Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: How to PVE CONQ

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Try to strip naked (your char in game of course), remove your perks, blank your feats, and log off the game. Log back on and equip your gear and do your feats and place your perks. Check if that helps. Had to do that on one of my chars, maybe it was the DT.. Think it was.. Kept having 14% crits averagely even though having 19% crit chance. Turned out that decisive strikes had bugged and even though it was on perk bar it had no effect.
    I have never needed to go to that extreme. Usually just making a change (any change) to your perks reactivates them.

Thanks guys, I forgot it could just be that old bug "something isn't taken into account" :/

I might change my spec though, it's good to have you guys do the maths hehe.

That said, in full T5 with imp def stance I get 57.3% mitigation against 55.8% without it. It should be enough I guess. Anyway if those 5 points are better used elsewhere, why not ^^

About the rotation, I now have to use GoDS4 to get those new T5 buffs. Otherwise I got it right I think, except for FA7. Why is that? Have you parsed a better dps output than with FA8?

Edit: as for imp TS, this is only my feeling but I think raid bosses hit too slow for it to be really effective. I might need some testing
    Last edited by MisterClean; 30th September 2015 at 00:24.

Look at these:

Phys http://goo.gl/pkMcv0
    Prot http://goo.gl/QefqcP

And then you'd have to make some sacrifices for having both armor and prot in the same build.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    Thanks guys, I forgot it could just be that old bug "something isn't taken into account" :/

I might change my spec though, it's good to have you guys do the maths hehe.

That said, in full T5 with imp def stance I get 57.3% mitigation against 55.8% without it. It should be enough I guess. Anyway if those 5 points are better used elsewhere, why not ^^

About the rotation, I now have to use GoDS4 to get those new T5 buffs. Otherwise I got it right I think, except for FA7. Why is that? Have you parsed a better dps output than with FA8?

Edit: as for imp TS, this is only my feeling but I think raid bosses hit too slow for it to be really effective. I might need some testing
    You're right, FA8 is the way to go. FA7 is my pvp opener

And I forgot about the GoDs 4 t5 thing. Has anyone parsed the benefits of using gods4+t5 versus the improved gods procs of gods3?
    I don't make points I make dents.

Dps might be a tiny bit higher with Gods 3 (with tanking buffs at least) I imagine. But what about aggro? It has always been a pain in the ass to test.

My feeling is that hate % does not matter as much as devs used to say. But once again that's just me and there is no calculation behind it.

Shax, the templates you suggest are really good but I still have one question (because I dont have time to check by myself): have you test them out against a boss that hits hard with both magical and physical dmg? (Say Vissie for example). Which one do you use then?

I wonder if the choice we had in lower tiers (magical vs physical) is still a viable option today in T5 and tomorow in T6. I mean...even in full turtle mode I sometimes feel like I take a train in the face lol.

I need to ask, for you guys, what is the right amount of mitigation and protection for T5 and T6 (for those who had the chance to test it)?
    I have the feeling that 56% mitigation and 35% protection sound about right. Do you agree?

Sorry, lots of questions. But like I said, I just can't play enough to answer them myself.

Xoxo

Default Impervious Defense Vs. Iron Skin

What might be advantage/Disadvantage to these 2 Feats
    3% per Rank to all Armour sounds pretty good

I think you can't compare them since they work together. Impervious Defense applies on your current armor amount. I would also add that what matters is the % or mitigation you have rather than this or that feat.

Say, if you have 56% mitigation, you should be decent anywhere in the game. (of course, the more the better)

Default Impervious Defense Vs. Iron Skin

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    I think you can't compare them since they work together. Impervious Defense applies on your current armor amount. I would also add that what matters is the % or mitigation you have rather than this or that feat.

Say, if you have 56% mitigation, you should be decent anywhere in the game. (of course, the more the better)
    With Impervious Defense applying to current Armour -- Advantage would be to Feat out the Iron Skin at low levels (You Likely don't have T4 Armour) with the different sets you could benefit much more from Impervious Defense(ID) vs Iron Skin with T4. In a Physical fight having both would be huge advantage vs. just Iron skin. I will likely post the numbers and see if people agree with everything. As with all specs I would love to have unlimited feat points, but that just isn't the case. I find those that would say why did you get rid of this for that or that is a must have. I appreciate all he input as it helps to understand the feats from other people's insight. Once again thanks for the reply, helpful.

Also, dont forget the mitigation curve is not linear past a certain amount of armor. I don't remember the numbers but it does something like:

Before 55% physical mitigation: 1 point of armor gives you X% mitigation
    Past 55%: 1 point of armor gives you a fraction of X%

While the % mitigation displayed on your character sheet is subject to diminishing returns there are also mitigation thresholds whereby if you do not have the required amount of armour you will take (sometimes dramatically) larger amounts of damage. These numbers are really only established by trial and error.

I feel Impervious Defence is a must-have for any physical tanking.