Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: How to PVE CONQ

One question about magic damage. Are you sure that Improved Defensive Stance boosts magic damage mitigation as well? I always thought its a physical thing only...
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    One question about magic damage. Are you sure that Improved Defensive Stance boosts magic damage mitigation as well? I always thought its a physical thing only...
    Switch stances and see for yourself

Quote Originally Posted by jauertussen View Post
    take into acount how much all ure dots and combat damage will ingrease with the max damage on ure mainhand being 217 vs 192 on blunt. all dots values are calculated from the maximum damage on ure mainhand. u will deffently see a ingrease.
    It depends which dots, doesn't it ?

For example for the conq, lacerate and rend are not affected by weapon damage ; deep wounds, bloodbath, and GoDS procs are. Don't know about improved rend (I'd say it's not).

@Naerri : it should show on your character sheet.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Quote Originally Posted by Ieronon View Post
    It depends which dots, doesn't it ?

For example for the conq, lacerate and rend are not affected by weapon damage ; deep wounds, bloodbath, and GoDS procs are. Don't know about improved rend (I'd say it's not).

@Naerri : it should show on your character sheet.
    i recall lacerate is effected by combat rating but the ingrease is so minor its totaly irrelevant (never focused on lacerate since its totaly poo, maby u see 1 more damage pr tick for 1000 cr) rend damage is fixed numbers...
    well go test thoes 2 pleace, did my last test after conc rewamp. but diddent test thoes 2.
    one small note that have been discussed alot on old forum and that i can confirm, offhand damage dos get boosted by the weapon damage of the offhand, a note here is the damage boost on offhand is very Little pared to damage given to mainhand, a example is having t3 craft mh. switching between t3 axe offhand and yag blunt the blunt still do more damage do to better crits and more cr even thoe there are quite a gab in weapon damage. cant say if u wierld a sword or axe mainhand.

Question

So I've been messing around with my low lvl Conq alt and was wondering about endgame...

Am I supposed to tank in endgame? Off- Tank? DPS? I am aware of the Conq being a soldier class!

I welcome the option of being a tank but will I be accepted (regularly) as pure DPS (with support options) as well?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Selescion View Post

Am I supposed to tank in endgame? Off- Tank? DPS? I am aware of the Conq being a soldier class!
    u can do all of those things

Quote Originally Posted by Selescion View Post
    So I've been messing around with my low lvl Conq alt and was wondering about endgame...

I welcome the option of being a tank but will I be accepted (regularly) as pure DPS (with support options) as well?

Thanks in advance!
    my daddy always said, if you aren't first ( in damage taken), you're last.

conq should be a tank all the way... let the barbs do some dps.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Smile

Would BB6 be better for proccing dancing stell buff since it hits 6 times while BB7 only 3 times?? Or am i thinking something wrong here??

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrim View Post
    Would BB6 be better for proccing dancing stell buff since it hits 6 times while BB7 only 3 times?? Or am i thinking something wrong here??
    Dancing steel has an internal cooldown rather than a chance per strike so as long as you are continually attacking there's really next to no difference in procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    Dancing steel has an internal cooldown rather than a chance per strike so as long as you are continually attacking there's really next to no difference in procs.
    Well tanking the Mental Projection last night and also not counting the actual combo dmg from GoDS ... I had procs at 8:51 at the 29, 30, 33, 34, 36, 39, 40, 41, 44, 44, 46, 48, 48, 49, 52, and 54 second mark. The fact that multiple times my GoDS procced within the same second and many times within 1 second of each other makes me think that internal cooldown might not be as solid as you think. Maybe it is like FI with dual wield combos where for some reason, even with same internal cooldown, they stack faster dual wield compared to 2h combos. Also, looking at other uses of GoDS on my parse from last night, almost every single use of it there are two procs with a 1 second timeframe and sometimes 2 procs within 1 second of time and another proc the next second. I may be bored enough later today to count the amount of procs I get just using 2h combos compared to using both 2h and dual wield.

Mmmmm 7,500 dmg total from a one step GoDS combo that I actually started the fight with (aka no debuffs stacked yet).
    Last edited by Erock25; 18th April 2013 at 15:04.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast