Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: How to PVE CONQ

Default Rout ?

firstly thanks Erock for the awesome thread, I've incorporated the weapon swap combos in my tanking rotation with great success I have the T4 2hand conq sword and I have bought the yun blunts as in DW with 2 of em, I rarely lose aggro also wearing mostly LL hate gear plus some T2 pieces

My question is I am using Rout plus Besiege instead of Battlefield should I change to GODS and Battlefield, what is the difference between GODS and Rout ?

Loving this thread guys great work everyone
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jmacbear View Post
    firstly thanks Erock for the awesome thread, I've incorporated the weapon swap combos in my tanking rotation with great success I have the T4 2hand conq sword and I have bought the yun blunts as in DW with 2 of em, I rarely lose aggro also wearing mostly LL hate gear plus some T2 pieces

My question is I am using Rout plus Besiege instead of Battlefield should I change to GODS and Battlefield, what is the difference between GODS and Rout ?

Loving this thread guys great work everyone
    cheers
    Switching from rout/besiege to Battle Field Commander will be a huge boost to your DPS, Aggro, and Survivability. All Rout that is different than GoDS is buff you with a minor amount of immunity and evade. I'm not sure if it produces more DPS than GoDS4 but I don't remember rout hitting particularly hard. Besiege just has a chance to increment your Furious Inspiration buff.... which is nice and all but still, not close to the benefit of Battle FIeld Commander. Besiege also does less DPS than HoFS5 when I tested on a straw man a bunch of times.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

most carnage dps builds take points in general over points in brute. has anyone compared the dps difference between them? it seems like the first part of the brute tree has some nice dps abilities that may be more powerful than general.

the following build is what i am considering running. just curious if anyone has any experience with a similar build (a similar one was posted earlier in the forums but did not get much feedback)

http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v16_116...d1620d5480d5ae

it gives you 24% weapon damage versus 30% weapon damage in general, but it also gives you the full 5% crit from ruthless assault, which seems intuitively to be worth more than the 6% weapon damage even though the crit does not have 100% uptime. you also get retaliation, which i suppose could have it uses on that very rare occassion, and you get throat slash which is a solid combo and can be used when shields are stacked or a spell needs to be interrupted.

it takes 19 points in brute to get this versus the standard 15 or 16 in general. meaning some more points have to come out of carnage. the most noticeable omission is probably flashing strikes--hope i don't pull! missing cunning d kind of sucks too, but it seems like overall this build might give higher dps than the standard carnage/general build.

just curious for some thoughts from anyone who may have tried this or a similar build. thanks!

Test it for yourself if you like. I'm sure many have tested it, as have I. Say no to brute for carnage pve dps build.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbybobby View Post
    most carnage dps builds take points in general over points in brute. has anyone compared the dps difference between them? it seems like the first part of the brute tree has some nice dps abilities that may be more powerful than general.

the following build is what i am considering running. just curious if anyone has any experience with a similar build (a similar one was posted earlier in the forums but did not get much feedback)

http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v16_116...d1620d5480d5ae

it gives you 24% weapon damage versus 30% weapon damage in general, but it also gives you the full 5% crit from ruthless assault, which seems intuitively to be worth more than the 6% weapon damage even though the crit does not have 100% uptime. you also get retaliation, which i suppose could have it uses on that very rare occassion, and you get throat slash which is a solid combo and can be used when shields are stacked or a spell needs to be interrupted.

it takes 19 points in brute to get this versus the standard 15 or 16 in general. meaning some more points have to come out of carnage. the most noticeable omission is probably flashing strikes--hope i don't pull! missing cunning d kind of sucks too, but it seems like overall this build might give higher dps than the standard carnage/general build.

just curious for some thoughts from anyone who may have tried this or a similar build. thanks!
    I have tested the build you suggested and the dps, at the end of the day is very similar. However the utility that you gain from cunning d and flashing defense cannot be ignored. Your going to pull aggro in either spec, its inevitable (with end game gear). Cunning D will save your life many times over as will flashing defense. Often while dpsing in zodiac I've used flashing defense and forced engage to save the main tank, It's very useful. Retaliation is wasted points, I cant think of any situation where it would be useful unless you were a carnage tank, In which case your spec would be much different anyway. I have not parsed each spec individually but I would expect the increased based weapon damage would come out on top though only slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbybobby View Post
    Anyone ever compare the long-term hate generation of 3 points in hateful strikes versus 3 points in sustained rage? Obviously you'll get more DPS out of sustained rage, but it seems like a 20% hate increase, combined with all of the other abilities conqs have to increase their hate and DPS, is a pretty nice tool to throw in the repertoire.

In terms of burst hate hateful strikes obviously wins out, but I wonder how it compares long-term because of hateful strikes' long cooldown. Anyone have any experience with it?
    I ran a build with hateful strikes when I was initially under geared and to be honest, its great. Every brute build should have maxed sustained rage imo, brute has so many hate modifiers and such high base weapon damage, weapon damage modifiers are golden. To get the most out of it you wouldn't incorporate It in your regular tank spec but run a separate spec for fights which require burst hate. I prefer to have sustained hate over the entire course of a fight rather than waiting for abilities to come off cool down.

Off topic : Haven't seen you around, you should log on more =)

Yup that's also what I meant by testing it yourself. Things change as gear progresses.

thanks for the feedback kascio. i've actually dropped all points from sustained rage and picked up goad, hateful strikes, and one point in improved defensive stance (to max it out). i'm super happy with it. my dps is slightly less but my aggro is clearly better. when i'm tanking with serious dts i need everything i can get to keep up, and hateful strikes helps way more than sustained rage.

as for carnage dps, i definitely do miss flashing defense, and i am already getting ready to spec back to the standard general build, haha. throat slash is sweet to have but it isn't worth the loss in survivability imo. i am dying all the time.

Default Not bad, Still You plenty of room to gain more dps.

But my dps is way higher than that.I was thinking of changing my specs but after seen you're Dps results much rather go another route.I actually have nearly triple that.I am gonna put together a Guide with full disclosure. Great Job on Posting this.
    Last edited by soulripper6; 25th September 2013 at 03:56. Reason: Grammar Corrections

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast