn't really mean it is any better. Kind of like saying someone "topped a parse"...

How much DPS did you do on Ironwright in carnage? or how much DPS can you hold off in carnage?
    Last edited by Boesch; 1st May 2013 at 13:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    "Aggro lock" is only relevant to the other tank you are next to, it doesn't really mean it is any better. Kind of like saying someone "topped a parse"...

How much DPS did you do on Ironwright in carnage? or how much DPS can you hold off in carnage?
    Sorry to dissappoint but I dont parse fights myself, and I dont really focus on how much dps I do, it matters if I get in rotation or not for me, or it interests me when I see I do better damage than dps classes in a parse or top a parse for that matter :P

I said "aggro lock" cos was comparing disciplines, against the same conq in the same fight.(the conq had regular khitai hate gear and t3 crafted blunt)
    It happened like this; I started the coppice fight with will of mettle, didnt use irritate once, and aggro was on me till first part done then I switched to vivication, this time I couldnt get aggro with using irritate, last 2 parts I went with mettle, never used irritate and never lost aggro, boss died when I had 10%hp left :P

Maybe I could have locked the aggro with brute spec also(depends on other tank like you said), but that was not the point.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast