Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: How to PVE CONQ

It's easy to confuse spec for playstyle.

-If you have a dps spec (aka carnage/gen): DW 99% of the time. The 1% is if you want to go 2H to perform an IFA

-If you have a tank spec (aka brute/gen): the most effective thing to do is 2H 80% of the time. The other 20% are for BB (every 10 seconds) and breach (situational).

HOWEVER you can run a tank spec and never use DW combos. Not as efficient as the above but it works. You can also run a tank spec and use DW combos 90% of the time....but guess what? It doesn't work so well ^^

or you just tank with carnage/gen build ^^

Which happens more often than expected ^^

I never really got used to playing brute specs, and for a long time I didn't have a decent 2h weapon anyways. My DPS spec differs slightly from the OP's, but is quite similar, and looks like

http://goo.gl/U0aqz

If I am called on to off-tank, my "tanking" spec is mostly carnage and mostly the same as my normal build, but moves out of General and picks up Brute stuff up through Lumbering Hulk and Throat Slash

http://goo.gl/ilhAN

Is Improved Discipline that much better than Offhand Precision now?
    Quæ tam fera immanisque natura? - Cicero, Pro Sexto Roscio
    ------
    Heraclea (conq)--Hippolyte (rgr)--Ursamaior (BS)--Turandot (demo)--Nhutruong (DT)--Grignette (barb)--Haboob (HoX)--Androctone (guard)--Almawt (sin)--Dysphemia (necro)
    讓我給你讀你的內臟

Quote Originally Posted by Heraclea View Post
    I never really got used to playing brute specs, and for a long time I didn't have a decent 2h weapon anyways. My DPS spec differs slightly from the OP's, but is quite similar, and looks like

http://goo.gl/U0aqz

If I am called on to off-tank, my "tanking" spec is mostly carnage and mostly the same as my normal build, but moves out of General and picks up Brute stuff up through Lumbering Hulk and Throat Slash

http://goo.gl/ilhAN

Is Improved Discipline that much better than Offhand Precision now?
    Strictly personal experience here, no numbers to back it up: Improved Discipline seems better, especially since I always keep my banners/ techniques on cooldown.

mmh when i played carnage tank, i prefered spending some points in gen, gives you more survivability as the few points in brute.
    but i was not just offtanking so it might be enough for that

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post
    Strictly personal experience here, no numbers to back it up: Improved Discipline seems better, especially since I always keep my banners/ techniques on cooldown.

This has nothing to do with keeping banners/techs on CD though. Improved Disciplines is a plain 10% weapon damage (like sustained rage, only weaker) and that is all.

Offhand precision doesn't look so good now because you don't need any setup to max bladeweave anymore. So without it you're already very easily at 85% offhand chance (50% BW + 25% base + 5% AA + 5% berserk insp). At this level 10% more offhand probably does not do much of a difference.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Quote Originally Posted by Ieronon View Post
    This has nothing to do with keeping banners/techs on CD though. Improved Disciplines is a plain 10% weapon damage (like sustained rage, only weaker) and that is all.

Offhand precision doesn't look so good now because you don't need any setup to max bladeweave anymore. So without it you're already very easily at 85% offhand chance (50% BW + 25% base + 5% AA + 5% berserk insp). At this level 10% more offhand probably does not do much of a difference.
    Y'know.... I knew this, but my brain stopped functioning there.

The reason i dont feat offhand is I have it maxed in aas, plus bladeweave obviates its use, and I prefer the weapon damage to pump up bleed damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ieronon View Post

Going from 0% to 10% conveys the same increase in damage as going from 85% to 95%. Therefore your argument doesn't really have a point here.

The thing is one can easily calculate the increase in damage for 10% more offhand strikes. On the other hand that isn't easily achieved for 10% more weapon damage because of the way weapon damage is converted to combo/dot/white-hit damage.

So i guess there is no easy number-crunching answer to that. The best way would be to present empiric data from parses with Improved Discpline vs. Offhand Precision.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast